Do littles grow up?

Prillprillprill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I recently told someone about my AB/ little side and one of the questions they asked was 'can/will your little grow up?'
My first instinct was to say no but then I thought I don't know for sure that won't happen. Looking back now when I first started having little time I did different activities.

I used to just wear nappies and drink from a bottle, I used to be non-verbal and now my little does talk, at first a few words but then once we had a CG a few words became short sentences. I also sometimes wear pull-ups now whereas before I only wore nappies. I also occasionally do activities of a slightly older child like play dress up. I'm not exactly a set age and this transition has taken years, more time in fact that I takes a real child to grow up. But I never thought of this as my little growing up before and have never considered this question.

thoughts?

• Thinking
Reactions: Belarin and Diaperboy27
I think like most interests, AB evolves. I'm pretty sure mine varies from 3-5. Always in diapers or training pants. Unless I am adulting

Reactions: Belarin and ajp22
It makes sense for things to develop over time.

The beauty of being little is that the change doesn't have to be in only one direction, we can grow up and down as our situation changes.

Growing up opens up more options so it stands to reason that we might drift in that direction but unlike the tragedy of growing up the first time around it needn't be irreversible.

Reactions: KittyninjaW and ajp22
for me in some aspects I do, in others I might be more little then one year ago

Reactions: KittyninjaW
I will and have tbh I’m 25 months rn so I kinda get to enjoy all perks of baby/toddlerhood but I do plan on slowly growing up (potty training and pre-k hood in the decades to come) 😊 its all preference though everyone is different

I think as time passes and you gain more experience or new interests both in and out of ABDL that you Little space will evolve and adapt the same way everything else about you does.

You could consider this as growing up or simply see it as a change in interests.

I'll leave you with a fun quote I have always tried to live by...

"growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional"

Reactions: Prillprillprill, Anemone and KittyninjaW
My little side is 3 years old, and I intend to stay that way for the time being. Princess Rachel Ann started as a baby boy before being a little girl who hates using the potty. Though I do like the idea of Little Rachel going to Preschool/Kindergarten and going scouting, I think she is fine where she is at the moment.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
I don't know if I will ever grow up. I hate being an adult sometimes. It has to much stress at times, but there are things I like doing as an adult. As for now, I am just going to stay at 18 months to 4 years old.

Reactions: Prillprillprill and KittyninjaW
He’s a part of me as I am a part of him. He’s there when I need , or just want, him to be but he doesn’t run the show. So I don’t think he really can grow up because then he would be me not him, but he does change ages, depending on what I need him to be at the time.

Being a "little" is not the same as being little, like a 3 year old so the question isn't really relevant. A more accurate question would be, do you think you'll eventually stop wanting to wear diapers along with feelings of being little, etc. For most of us, that never happens.

dogboy said:
Being a "little" is not the same as being little, like a 3 year old so the question isn't really relevant. A more accurate question would be, do you think you'll eventually stop wanting to wear diapers along with feelings of being little, etc. For most of us, that never happens.
Isn't relevant to what? In what way is it inaccurate?

Prillprillprill has described a progression over time analogous to growing up over time and queried if others have similar experiences or pertinent thoughts.

Unless I'm missing something here your response comes across as dismissive without really offering anything in exchange. I've seen enough of your posts that I don't think this is your intention but I struggle to see what else it might be?

I'm about 18 months in little mode, that's what I've always been at. I can see some littles growing as we explore ourselves. Or as it's been stated we can be a range of ages depending on how we feel. There are no rules, we can just be who we are.

Reactions: KittyninjaW
My little age is somewhere between 4 and 9; I'm not really into in the baby stage. I love feeling the "childish curiosity" about the world, when even mundane things (cars, trains) feel magical. Also feeling that the adults around me are all-knowing and all-powerful; as you get older, you learn this is not true. When I'm "little" now, I don't want to grow up. I love to imagine things in stories are true, but mostly with myself in them. For example, in Hansel and Gretel, I imagine myself as Hansel, locked up in a cage by the witch.

I think this is because I remember my real childhood very vividly, and mostly fondly, but I became "adult" too quickly: I really wanted to grow up and be independent. I used to hate hearing the phrase "you're too young" or "you can do that when you get older". I loved being the oldest sibling. I also didn't believe in Santa, or that any fairy tales were true, and even at a young age, I noticed how "formulaic" they are. I remember sighing when I read Beauty and the Beast, and what happens to the Beast at the end, as the same happens in so many other stories. It wasn't until I was older that I actually started to enjoy imagining things; so my little time now is being carefree in a way I think I wasn't as a child.

I see my adult life as "curiosities" waiting to be satisfied: I'm into them for a few years, then I do something else: jobs I've done, regular activities I've taken part in. Usually I don't feel nostalgic for them when they're over: I feel I have satisfied my curiosity. However, my little desires are more static, and I expect I will always want the same things: wearing shoes without socks, having my bottom smacked, being blindfolded by my caregiver.

As dogboy said we are basically adults. However, our little age can vary and go either up or down (or stay the same) over time. Going up lets us be more independent and do more things, but usually that is not why we went little in the first place. Going down can happen when we find we are enjoying the young end of our little experience and try it a little younger and find we are enjoying it more.

Whatever age we are at any time is the age we need to be at that time. Be it adult (yuch) or some level of little.

Reactions: Prillprillprill and KittyninjaW
I feel this all really depends on different trigger points! When I first began being little, I would be silent, and would be tiny. Sometimes depending on situations I will be wanting to just be giggly, and play more like a preschooler. It really depends (for me) on the location that I am in. I may be more fun one day, but ussually when I am sadder, I tend to regress a LOT further back. (A comfort mechanism)

My little age hasn't changed since I became a little long ago. However, my age is somewhat fluid, and I take things from different age groups so it's not like I can say I am 2 or 3 or 4 but somewhere between two and four.

Back