Discreet Disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy56785678

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hey there, long time lurker here. This site has been such a relief to have so thought I’d throw in a dilemma and ask if anyone has any suggestions…

Long story short, I live in my own apartment in a big city in a small apartment building with about six units. The trash is out on the street in front of the building, and the superintendent routinely goes through the trash, bag by bag, to make sure there is no recycling in the regular trash and vice versa.

Because of this I’ve been (maybe way too paranoid lol) afraid to use diapers because the thought of them knowing someone in the building uses, for one reason or another sort of terrifies me. I’m at a loss for other ways to discreetly throw them out and haven’t used for almost two years because of this fear.

I know this is perhaps an overreaction, but I’m sure some of you can relate. If anyone has any suggestions or alternative disposal methods that work for them I’d really appreciate hearing them.

Thanks so much for any help, and thank you for all building such a great and supportive community on here. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater and GatoChihuahua
So this is creepy AF! Who goes through everyone’s Grabage to sort recycling? Your Supernintendo is a whole can of worms that you didn’t come here to unpack.
I’d recommend getting some small black garbage bags. Maybe you can dump one here or there in the work dumpster? Or another public garbage? This certainly doesn’t help you with larger quantities but for just a few, should work.
Then again, the @$$hole in me says you should start throwing messy ones in there gif to find. Because like I said; he’s creepy and I’m an @$$hole.

Reactions: Edgewater, GatoChihuahua, LePew and 1 other person
thatguy56785678 said:
Hey there, long time lurker here. This site has been such a relief to have so thought I’d throw in a dilemma and ask if anyone has any suggestions…

Long story short, I live in my own apartment in a big city in a small apartment building with about six units. The trash is out on the street in front of the building, and the superintendent routinely goes through the trash, bag by bag, to make sure there is no recycling in the regular trash and vice versa.

Because of this I’ve been (maybe way too paranoid lol) afraid to use diapers because the thought of them knowing someone in the building uses, for one reason or another sort of terrifies me. I’m at a loss for other ways to discreetly throw them out and haven’t used for almost two years because of this fear.

I know this is perhaps an overreaction, but I’m sure some of you can relate. If anyone has any suggestions or alternative disposal methods that work for them I’d really appreciate hearing them.

Thanks so much for any help, and thank you for all building such a great and supportive community on here. :)
As long as you don’t put anything in the rubbish bag name and address on, surly they won’t know which apartment the rubbish has comes from, or could you use two bags, one with general rubbish and one used stash 👍🏻

Reactions: Edgewater and thatguy56785678
Can't you just bag them and throw them in a public bin?

I too do not want to put mine in the trash closest to my house, which is an open disposal. About another 2 minutes away is an enclosed underground disposal (pic) so I prefer to put mine there.

If it's only wet, it doesn't stink up it's surroundings. Just make sure it isn't recognizable through the bag, and carry it to the preferred disposal.

If it also messy, then odor needs to be addressed. Sprinkle the diaper liberally with baking soda, then roll up well. Triple bag, with baking soda in each bag.

Because of the disposal complications, I usually prefer to get really messy in the very early morning, so that I can have it all cleaned up by 6am. With a lot of baking soda, and a few bags, I can also keep a messy diaper in the house.

Reactions: Edgewater
Wow, maybe it is time to move?

Or put on your big boy pants and tell him you have noticed that he goes through the trash pretty meticulously and that you just wanted him to know that you have been developing a complicated issue and that there may be messy adult diapers in your garbage and you didn't want him to be surprized.

Or just bundle them up and put them each in a plastic bag rolled up and just throw them out. If you are worried about him being that much of a bully perv then maybe it really is time to move.

Before we unfairly characterize the super, he or she may be operating in a place like New York City where you can be fined if you improperly dispose of your garbage.
i would just take my diaper wrapped up with me when I go out and dispose of it in a public garbage pail.
I used to do this when I stayed in hotels, taking my diaper with me as I left my room and disposed if it when I found a garbage pail off premises out of site of cameras.

Reactions: Edgewater, GatoChihuahua and thatguy56785678
I have found that the plastic grocery sack is the perfect size for 1-2 used diapers, and if you either double bag or get the gray ones from walmart, they are fairly discrete when you tie the top off.

I was needing to dispose of discretely due to friendly neighborhood bears who, like your super, are nosy about the trash. Didn't really want the neighbors finding a bunch of shredded diaper fluff on the street next to my can.

A lot of grocery stores and most Walmarts have trash cans in the parking lot. Gas stations usually have them by the pumps. This 1-2 bag size fits pretty easily in each.

Not sure what to do in a big city where you walk everywhere. If there are city provided trash cans along your walk, it's easy.

As an IC man, disposal discreetness is always a concern. Now that wife and I are in an apartment, I only have to discreetly walk down the hallway to the garbage chute and "diaper be gone!" What a relief that simple thing is (no more smelly outdoor trash cans). The only thing I need to do is to combine my diaper trash with some other trash, so as to not give the "walk of shame" away should I meet a neighbour in the hall.

Reactions: Edgewater and GatoChihuahua
If you bag it up separately he'll have no way of knowing whose it is and if he's grossed out or scandalized, that's his problem, not yours.

oldpppants said:
If you bag it up separately he'll have no way of knowing whose it is and if he's grossed out or scandalized, that's his problem, not yours.
Agreed, but some of our new neighbours are quite nosey. It maybe his problem but I'd rather it not be a problem at all.

Far too much concern regarding diaper disposal. As long as you are (with care) wrapping it on itself and placing in within a trash bag, it should be clear what it is to whom every is searching the trash for whatever reason. Anyone that has to search the trash to avoid a fee (Big City Oversight) has run into their share of baby diapers and adult diapers.

I live in a rural area with garbage bins you wheel out to the curb, so I have my own garbage bin. I used to be overly worried about disposal. I was thinking maybe someone would find them in the garbage and somehow know they were mine. Now I know I was just being silly. I'm pretty sure our garbage just gets crushed and put in a landfill. I doubt there are people going to the dump and picking through my garbage. I just dispose of them by bagging them with the bathroom garbage, then putting that smaller bag into the bigger kitchen bag to double bag it. Then I just toss it in the bin and forget about it.

I don't mess often but when I do I just remove as much as possible and flush it, then sprinkle cat litter deodorizer over the diaper and tape it up. Then I double bag it and put the deodorizer in each bag. This way my garbage bin won't smell like dirty diapers. The stuff I buy is Arm & Hammer, basically just extra strength scented baking soda. You can get it in regular litter deodorizer and double duty, the latter is designed for both feces and urine odors and works well.

In the end, we worry about what people will think but most of them won't give you a second thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back