Do real baby diapers, for real babies actually "crinkle?"

The plastic sound of the baby diapers was pretty much gone by the early 2000s since baby diapers around that time switched to a quieter cloth-backing.

I bought a package of luvs (size 2) for my plushie that I sleep with and while it isn't a loud crinkle, it is there (especially when I hug her really close)

Trevor said:
Attends with Waistband are a bad diaper but they're pretty crinkly.
If you want a more effective experience with attends waistband I recommend using them with

Tena Night Super pads, some slashes in the back of those and they fit nicely as a stuffer in these.

Personally speaking I remember when I was a toddler back in the day as in the 80's and yes I remember them crinkling every time I was moved or was picked up by mom or my nanny.

Also moving was noisy because when I crawled there was literally no way of hiding that distinct crinkle.

And in a way it uesd to turn me on however nower-days I do alot of things to hide that un-wanted noise when wearing plastic backed adult sized disposable diapers.

Modern ones dont crinkle so loudly although they tend to leak more which is annoying this is why I prefer to wear plastic backed ones

As you may have guessed I never really grew out of wanting to be in diapers/nappies as they were and still are a link between my past and present.

Hopefully this will help awnser your questions

The pull ups my little son uses do have crinkle, not as loud as older plastic diapers but crinkle none the less. I get ABDL diapers if I want crinkle...The Bambino Biancos have a good classic crinkle to them. I love loud diapers. It adds so much to tell myself Im in a thick diaper.

rennecfox said:
If you were in them from the 70s to mid 90s then yes they were very crinkly
You can hear them a mile away

• Love
Reactions: BabylinoAddict
Yes, from what I have seen the Pampers size 2 through 6 definitely crinkle, but not nearly as much as the Pampers that I wore back in the late 1970s and into the 1980s.

I do notice the crinkle more when wearing plastic backed disposable diapers Vs cloth backed ones, however abena m3's do still crinkle a little bit as I have found out.

I do remember when I was a child in thfrom the ages of 12-18 months or 1~2 onwards in the 1980's when I wore pampers baby dry diapers/nappies, and they did crinkle every time I moved and to be honourest in my opinion it was more soothing than embarrassing.

Also I loved the comfort of the older pampers as they where super cushiony and absorbant if only someone would make a adult version of these, I would pay serious money to buy them.

Anyway those are my thoughts on this subject.

Last edited:
Anything from the 70's about 1999 were crinkly. Then every company had switched to nearly quiet cloth covers. Even ABDL plastic diapers that exist today are not as noisy as the ones available back then.

From what I remember the very last plastic backed baby nappies where phased out in the UK around 2010, but the switch to cloth like had already started by the mid 90s, I would have been in plastic backed disposables until 1994, then pampers trainers, the precursor to easy ups, possibly into 1995.
My sibling was born the year after, she wore a mix of cloth and plastic backed nappies until the summer of 1998.
By then I think it pampers and Huggies where all cloth like, only the cheaper nappies where still plastic backed.
Adult nappies had started switching to cloth like by the time I started buying online, around 2012.

Ive seen some YT videos of some doing asmr videos of vintage plastic diapers and the crinkle is amazing! I also came across some unboxing some vintage PAmpers....Wow were they crinkly! I have a few vintage Attends and they are crinkly like those vintage diapers were. Wow do I love taping one of those on! There are many modern ABDL diapers that are very crinkly. I find those Rearz Princess ones to be unbelievably crinkly . So they are crazy crinkly and ultra cute...another diaper I looooove fastening on!

• Love
When i was still in baby diapers in the 90s the diapers were very crinkly , from what i can remember it was very loud and when i look at photos of me back then the diaper bulge were very obvious as well . Diapers back then were thick and loud , its quite impossible to hide that i am wearing a diaper under my normal clothes

They did, noticeably so.

If you watch early episodes of Rugrats from the 90s, they simulated the crinkle when someone moved.

That was like ear-candy to me!

Reactions: AJFan2020
Dan09 said:
Oddly enough, I've noticed (in the past, not sure if they do now...??) that Goodnites used to be quite crinkly/audible...despite all their talk about them being super *discreet*. Even under PJ pants, it used to be fairly noticeable in a quiet room if someone had a Goodnite on under their pants.
I've often wondered about the early GoodNites and Pull-Ups. From the pictures I've seen, they were cloth-backed from the start, to make them underwear-like, but...I guess they still had a thick crinkly plastic layer underneath, instead of the thinner, quieter layer of plastic under the cloth on today's diapers? If anyone has any insight there, I'd appreciate it.

When I was a child back in the 80's I used to wear disposable diapers/nappies alot as I wore them from the time of my birth until I was almost 10.

As per my earlier replies and I do destinctly remember them crinkling every time I moved and to be quiet honourest I enjoyed hearing it as it soothed me but that was also to do with the fact that I was comfortable wearing them.

I think modern disposable diapers/nappies don't crinkle souch because they are mostly cloth backed, although they do have a slight crinkle because of the underlying plastic layer as other people have pointed out.

However since I don't have children of my own, or have been around them much ai can't honourestly say much about modern baby/child sized diapers.

however I speaking of experiencing something similar, I did get to try some ABU Simple Ultra's during lockdown back in 2020 and they reminded me of the ones from my childhood years not least just because they crinkled being plastic backed ones but also because they looked the part and that put me into toddler like bliss,

like I didn't have a care in the world and it was like heaven although this was while I wore them at night

Plus the fact that they where so amazingly comfortable and absorbant I would try them again ifI got the chance in the future, should I ever become fully dependent on them which I most probably will do because of my disabilities.

Although that's a subject that I have already covered so I won't repeat myself.

I hope this helps awnser your questions.

Last edited:
Back