Disposing diapers with a vanilla roommate

edenbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Hey there !

I don't really post often here, I mostly lurk, so I'm sorry if my post isn't appropriate or anything.

I'm getting quite anxious and stressed today, I moved to a new place a few months ago and I live with one roommate. I'm wearing diapers 24/7, and I'm not ready to tell my roommate about it very clearly. It was alright at first, I was throwing my diapers in a bag with my other stuff I had to throw, but recently it appears that we're not having enough room in our bin to fit our general waste + my diapers... My roommate asked me what I had in my bin and why I had to throw it so often, why it was so heavy, to which I replied that it's just that I had many things to throw. I think I need to find another way to throw my nappies but I don't know what I could do. Do y'all have any idea what I could do? Is throwing in a public bin a good solution in that case? Of course, sealed in a plastic bag and everything. But I was wondering if that would be a good solution... I can't really stop wearing them to fix the issue sadly.

Thank you for reading, and I hope y'all are safe, and have a wonderful weekend!

Hey @LittleRedPanda 👋🏼
I’ve been wearing 24/7 for the last week or so and have found a similar problem happening as well! If you have a garden you could get a large black trashbag to put them all in outside and then visit the local garbage dump every now and then to offload them from most of the household waste?

Avi8tor said:
Hey @LittleRedPanda 👋🏼
I’ve been wearing 24/7 for the last week or so and have found a similar problem happening as well! If you have a garden you could get a large black trashbag to put them all in outside and then visit the local garbage dump every now and then to offload them from most of the household waste?
I don't mind keeping them in my room, I have a bathroom all for myself and I generally keep my bag here, I just never really used a local, public garbage dump and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to do stuff like that... >< Much anxiety. Thanks for your reply! <3

Reactions: Avi8tor
LittleRedPanda said:
I don't mind keeping them in my room, I have a bathroom all for myself and I generally keep my bag here, I just never really used a local, public garbage dump and I'm not sure if I'm even allowed to do stuff like that... >< Much anxiety. Thanks for your reply! <3
Check your local government website on Recycling and Waste and there will be plenty of information on what services are available. Most areas should allow you to dump any excess waste you may have :)

LittleRedPanda said:
Hey there !

I don't really post often here, I mostly lurk, so I'm sorry if my post isn't appropriate or anything.

I'm getting quite anxious and stressed today, I moved to a new place a few months ago and I live with one roommate. I'm wearing diapers 24/7, and I'm not ready to tell my roommate about it very clearly. It was alright at first, I was throwing my diapers in a bag with my other stuff I had to throw, but recently it appears that we're not having enough room in our bin to fit our general waste + my diapers... My roommate asked me what I had in my bin and why I had to throw it so often, why it was so heavy, to which I replied that it's just that I had many things to throw. I think I need to find another way to throw my nappies but I don't know what I could do. Do y'all have any idea what I could do? Is throwing in a public bin a good solution in that case? Of course, sealed in a plastic bag and everything. But I was wondering if that would be a good solution... I can't really stop wearing them to fix the issue sadly.

well maybe try practice telling and make up some excuse like your IC or something and you need diapers for medical reasons or hint at it subtilty in a way you feel best and comfortable with untill your're ready to tell them

You could drop off some at gas stations garbage cans while you fill up. Walmart’s often have garbage cans near the cart returns. Just don’t litter. That could reduce the volume of your garbage bin.

Are you able to find a public garbage bin somewhere? Out front of a McDonald's or Starbucks or some other publically accessable garbage container?

Perhaps putting them in a bag in a backpack, then going for a walk to the local shops or coffee shop and simply pulling it out of your backpack and disposing of it before going in for a latte?? 😁

Hopefully you've got some options for easy / discrete disposal.

Keep a trash can with a tight lid in your room and be the only one to throw it. Don't let it sit around long enough to get smelly.

how about just telling him? he will find out sooner or later.. just get it over with it’s the easiest way trust me... i need diapers but also don’t want everyone to know but i noticed if they find out on their own it’s weirder. - just my experience.

Then you can offer to get a bigger bin for your house or whatever (i assume house since u have ur own bin) and just pay the difference or a second one and pay for it.

It’s so much nicer than having to worry about where to throw a nappy away and if someone could notice.. even with anxiety.

Reactions: Peesalot
charliewilson said:
how about just telling him? he will find out sooner or later.. just get it over with it’s the easiest way trust me... i need diapers but also don’t want everyone to know but i noticed if they find out on their own it’s weirder. - just my experience.

Then you can offer to get a bigger bin for your house or whatever (i assume house since u have ur own bin) and just pay the difference or a second one and pay for it.

It’s so much nicer than having to worry about where to throw a nappy away and if someone could notice.. even with anxiety.
i agree. i remember when my cousin found out i was 7 and he was staying for a week, yeah he caught me knees bent filling my diaper in the middle of the hallway he smelt it so yeah no luck hiding it
LittleRedPanda said:
Hey there !

my advice just tell him he probably noticed by now but hasn't said anything

Thank you everyone ! I'm gonna try to see if I can manage to feel less anxious if I use a local garbage bin in order to help with those issues. Telling him would probably help with my stress, but wouldn't help in general with the fact I'm struggling with the size of our bin being too small. I do agree that it would help though, so thank you ^-^

LittleRedPanda said:
Thank you everyone ! I'm gonna try to see if I can manage to feel less anxious if I use a local garbage bin in order to help with those issues. Telling him would probably help with my stress, but wouldn't help in general with the fact I'm struggling with the size of our bin being too small. I do agree that it would help though, so thank you ^-^
Hi LittleRedPanda. You be as discreet as you need right now. If not telling your roommate is in the cards right now, just come up with a rock solid contingency plan to get them out of your place.
I use biodegradable dog poop bags (available at any pet store). ......even though you might be walking a dog, nobody is going to question you disposal of "full looking" dog poop bags into a public garbage can.
...just an idea ....

I
PullUpsBoy8 said:
Are you able to find a public garbage bin somewhere? Out front of a McDonald's or Starbucks or some other publically accessable garbage container?

Perhaps putting them in a bag in a backpack, then going for a walk to the local shops or coffee shop and simply pulling it out of your backpack and disposing of it before going in for a latte?? 😁

Hopefully you've got some options for easy / discrete disposal.
I like this idea. That's what i would do if i were little red panda

Just tell him you were 24/7 for a need (Emotional needs are just as valid as IC) and that you dont like to talk about it. Ever since I told my friends and family I need to wear 24/7 diapered life has become a lot easier to deal with as theres no need to hide the fact im diapered.

Chances are he may have already figured it out any ways, there is no shame in needing diapers even the printed ones I wear for fun for a break from plain white diapers

Reactions: charliewilson
Back