Do you have any ABDL tendencies even though you're IC?

hbic60 said:
I became urinary IC at age of 61.
I for sure did not dislike the feeling of wearing (and using) it
The best and very, very good fitting "label", which has been brought up by Ellyn, is for me "DOK" (Diapers OK) - Yes, that's me!
I think there are many "late" IC members that never developed any tendencies. And I'm sure many became ambivalent, like or hate. As for Ellyn's
"DOK" (diaper OK), I completely understand that label and I fall in that level too.

For those who were born IC (medical implications) or became IC at a very young age and of course being diaper dependent, some of us were treated
differently than "normal" kids. I was treated regular except when I was diapered. Until I was around 8 I was diapered (when I finally became some independence). Before that my mom, my older sister, babysitters and teacher aides diapered me. When I was almost 7 or 8 is when I finally rebelled. For some reason I must have developed some sort of interest when I was young. Don't quite understand why but I think it was natural.

Having some tendencies are much different than actually being a solid ABDL person. Some of these tendencies are inclinations. Not full-fledged ABDL.
Of course there are younger children who became full ABDL first. Born that way. I wasn't. So yeah, I do have some interest but I don't label myself as ABDL.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Chimera said:
I am not fully incontinent, but I just wouldn't be surprised if some of you dabble in ABDL just to turn a very inconvenient medical problem into something a bit more positive. I personally potty trained late and wet the bed until my late teens. If this wasn't the case for me, then I have my doubts that I would have ever become ABDL or little in the first place. Is it weird that I continued to want diapers, even after the bedwetting slowed down and stopped? It probably is, but that's okay. They simply symbolize a successful night's sleep, even if there are accidents (a day's sleep for me these days, since I am a graveyard shifter)

My heart goes out to anybody who have to deal with sudden BM accidents. I would get major anxiety if that happened to me in the middle of the store or other public area. It's hard to imagine that for some of you, it's just another day when that happens.
to turn a very inconvenient medical problem into something a bit more positive.
I think you hit the nail on the head for me. Putting some "fun" into having to wear diapers makes it a bit more tolerable for many of us. It was admittedly hard to get used to. Certainly not fun to have F-IC accidents in public, too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having fun clothing, because at the end of the day, it's clothing.

All said and done, I need to be able to laugh at the absurdity of it all :) it's a good coping mechanism for anxious situations and gets me through my day.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Rusher and 4 others
I've known I've loved diapers since I was 3, so yes, definitely a strong DL side that was always strong as a kid in my nightly Goodnites (and now as an adult too). I don't know if I have a little side as I matured quicker than my peers - but being around losing a lot of people will do that - so I still have my tendencies for things I enjoyed as a kid; Legos and building toys, certain snacks and drinks (though I like booze in my drinks now and cooking on my own), even vegging on TV reruns of classic cartoon like shows (South Park, American Dad, King of the Hill) or series in general. I think we always retain some of our inner kid selves, its just a matter of being comfortable enough to let it out

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Chimera, ILuvDiapers and 2 others
well, I've been using diapers for nightime since birth, and had issues if not close to bathroom, and/or need to leave class to use the toilet.

As for DL, like the results first and formost. they do become a security blanket for just reasons in my case. But i would not have said i was an AB at all, didnt have or gravitate to any baby items. Now many years ago a GF introduced me to it, and yes have had some fun, and biggest take is I use a lot of ABDL items, from megamax to sippy cups (keeps cat from drinking my water or lemonaid, I have a retarded cat :) ).

Currenly no GF, but still use the megamax as they work good, and also sippy cups, and onesies, and diaper covers (nothing frilly but maybe coolored), 1 piece pajamas, etc.

All these traditional ABDL items have valid use in my life, 1 piece pjs help support the diaper especialy when wet, etc...But I do have some old nuk's and such, but havent looked for them in like forever.

So, with my ex, yes had some fun playing, no harm there, and some the items are handy even not doing anything specifically ABDL.

I consider I like diapers, they help me with an issue, that is #1
I like onesies and 1 piece pajamas, like the feel/compression, and they do help things.

So I consider myself DL as i like/appreciate them, and not ever goig to be a special day in a diaper, i am every day of the year.
As for AB, with a playmate, cool can have some fun, sorta also gets into the bondage area sorta mixes in the middle of both them, as like a crib will keep you bound, or maybe locking diaper covers or preventawear suit (Have several) to in me delay things that even if i am by a bathroom, too long to take off and lose that battle usually, so dont really try anymore.

I say that everything in like is on a spectrum, and each area can be from not at all to literally the only thing you can think of (yes two extreme ends), and i'd say that AB is it;s own thing as is DL, Bondage, I even feel gender is all a spectrum like is now the leading way autism is noted as a spectrum.

Everyone have a tiny bit, to a whold lot of need/want/desire in any area in life, there is NO absolute, close, but not 100%...with some exceptions like life/death seems a pretty small specrum there, but at some time it will be, when we are maybe a higher being, or even living in a computer blistfully unaware.

You be you, I'll be me, and NO judgement if you like something I dont, or vice versa.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
I've been IC to varying degrees since birth. I've been aware I was AB/DL since I was about 5. I consider myself to be both.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, michaelmc and 1 other person
HappyCamper said:
I am IC and have from time to time bought diapers with cartoons on them or maybe just straight colored just to change the everyday white ones, but I'm not AB or Dl and have no desire what so ever, (but to each his own, I try not to judge anybody, you do you).
Although I'm IC I like to call what I am a "DA" or "Diaper Appreciator", I do believe if it wasn't for the AB/DL community that our current diapers would still be like depends, attends and store brand ones, so for that I say "Thank You" to all AB/DL out there.
DA! DiaperAppreciator. That's awesome! Agreed that the AB/DL folks have taken diapering to a level us IC folks would've never believed possible. So I shout out a big "YES" to the AB/DL community for helping us UIC folk.

Quickie about me: UIC?? Check. Need "protection" (i.e., diapers)? Check.

Diapering a part of my life? Yup/Check! Bit of a hassle? Heck Yah (cz traveling, which we luv to do) because I gotta coordinate supplies, logistics, backup plans, etc. is a bit tedious. But Oh Well!

Yet, I can live my life and do what I want with no restrictions!? So are the hassles worth it? .... You Bet!

All that said .... did I ever feel/need an AB angle? Nope; That's not *me*. What about a DL slant (as I was asked by some)? Well ... truth be known: it was not my desire or "DL"; but that comfort of knowing that I didn't have to worry about where a bathroom was or if i could "make it" to a bathroom, that was very *reassuring*. At one point in our many day trips out, one of the members of our group exclaimed "golly, you must be a camel cuz you haven't used the restroom all day!". Little did she know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Diprs2, HappyCamper, michaelmc and 3 others
Tendencies? Not really but...
greatlake5 said:
I wonder if I actually have any ABDL inclinations. I suppose some long-time IC people might have asked itself. And I do.

I've never identified as an ABDL person. I'm simply an incontinent person. But for some reason, I ask myself why and what about specific tendencies.
ABDL inclinations? Not sure to be honest. I ask myself and sometimes I think I might have some of this. But I don't identify ABDL really. Tendencies aren't that bad if they are. If they are it's because I'm fully IC for my whole life. I might have some interest but it's because I'm curious. I look at other forums here at ADISC. Mostly for questions and information but also looking what people are doing. AB and DL members make me wonder about "what if" for me. I'm not a frustrated IC person. I'm comfortable being IC. I've accepted myself long ago. There's nothing bad about exploring the ABDL world.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
JustAnotherIC said:
DA! DiaperAppreciator. That's awesome! Agreed that the AB/DL folks have taken diapering to a level us IC folks would've never believed possible. So I shout out a big "YES" to the AB/DL community for helping us UIC folk.

Quickie about me: UIC?? Check. Need "protection" (i.e., diapers)? Check.

Diapering a part of my life? Yup/Check! Bit of a hassle? Heck Yah (cz traveling, which we luv to do) because I gotta coordinate supplies, logistics, backup plans, etc. is a bit tedious. But Oh Well!

Yet, I can live my life and do what I want with no restrictions!? So are the hassles worth it? .... You Bet!

All that said .... did I ever feel/need an AB angle? Nope; That's not *me*. What about a DL slant (as I was asked by some)? Well ... truth be known: it was not my desire or "DL"; but that comfort of knowing that I didn't have to worry about where a bathroom was or if i could "make it" to a bathroom, that was very *reassuring*. At one point in our many day trips out, one of the members of our group exclaimed "golly, you must be a camel cuz you haven't used the restroom all day!". Little did she know!
I am a DL mostly in the since the diapers let us live a life away from a restroom with no fear. It took many years for the No fear part as I too used diapers Long before ADISC or the ABDL community was very big or I knew it existed anyway. Let me tell you I can not agree more about how much the ABDL community forced the Medical diapers to get just as good. I have been wearing around 30 years. I was bladder incontinent most of my life but now as I am in my mid 40's with a long list of health issues I have developed bowel IC s well. Not near as bad as the bladder but the last 3 years it has really became so much worse. I can Assure people they are are very fortunate to have top quality diapers available today. As that living in No fear really did not start until I found quality extended release plastic back diapers with tall leak guards long after a good 10 years of depends and attends. I will say to be honest Depends and Attends products from the 90's was 3 times better than their products today. I rember using both of them before any diapers ever had leak guards. I remember when they first became available in 96. But as they did not evolve they now totally suck worse than ever. Instead they got lost on the discrete thin protection they offer today and tht is fine for people with little leks but full blown urge incontinence or total incontinence they are a disaster. I cant understand how they can think thinner is always more discrete because in my eyes wet pants are never discrete and neither is running to the bathroom with a bag every 2 or 3 hours to change... . My first really good diaper was from a mail in order catalog before the internet was king. Still in business today online but sadly they did not evolve with the industry either. Hdis was the company and my first quality extended release diaper was the old purple Molicare suppers. I had a urologist give me a few samples and a catalog to order more from and I have never looked back on store brands since. That was without a doubt the heaviest duty medical diaper at the time. I used these and Abena for years. But I once was looking online for diapers and came across bambino's web page. I wanted nothing to do with baby print and still do not but I found and purchased a all white diaper that had the plastic landing strip and great tapes. I used them a few months before I learned of Total Dry x plus that was the same exact product in medical print still made today. These was my first diapers that had super tall leak guards and the plastic Landing strip I now love and require on all my diapers because it keeps the diaper tight and in place. The issue with premium diapers that do not have the landing strip is once they start to get full the loosen and sag and then they leak around the legs or waste. Then other companies took note and today and for at least 5 or 6 years I have been using mega max every day with no looking back. It is 1000% the best product on the Market and it is worth every damn red cent. I have and do once in a while try other brands but I am pretty faithful to Adam and his bunch at NorthShore as they take good care of me and my diapers are set to auto order and arrive the same day every month no questions asked.

• Love
Reactions: HappyCamper, Edgewater and michaelmc
I think people sometimes obsess too much over labels. If you are incontinent you have no choice but to embrace the diaper, it's your best friend!
By definition we are all DL's to a degree, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

Identifying as AB is not for everyone, but who doesn't love a onesie or a snuggle buddy at night? :unsure:

Just be you! (y):giggle:

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, CrossfireHurricane, michaelmc and 1 other person
ILuvDiapers said:
I think people sometimes obsess too much over labels. If you are incontinent you have no choice but to embrace the diaper, it's your best friend!
By definition we are all DL's to a degree, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

Identifying as AB is not for everyone, but who doesn't love a onesie or a snuggle buddy at night? :unsure:

Just be you! (y):giggle:
Right on. I would hate to have respiratory issues and need to be on a ventilator to live. But if I did have to have one... I would love that little Machine that kept me alive and living the best I could. Not only would I love it but I would want the best most dependable & mobile machine ever made. Trust me if any of you was IC 30 plus years ago you would love and appreciate the diapers we have today. Only thing I hate about My diapers is the damn cost. But once again I do not have a choice so no matter what the cost I am going to buy. Adam at NS has been very good to me and I support his products because they are the best and he does not cut corners trying to lower cost that ruins the diaper like so many other good diapers has had happen to them. Their customer service is next to nothing else in the market.

I can not hold my bodily fluids in me So I buy the very best so I can live the life I deserve! For me the Mega Max king and I have no intent on changing brands anytime soon.

If you cant stop piss from running down your leg with out some type of diaper on than you will appreciate and love the product that lets you live. That is a fact.

Try to take lieutenant Dans magic titanium legs. They are a part of who he is. My diaper is a part of me.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Yes, and no…

I’ve been IC my whole adult life due to medical reasons - I’m something of a DL because I keep a small stash of printed ABDL Diapers to hand. However it’s more of a coping mechanism than a sexual fetish. I’ve also felt a lot calmer when I’m thickly padded up, especially on bad days.

I’m not AB, but my girlfriend is kink-aware and she has noticed I do go into a kind of little space when I’m struggling. And when my chronic anxiety flares up I’ve found that talking out loud to myself in a calm, caring but firm tone - almost in the same way you’d parent a cranky toddler - helps a lot.

But again, it’s a coping mechanism. I guess I have a lot of ABDL tendencies but they’re caused by other factors.

Breathe Deep Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
Dinotopian2002 said:
Yes, and no…

I’ve been IC my whole adult life due to medical reasons - I’m something of a DL because I keep a small stash of printed ABDL Diapers to hand. However it’s more of a coping mechanism than a sexual fetish. I’ve also felt a lot calmer when I’m thickly padded up, especially on bad days.

I’m not AB, but my girlfriend is kink-aware and she has noticed I do go into a kind of little space when I’m struggling. And when my chronic anxiety flares up I’ve found that talking out loud to myself in a calm, caring but firm tone - almost in the same way you’d parent a cranky toddler - helps a lot.

But again, it’s a coping mechanism. I guess I have a lot of ABDL tendencies but they’re caused by other factors.

Breathe Deep Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002
For me i don't, and have never sexualised wearing a diaper. I jumped ship from medical grade to ABDL diapers, because they are a better product, capable of holding more pee by volume, and with massively improved leak guards. I like the prints personally, but for those who prefer a plain white, or subtle pastel shades, ABDL diapers provide those too.

For me AB is none kink related, the complete opposite. It's a therapeutic de stressing mechanism. The automatic assumption that being ABDL is kink related or purely for sexual gratification is a misguided assumption by many. (y) :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Omg-This is such an interesting thread. I always thought I was an odd duck for having positive or pleasure feelings about wearing diapers but also being urine incontinent. I can only imagine having bm accidents all the time ...and how stressful that is for your life :(. I do have Ibs and I often have poop accidents and I’m glad I wear diapers for that too!

I have been an off a bed wetter and had occasional pee problems since the very beginning, and when I was younger i had to wear diapers well past normal age. As time went on into being an adult, and moved out on my own...I still wore them now and again...as I got older I didnt really need them as much but sometimes I liked going to the bathroom in my diaper even if I could mostly hold it at that time. I feel sort of like guilty even admitting it. Maybe it was a way for me to escape my life....I had a series of abusive relationships and upbringing. It‘s not what I consider adult baby tendencies as I didnt pretend to be a baby but I liked that I could potty myself past normal age...and it was natural and cathartic to me. Maybe there is emotional regression there...not sure. In my 20s I not only peed the bed sometimes but I started having daily urge accidents and I was diagnosed with oab also. I now cannot make it to a toilet most of the time. I wish I didn’t have this...it’s scary, embarrassing and limiting...., but I’ve (mostly) accepted it and I sometimes (when I m alone or feeling down) call back to the feeling diapers gave me and sometimes I hate it and sometimes i love it....I sort of called myself “dL“ here who is also incontinent. The mix of emotions I get when I go in my diaper is still confusing sometimes. I’m grateful for diapers tho...they have allowed me more freedom than I thought was possible. How I feel about using my diaper depends on where I’m at...physically and emotionally....if that makes sense at all :( :( I love this site so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: greatlake5, Dinotopian2002, ILuvDiapers and 2 others
jessraven said:
Omg-This is such an interesting thread. I always thought I was an odd duck for having positive or pleasure feelings about wearing diapers but also being urine incontinent. I can only imagine having bm accidents all the time ...and how stressful that is for your life :(. I do have Ibs and I often have poop accidents and I’m glad I wear diapers for that too!

I have been an off a bed wetter and had occasional pee problems since the very beginning, and when I was younger i had to wear diapers well past normal age. As time went on into being an adult, and moved out on my own...I still wore them now and again...as I got older I didnt really need them as much but sometimes I liked going to the bathroom in my diaper even if I could mostly hold it at that time. I feel sort of like guilty even admitting it. Maybe it was a way for me to escape my life....I had a series of abusive relationships and upbringing. It‘s not what I consider adult baby tendencies as I didnt pretend to be a baby but I liked that I could potty myself past normal age...and it was natural and cathartic to me. Maybe there is emotional regression there...not sure. In my 20s I not only peed the bed sometimes but I started having daily urge accidents and I was diagnosed with oab also. I now cannot make it to a toilet most of the time. I wish I didn’t have this...it’s scary, embarrassing and limiting...., but I’ve (mostly) accepted it and I sometimes (when I m alone or feeling down) call back to the feeling diapers gave me and sometimes I hate it and sometimes i love it....I sort of called myself “dL“ here who is also incontinent. The mix of emotions I get when I go in my diaper is still confusing sometimes. I’m grateful for diapers tho...they have allowed me more freedom than I thought was possible. How I feel about using my diaper depends on where I’m at...physically and emotionally....if that makes sense at all :( :( I love this site so much.
As you may have read, the IC Forum here as part of ADISC has come to a point of (as provided by one of our members) "Being Okay With Wearing Diapers." Which allows us to accept the reality of our needing to wear whether that be 24/7 or only at night, or, etc... I have come to a point of seeing diapers as my way of protecting the World around me from becoming wet! My personal kindness to the others around me.

There is also a segment that wear diapers for emotion /physical protection from the World around them. And, that is Okay as well!

When one is 24/7, like me, it is critical that one expects this as the way life is and will be for the foreseeable future. Life is a wonderful thing and getting out and about is a very important part of enjoying it. Wearing diapers does not hinder it, but allows you that Freedom!!

Sometimes it helps to see your diaper as a close friend that is there to help when you need it!

Last edited:
Reactions: greatlake5
I suffered from IC from a fairly early age. I also have ABDL however that was there before the IC diagnosis. I will say I wasn’t shocked after learning exactly what ABDL is.

The two together can be overwhelming. If I lost my bowel control I don’t know how I would handle that. I read many ABDL’s like to mess their daipers. For me that would be a trigger.

Even after all these years of being both a I struggle at times. While it makes sense why I am ABDL. My IC is due to an overactive bladder that’s been an issue since a teen and just got worse. Then a surgery caused me to not being able to control my bladder.

I think many IC people have some ABDL tendencies or develop them. Some don’t I never judge although reading a few posts. I do shake my head at the extreme stuff but again to each their own

Reactions: Edgewater and ILuvDiapers
jessraven said:
I always thought I was an odd duck for having positive or pleasure feelings about wearing diapers but also being urine incontinent. I can only imagine having bm accidents all the time ...and how stressful that is for your life :(.

It‘s not what I consider adult baby tendencies as I didn't pretend to be a baby but I liked that I could potty myself past normal age...and it was natural
Am I an odd duck? Yeah, mainly because I'm IC which in the non-IC population makes me the odd duck. Do I have positive feelings about being IC?
Yes. Not because it's "fun" but because diapers give me the ability to live almost normally.

Fecal incontinence can be stressful...unless someone has accepted wearing a diaper 24/7. I've always been completely IC since I can ever remember. I've never had a time when I wasn't wearing a diaper. Having a dirty diaper doesn't make me a baby. And I don't think I consider adult baby tendencies ever happening for me

DL tendencies? Sort of, yeah. Wetting and pooping my diaper was normal for me since I've always been IC. I think it was natural to "enjoy" my diapers. Especially since I've always been diapered.
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I'm comfortable being IC. I've accepted myself long ago. There's nothing bad about exploring the ABDL world.
At some point most IC people look at ABDL, sometimes looking at other forums here at ADISC and sometimes questions are asked. I'm no different. And I admit that I enjoy exploring the ABDL world. It's interesting and fun. Whether it's natural or not.

Reactions: greatlake5 and Edgewater
Honestly being a bedwetter as a child, diapers also brought a sense of safety and security. Idk why but there was a sexual aspect for me as well for some reason? Bedwetting went away somewhere in my teens with some accidents here and there. I remember tying towels and pillow cases like a diaper, or trying some of my cousins. I became full U-IC last year this time. I’ve just hit my hit my year mark 24/7. At times it’s been tough to accept but also a sense of relief too. I have major back issues from service related back injury. There were signs though to the U-IC looking back. Always “dribbled” but it was a large very noticeable wet spot in everything from gym clothes, jeans, arc flash rated work pants. When I sat I’d cross my ankles to help holding my bladder, or stressing my sphincter, Aldo would wake up anywhere from 3-6 times a night. I couldn’t ever figure out a few years ago when I ordered diapers for the first time with unbelievable support and acceptance from my wife it would relax me in a way I’d wet. Wake up a year ago couldn’t get up one morning for work my back injury had worsened and my bladder also released on its own with me no longer able to control it even in the slightest. Anyway I’m drawn to more dl things but also enjoy the idea of ab a little because at least to me my brain registers it as a choice. One I did not have becoming U-IC. That choice means a lot. I generally only wear Megamax do to perfect fit for me, capacity, and colors. All colors besides pink basically although I have before. I’m also a sneaker head so match my diaper and trifecta cover to my clothes/outfit/shoes. For me it makes a world of difference. It helps my mindset, happier, easier to accept. That being said I like prints too, Crinklz mainly, some abu, especially like looking at them. I definitely relate more to DL not so much AB but I do enjoy looking at everything.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Rusher
Back