Do you sleep on your back, side or face down? (messing accidents while sleeping)

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
To be honest, I'm not sure. Most of the time I wake-up on my side (both sides). I sleep like I'm in a coma so I don't know what I do while sleeping. But my diaper is all wet. Probably because I'm a heavy wetter. But for some reason when I get up, the load in my diaper is always in the bottom. It seems like I wet when I'm sleeping sideways because the BM doesn't seem spread all around. It doesn't mess everything. It seems to be concentrated in the bottom on my diaper. Which is kind of easier?

Do you sleep in one position? Side, back or front? Does this spread a mess all over or is it just one spot? (For me it's easier for cleanup when it doesn't spread everywhere.)

Reactions: Edgewater and DiaperDiva
I fall asleep on my stomach, but I'm pretty sure I move around while sleeping, cause I'll sometimes wake up to my sheets bundled up, but always wake up still on my stomach.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and littleph0enix
I generally sleep on my left side but do sleep on my right side and sometimes on my back. I haven’t sleep much on my stomach since I injured my neck as I can’t turn it far enough to the side to be comfortable in that position.

Reactions: Edgewater
I am put to bed on my side at some point during night I end up on my back. Since my bowels are regulated by medication to be very large and soft , the inside of my diaper is an unholy mess in the morning ( medication promises 3+ soft formed stools a day , soft formed stool into diaper meets a lot more resistance than toilet and it implodes )
So my morning diapers are heavily used when my aide changes me but there’s just thick brown mudslide coating the inside .

I start by sleeping on my back, then flip to my right side, and sleep for a long time, then back to my back.

I'm usually side bck and tummy

I only ever wet awake or asleep, but I sleep on the left side of my body.

Reactions: Edgewater and PaddedRita
Can’t sleep on my right side, I need a hip replacement,

Only sleep on my left or right sides ..

like to fall asleep on my side but sleep on my back and wake on my back

Last edited:
Usually I fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back. But apparently I spend a lot of time on my stomach, because since I've been IC, my diaper is soaked on the front every morning. Before i was IC, I wet my diaper consciously, waking up for a while, usually lying on my side or back, so diaper was mostly wet on the middle and backside.

I think "tossing and turning" during the night happens to everyone, but I go to sleep on my side and wake up on my back. I think I must spend most of the time on my back, because my mess will be in the bottom and back of the diaper, and the front, bottom and back will be soaked.

As a U-IC, I am a very restless sleeper and commonly change from side to side and also on by back. Have never been a stomach sleeper. Waking up in any of my normal positions with a very wet diaper, but well controlled by my plastic pants.

I sleep on my back because I sleep with a CPAP mask on. I feel like I'm a victim of the Alien creature trying to impregnate me, only to have it burst from my stomach days later. So yeah.....back sleeper.

Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
I'm a stomach/side sleeper most of the time. Most of the time I wake up on my sides. I don't care what side I'm on while dribbling and wetting self.

I used to be a side sleeper, but now it is uncomfortable on the both the right and left side. Switched to sleeping on my back and its much better.

richieboy said:
I start by sleeping on my back, then flip to my right side, and sleep for a long time, then back to my back.
I meant my left side oops!

DiaperDiva said:
I think "tossing and turning" during the night happens to everyone, but I go to sleep on my side and wake up on my back. I think I must spend most of the time on my back, because my mess will be in the bottom and back of the diaper, and the front, bottom and back will be soaked.
Knowing how to read the “evidence” left in your diaper in the morning is a good method of tracking your previous night’s sleep journey.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, JacksonTheGoldenRetriever and DiaperDiva
I sleep in my back and I exualy don’t move during the night and when I wake up with a full wet diaper it make me happy tho

Ceras said:
I fall asleep on my stomach, but I'm pretty sure I move around while sleeping, cause I'll sometimes wake up to my sheets bundled up, but always wake up still on my stomach.
I am a sleep mover as well. But I do sleep on my side and stomach. Almost never on my back.

Back