Do we really "need" diapers that can hold several liters?

From personal experience, Yes....I could flood one pretty quick, the volume of what's let go depends on the person yes but there Really are some cases where they really need it to be able to hold a lot just for one wetting.

I personally have found the high capacity diapers a life saver. I don't have a safe place to change my diaper at work so it's important to me that the diapers I wear to work can last at least 12hrs because I never know how long my day might be. I also have found that the high capacity diapers have made me feel so much safer when I am away from the house staying with someone. not having to change but at bed time and when I get up makes it so much easier for me. When I am at home, I will use cheap diapers because changing often isn't a big deal.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Jim100
Initially I would have said "no"; A 6 liter abdl diaper is ridiculous. However, recently, my nightwetting has increased in volume and these diapers are now a requirement for me. Something like a fabine megabooster works well - I never leak anymore and I can put one on a few hours before bed and not have to change it straight away in the morning. I wouldn't want to use it in the daytime as they become so bulky and uncomfortable but for nighttime they are perfect.

bobbyc please tell us more about that Fabine magabooster. I am not familiar with it.

--John
(double incontinent)

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Echoing the sentiments of Checkingoutall. I use the greatest capacity and best quality nappies for use at night, and they are vital when on holiday, staying with friends, in hotels etc. For me the higher cost is well worth the security and peace of mind they bring. Additionally I drink far more in the evenings when away from home, thus requiring a greater safety margin. I use boosters and two pairs of plastic pants to further reduce the chance of leaks. This practice has been successful for many years.

jdinvirginia said:
bobbyc please tell us more about that Fabine magabooster. I am not familiar with it.

--John
(double incontinent)
Hi John. I believe I spoke with you years ago, on a different forum, regarding travel around eastern asia. Fabine might be difficult to find in the US. Something comparable would be the dry 24/7 or whatever they are called now. Otherwise, there are plenty of online reviews out there for the Fabine. It's a German-made, high capacity, all-white diaper.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and jdinvirginia
jdinvirginia said:

--John
(double incontinent)
Im wearing a Fabine Mega Booster right now!! I am on #3 of my pack of 8 and so far out of the first 2 I hated the first and loved the second, this third is a tie-breaker. I got them from ABDL Factory and paid the stupid shipping fees!! I will stick with the North Shore MegaMax at this point for large quantity diapers!!

Reactions: Jonnythepony
dltyty said:
Im wearing a Fabine Mega Booster right now!! I am on #3 of my pack of 8 and so far out of the first 2 I hated the first and loved the second, this third is a tie-breaker. I got them from ABDL Factory and paid the stupid shipping fees!! I will stick with the North Shore MegaMax at this point for large quantity diapers!!

I can't argue with you there. Where I was in Europe they were the best option for my needs. They aren't bad but they are expensive and the tapes aren't great. If I was in the US I would have bought dry 24/7 which are probably better and cheaper as well.

Reactions: dltyty
bobbyc said:
I can't argue with you there. Where I was in Europe they were the best option for my needs. They aren't bad but they are expensive and the tapes aren't great. If I was in the US I would have bought dry 24/7 which are probably better and cheaper as well.
I am 6 hours into this Fabine, it's not the worst diaper ever for sure, but to be honest, it doesn't fill up the right way, not like a MegaMax or like you sad a Dry 24/7!! I don't think they will be a "wear to work" diaper for me anymore.

Though I don’t suffer from daytime issues, I often wear during the day either for fun or for reasons related to class. I find that having a diaper that can last 6hours minimum is a god send for me and my schedule. Yes it would be better to change immediately after you wet, but sometimes when wearing that’s not a possibility. My first class of the day is 4 hours long and then I work after that for another 3 hours. Due to the nature of my class and my job, it’s difficult for me to step away for the time it takes to change. When I wear it’s much easier to just put on and Abena or an ABU space and change after work in the few hours I have before class. As for night time issues, though they don’t happen often, I have found that the higher capacity diapers are a must. My preferred are Abena m4 or ABU preschool / barebum work excellent for me in the evenings.

nightfox320 said:
Though I don’t suffer from daytime issues, I often wear during the day either for fun or for reasons related to class. I find that having a diaper that can last 6hours minimum is a god send for me and my schedule. Yes it would be better to change immediately after you wet, but sometimes when wearing that’s not a possibility. My first class of the day is 4 hours long and then I work after that for another 3 hours. Due to the nature of my class and my job, it’s difficult for me to step away for the time it takes to change. When I wear it’s much easier to just put on and Abena or an ABU space and change after work in the few hours I have before class. As for night time issues, though they don’t happen often, I have found that the higher capacity diapers are a must. My preferred are Abena m4 or ABU preschool / barebum work excellent for me in the evenings.
You should try Betterdry or Crinklz then. They can easily last 12 hours with full wettings, no changes, and no leaks either- all while staying well hydrated AND avoiding bad smells or rashes. Just saying.

Reactions: CrinklingCajun and SoCalIncon
dltyty said:
I am 6 hours into this Fabine, it's not the worst diaper ever for sure, but to be honest, it doesn't fill up the right way, not like a MegaMax or like you sad a Dry 24/7!! I don't think they will be a "wear to work" diaper for me anymore.
Are you saying that the fabine doesn't wick very well? I guess I wouldn't notice as I wear them for bed and sleep mostly on my back but I wouldn't be surprised; it seems most abdl diapers are terrible at wicking. The worst are probably ABU.

Reactions: nightfox320
Slomo said:
You should try Betterdry or Crinklz then. They can easily last 12 hours with full wettings, no changes, and no leaks either- all while staying well hydrated AND avoiding bad smells or rashes. Just saying.
I agree Betterdry/Crinklz is fantastic and my current go-to. I prefer a higher capacity diaper for night time I can go to bed with the knowledge I don't have to rip the sheets off an do laundry in the morning.

Reactions: Jim100, TyphaHare and SoCalIncon
I do. I'm a completely incontinent, heavily built (in addition to, rather than as a euphemism for, being fat) male who has a caffeine addiction and was already a heavy wetter and messer. Without high-absorbency diapers, I'd be done for.

Reactions: Jim100
There is always going to be competition ...and a brand is always going to want to be top of the ladder.
PeekAbus are currently the most absorbent but there will always be challengers.

I wear cloth diapers because they're washable, comfortable, and economical. Disposables are expensive, noisy, and uncomfortable compared to cloth. I can change my diaper as often as I need not to the point that they leak. A disposable can hold a lot but why? we don't need diapers to hold an excessive amount of urine and wait for them to leak?

alwayz said:
I wear cloth diapers because they're washable, comfortable, and economical. Disposables are expensive, noisy, and uncomfortable compared to cloth. I can change my diaper as often as I need not to the point that they leak. A disposable can hold a lot but why? we don't need diapers to hold an excessive amount of urine and wait for them to leak?
That's why Ultra high capacity disposables exist. They hold so much so they don't leak. If you cannot change yourself, and only see your attendant, who changes you, at the start, and end of your day, without something with capacity that high, you will leak, especially since sitting in a wheelchair lessens absorbency because of compression.

All that absorbency doesn't necessarily exist to be used. Sometimes, it's there to keep the skin dry enough to prevent the skin from breaking down. I agree with you. Cloth feels better all around, but wheelchair users who use disposables aren't waiting for them to leak. They're probably waiting for their attendants to show up. I know someone who needs capacity like that, because all the state pays for is cheapos, and we're not made of laundry detergent to wash the clothes she leaks on more often than not. Her attendant comes in the morning, all week long, and at night, Monday through Friday.

Here's the thing about the ultra high capacity disposables. They can be cheaper, on a cost per day basis, than a cheaper disposable. Ultra high capacity disposables are less frustrating than good cloth, is a user, or their family caregivers, hate doing extra laundry.

I understand. Cloth is amazing, but there's a reason ultra high capacity disposables exist. Most people just don't live in a wheelchair using, attendant needing, reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim100 and Jonnythepony
I like the bulge and waddling from time to time of a premium diaper

Reactions: bounduptoplease
I am incontinent and when I go it s a large amount. Thus the Ulta absorbent diapers are very important to me because with what I do (I am a bus driver) since I have very limited opportunity to change, high capacity is very important to me. Yes they can be a bit less discrete but I would rather have someone think I may be wearing a diaper then have my diaper leak and have no doubt that I just wet myself and my diaper

Reactions: Jim100, Piefox and Jonnythepony
That's true, I understand. I worked in law enforcement and you cannot plan to change a diaper, but squeeze it in when you can

Back