littledreamers333

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
well just placed an order of 2 samples of abu DinoRawrz to try out and see how they are might try tint tails nest week

Reactions: Cottontail and ItsyBitsyBabySara
littledreamers333 said:
well just placed an order of 2 samples of abu DinoRawrz to try out and see how they are might try tint tails nest week
If you’ve tried BunnyHopps, you’ve tried DinoRawrz. Same diaper, different print. (They came out simultaneously.) I like ‘em, but the bunnies suit me better.

Reactions: Belarin, BBBen, BlueFazeButDL and 2 others
Cottontail said:
If you’ve tried BunnyHopps, you’ve tried DinoRawrz. Same diaper, different print. (They came out simultaneously.) I like ‘em, but the bunnies suit me better.
I have yet to try diapers from abu. They feel pretty comfortable and keep you dry? Do they swell a ton?

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
I have yet to try diapers from abu. They feel pretty comfortable and keep you dry? Do they swell a ton?
Yeah. Generally speaking, ABDL diapers perform extremely well. They’re an “enthusiast” product. I like ABU’s stuff, but I also live near one of their locations (Everett), so there’s some geographical bias. I like to go there and shop in person.

If you enjoy (or don’t mind) diapers with cute/baby prints, I expect you’ll find the performance of the newer ABU, Tykables, and Rearz products miles ahead of most medical diapers. There are, of course, some great medical offerings as well, like NorthShore’s diapers.

The main downer with most/all ABDL diapers is the cost. Being a niche thing, they’re just really expensive. You’re paying a lot for “cute.”

Last edited:
Reactions: PTSDSurvivor413
you have to get the diapers on a great sale and buy cases of them. But other then the price I’ve not have many problems. Love bunny hops.

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Abu make great diapers, very comfy, soft and good capacity, I love the little Kings purely for the design over their other offerings and they do swell quite a but and also hold their shape well without clumping.

Reactions: Cottontail, PTSDSurvivor413 and littledreamers333
Belarin said:
Abu make great diapers, very comfy, soft and good capacity, I love the little Kings purely for the design over their other offerings and they do swell quite a but and also hold their shape well without clumping.
Thank you so much for the info! I like the wetness indicator line as I have a very hard time knowing when I’m wet. I’m attempting to look for something less swelling but I don’t mind the bulk. Does that makes sense? Other thinner diapers I tried in the past clump or they are really hard when I go to sit down which stinks

Reactions: Belarin, Cottontail and PadPhilosopher
Cottontail said:
Yeah. Generally speaking, ABDL diapers perform extremely well. They’re an “enthusiast” product. I like ABU’s stuff, but I also live near one of their locations (Everett), so there’s some geographical bias. I like to go there and shop in person.

If you enjoy (or don’t mind) diapers with cute/baby prints, I expect you’ll find the performance of the newer ABU, Tykables, and Rearz products miles ahead of most medical diapers. There are, of course, some great medical offerings as well, like NorthShore’s diapers.

The main downer with most/all ABDL diapers is the cost. Being a niche thing, they’re just really expensive. You’re paying a lot for “cute.”
Is there much difference between the patterns with ABU and their feel/fit? Or is just having patterns to select from?

Reactions: Cottontail
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Is there much difference between the patterns with ABU and their feel/fit? Or is just having patterns to select from?
The fit and feel do vary quite a bit with ABU's offerings, though some of their diapers were introduced in pairs, or based on previously-released products, so they're extremely similar in terms of fit/feel/function. Examples would be DinoRawrZ and BunnyHopps, LittleKings and AlphaGatorZ, PeekABUs and Simple Ultras, ...

You mention above that you're not looking for something that swells a lot. ABDL diapers in general are pretty high on SAP, the super-absorbent material that gels when wet, and this is the source of most of the swelling. It's also largely responsible for a diaper's capacity, which is to say that if you're looking for a diaper that holds a lot, you'll have to put up with swelling, especially in the crotch area. Disposable diapers do wick/spread wetness to an extent, but it's a rather slow and imperfect process, and often the front and back of a diaper go underutilized while the crotch gets saturated. Really, I think you'll just have to sample a range of products and look for the balance of cost, comfort, convenience, and discreetness that best fits your particular needs. Science!

I'm one of those who mainly wears reusables cloth diapers, but then I work from home and don't mind a little extra laundry. I'm also not in diapers 24/7. Cloth diapers might be worth your consideration, if not for full-time use, then for situations where their capacity/discreetness trade-off and the need to wash them aren't a big deal to you. Cloth diapers don't swell much at all, but high capacity requires bulk, and in situations where concealing your diaper is a primary concern, that's obviously an issue.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Belarin
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Thank you so much for the info! I like the wetness indicator line as I have a very hard time knowing when I’m wet. I’m attempting to look for something less swelling but I don’t mind the bulk. Does that makes sense? Other thinner diapers I tried in the past clump or they are really hard when I go to sit down which stinks
I'm afraid I can't really help much there if you are looking for diapers that don't swell too much as that is one of the primary things I like in a diaper, getting nice and big when wet.

My best advice would be look into medical style diapers, things like Tena, Molicare, Abena, Lille etc. they will sacrifice overall capacity since AB diapers are designed to hold as much as possible for as long as possible and get as big as possible because that seems to be what most ABDL's want. the more medical style ones as @Cottontail said will have less SAP in them and therefore less in them to swell.

I do agree 100% with cottontail though on the cloth suggestion, if you don't mind a bit of bulk but don't want swelling and bulges then cloth could be the way to go. You will of course need the privacy and space to wash and dry them (unless you don't care about people seeing them) and there is a learning curve to it but once you get into the swing of things it's pretty easy and not as unpleasant as most people think. It's a whole lot cheaper in the long run too (by potentially 1,000's per year if you are 24/7).

They can be quite bulky (or fairly slim if you don't need high capacity) but they don't really change in size when wet. I'd almost go as far as to say they do the reverse and feel smaller when wet, which I know can't be possible since you have added all that fluid into them, but when fresh and dry there can be a lot of air inside and all the fibres are puffed up/fluffy and when wet the fibres cling to each other and the air (and gaps between layers) feels lesser.

If having a super high capacity is not important to you but discretion, ease of use and comfort are then I can highly recommend the Threaded Armour briefs for daytime wear. With the right number of pads they can hold a fair bit (though I would consider getting some cotton or bamboo pads to use with them as well as the microfibre ones they sell.) and are quite comfy, easy to change pads and the pads themselves are fairly small and easy to wash and dry, most importantly they are very discreet compared with many other cloth diapers available out there.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PTSDSurvivor413 and Cottontail
Belarin said:
I'm afraid I can't really help much there if you are looking for diapers that don't swell too much as that is one of the primary things I like in a diaper, getting nice and big when wet.

My best advice would be look into medical style diapers, things like Tena, Molicare, Abena, Lille etc. they will sacrifice overall capacity since AB diapers are designed to hold as much as possible for as long as possible and get as big as possible because that seems to be what most ABDL's want. the more medical style ones as @Cottontail said will have less SAP in them and therefore less in them to swell.

I do agree 100% with cottontail though on the cloth suggestion, if you don't mind a bit of bulk but don't want swelling and bulges then cloth could be the way to go. You will of course need the privacy and space to wash and dry them (unless you don't care about people seeing them) and there is a learning curve to it but once you get into the swing of things it's pretty easy and not as unpleasant as most people think. It's a whole lot cheaper in the long run too (by potentially 1,000's per year if you are 24/7).

They can be quite bulky (or fairly slim if you don't need high capacity) but they don't really change in size when wet. I'd almost go as far as to say they do the reverse and feel smaller when wet, which I know can't be possible since you have added all that fluid into them, but when fresh and dry there can be a lot of air inside and all the fibres are puffed up/fluffy and when wet the fibres cling to each other and the air (and gaps between layers) feels lesser.

If having a super high capacity is not important to you but discretion, ease of use and comfort are then I can highly recommend the Threaded Armour briefs for daytime wear. With the right number of pads they can hold a fair bit (though I would consider getting some cotton or bamboo pads to use with them as well as the microfibre ones they sell.) and are quite comfy, easy to change pads and the pads themselves are fairly small and easy to wash and dry, most importantly they are very discreet compared with many other cloth diapers available out there.
Thanks for the info! I know today I was thankful with the tykable diaper I had on. Didn’t have anywhere to change for 6 hours. I’m sure any other medics diaper would not have lasted

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Thanks for the info! I know today I was thankful with the tykable diaper I had on. Didn’t have anywhere to change for 6 hours. I’m sure any other medics diaper would not have lasted
Not necessarily. My Tranquility ATN with a topliner contour booster made it for over 8 today, and I'm not being a hydration hypocrite, either. 😆

• Haha
PadPhilosopher said:
Not necessarily. My Tranquility ATN with a topliner contour booster made it for over 8 today, and I'm not being a hydration hypocrite, either. 😆
Typically I use plastic backed Abena. No need for any of those with ABDL diapers ($ [not really a concern but...] and I don't like to wear a diaper 8+ hours during the day (bulgy). I've been using NS Eternadry contour booster for sleeping or when I'm unable to change during the day. These Tranquility topliner contour booster looks similar. Might try these. I'm fine with the Eternadry but it doesn't hurt looking.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
I would like ABU to redesign the DinoRawrZ print so those diapers can become positional printed because the current print is starting to look dated with the characters often appearing either upside down or being cut off if it lands on the waistbands.

• Wow
Reactions: littledreamers333 and PadPhilosopher
Back