Disabled toilets

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you use disabled toilets to change you nappies. This is the one in Nottingham, these are quite common in U.K. cities.

Attachments

• 2016_Featured_Changing.jpg
    2016_Featured_Changing.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
It's a big rarity to even have disabled toilets here in the US. At least like that one. Heck, it's hard enough to find a standard family restroom in some areas.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
I am in the UK, and I use them whenever I can. I even have a RADAR key so I can use the ones that are part of that scheme. I've never seen one that big outside of a hospital though.

Most of my trips are under an hour from home so I don't have to change outside. On a longer excursion, I wear pull-ups and use the urinal. Some places have family rooms but I have to figure out how to carry the spare diaper.

Seasonedcitizen said:
Most of my trips are under an hour from home so I don't have to change outside. On a longer excursion, I wear pull-ups and use the urinal. Some places have family rooms but I have to figure out how to carry the spare diaper.

You take a handbag that rules the problem :)

Seasonedcitizen said:
trysexiea said:
You take a handbag that rules the problem :)

Take a large manila envelope and put the diaper in there -
A small box can be used to carry a spare diaper -
Have a brief case put the diaper in there -
Have a handbag as previously mentioned put the diaper in there -
A jacket or pants with a large cargo pocket put the diaper in there -
Unless running around stark naked (diaper cover excepted) there is a way to carry a spare diaper

When I first glanced at the title of this thread - I thought someone was bemoaning the use of a handicap facility
by one of our diapered community.
Diapered folks are handicapped but not in the direct sense that one usually expects.

Another method of transport roll the diaper up in a newspaper - so you are carrying the Sunday edition around aye !

As mentioned they're rare to find in the form that the UK has here in the US. Some of the major airports do have them (Orlando and BWI do I know). Other than that you may find something useful in the "family" toilet if nothing more than a bit more space to move around.

I would always feel a bit guilty about using one as someone might really need it... I can change my nappy in a regular cubicle, not that I often need to while out.

I try not to dawdle. I've never come across a disabled person I've interfered with. In the family bathrooms, it's not uncommon to pump into a mom and a bunch of kids, but the few malls I make use of this have multiple together so even that's not a problem.

When I was just an AB/DL (i.e., when I joined ADISC), I tried to avoid changing in disabled bathrooms.

However, I am now IC. I use disabled bathrooms because I have a disability and because I need a little more space to deal with, for example, messy diapers, and because I need to be sure I will have access to certain kinds of disposal bins that only show up in disabled bathrooms.

Back