Do you sometimes forget if you're wearing or not?

Nappies have been my normal underwear now for so long that I am nearly always unaware that I have them on, dry or damp, (even under plastic pants and onesies).
On occasions when I am out bush walking and my IBS plays up, I even forget that I have a number two in my nappy after a short while.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Don’t forget I’m wearing, but I forget how long my diaper is on my bum!

• Haha
Reactions: theancientmariner
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve almost peed my pants because I forgot I wasn’t wearing a diaper lol I wear everyday and take them off right before bedtime most days and some days I’ll wear during sleep too

Reactions: AJFan2020 and newAB43
I'm not sure it was "forgetting" or what it was but I woke up in the middle of the night the other night to releasing some pee - luckily my reflexes kicked in and I stopped myself and bolted to the toilet... luckily it wasn't much and only left a 2cm diameter spot on my pyjama pants which I could change easily.

The thing is... I'm in my 30s... I have never wet the bed after I was toilet trained at around 2 y.o... I had only worn nappies 4 days in a row at that point and only in the day, never at night. I hadn't been drinking alcohol and only drank fractionally more liquid than I normally would that evening.

Let me say it up front, I am mostly a DL, sometimes middle and I only wear every couple of weeks. I understand that some ABDLs (who *aren't* incontinent) actively want to wet the bed and pursue that as a goal - and that's great if it works for you and within your lifestyle - but it's not for me.

I guess if you play with nappies, you're gonna get wet but... after such a short stint of wearing, it was a bit of a shock and I'm a bit rattled.

Reactions: nappyaccident
Not diapers but a week ago I forgot I was wearing white ruffle baby socks and went to the bank that way. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt so the socks were obvious if anyone was looking. I was getting the oddest looks from some grumpy old man who was sitting in the bank. When I got home I realize I was wearing the baby (made for adults) socks. I thought...oh well.

• Thinking
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
MrDiaperLoverUK said:
I never forget that I’m wearing my Nappies/Diapers
Neither do I, Because I wear thick cotton diapers with boosters and plastic pants I am always aware of the presence of my diaper. Then again, I'm also aware of when I'm not wearing a diaper.

Reactions: MrDiaperLoverUK
Never happed to me.
It's like I'm double trained wear my diapers and forget everything about potty trained. Take my diapers off and I remember everything there is about bring potty trained.

I love when I forget that ai am wearing then all of a sudden a crinkle or a buldge and ohhh yah that crosses my mind. And then I smile 🤭🤭
And If ai I have been wearing for a few days sometimes I will wet without waking especially if I had a drink or a lot to drink

• Love
Reactions: newAB43
littledub1955 said:
Neither do I, Because I wear thick cotton diapers with boosters and plastic pants I am always aware of the presence of my diaper. Then again, I'm also aware of when I'm not wearing a diaper.
Same here with me I’m also aware of when I’m not wearing my Nappy/Diaper

Once I wore goodnites to a physics lecture. I was so engrossed in the class that I forgot that I was in a diaper.

• Love
Uh my choice of diaper is often based on the amount of crinkle I get. Very hard to forget I have one on 😂

But I do like to wear padded pants, which help me get by when a new pack of diapers isn’t really in the budget. I have had a couple close calls from waking up to the urge to go and feeling super comfy in my onesie/footies and padded pants.

So I guess in my case I have forgotten I am NOT wearing a diaper!

For me, it’s weird. I’ve only been 24/7 for a month, but I already kind of forget I have it on during the day. At night, I don’t give it a second thought. I’m fact, I tried for two days not wearing for a few hours at a time and THAT felt strange. Like something was missing. At first I was hyper aware that I always had it on, but now I just put it on in the morning like I would with my underwear when I wore them. I don’t know if that’s the standard reaction at this early point but that’s where I am.

Yes, I have walked into the bathroom and pulled down my pants and was like… why am I here I’m diapered. Luckily I have never experienced the other way around.

It almost happened to me about 3 nights ago. I don't ever come that close to accidently wetting myself, but I came really close. There have been other times I forget I'm not padded, and wet myself in bed. That has happened about 5 times since 2013, the year I started wearing diapers again. I do a good job of transitioning from diapers to underwear, but there are those rare times where I let go, and have wet the bed. Can't be padded forever, this ain't Heaven.

Rarely but it happened. Usually when shopping and busy with looking for stuff on shelves. But it did not last for long.

ben0510 said:
Personally I am not incontinent. I wear nappies and plastic pants, or onesies etc because its something I enjoy. sometimes though, like a few minutes ago I forget weather im wearing or not, and nearly end up wetting myself.
I wonder how many of you sometimes have the same dilema?
A few weeks ago I didn't wear a diaper to bed and early in the morning I needed to go pee, my brain woke up enough to tell my body it was ok as I was wearing a diaper. Unfortunately I wasn't and it wasn't until I woke up in the morning that I had realised that I had wet the bed real bad. It even made it through my Terry cloth mattress protector

No. But I do remember one strange night when I was like half asleep and half awake. It really felt like I was wearing a diaper. I even touched it and it felt like I was touching a diaper but I wasn’t wearing one at all. Fortunately I didn’t have to pee otherwise it would have ended in a disaster

Reactions: AJFan2020
In the past I've occasionally forgotten that I haven't got a nappy on so I decided the only way not to sort this out was to go 24/7 in nappies and now I don't need to worry!

• Love
Reactions: Samantha
Back