Did you want to stay in diapers as a child?

Shortly after being potty trained I was hospitalized, and forced to wear diapers for two months. I was mortified at first, but the longer I had to wear them the more I began enjoying them. Afterwards I missed being diapered and began stealing my baby cousin’s diapers whenever we’d visit my aunt and uncle; I also tried finding them in the church nursery, though I’m not sure what would’ve happened had I been successful!

Reactions: TigerDL, Rezzu, JoeMusic1976 and 1 other person
I don't really have memories of me wearing as a kid. I guess it went all pretty normal. My fascination with diapers came like 5 years ago and I don't feel like it is linked to wearing diapers as a kid.

Unlike quite a few others, I do not see myself as being "back in diapers", really.

I guess DL vs AB makes a difference there too.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: I very distinctly remember trying to get back into diapers as early as age 4.

After I was potty trained, I remember there being a drawer of pull-ups in our bathroom in case I had an accident. I remember waking in to try and take one, but not being able to find them. I was four, so I asked my mom where they were.

She asked me something along the lines of, “Top drawer on the left. Did you have an accident?”

I said something like “No, just curious.”, and grabbed one out of the drawer. She soon stopped me, and got rid of them.

Around age 7, for some reason, we got a pair of sample diapers in the mail. Both my brother and I had been out of diapers for years at that point, and my mother said she was going to save it to give it to one of my cousins.

I found the box, closed myself in the bathroom, pulled my pants down, and put the diaper on. I had it about halfway up my legs by the time my parents caught me.

Age 9. I started making pretend diapers out of stuffies. Age 11 - I started creating simulated diapers I could wet without getting caught. Age 13 - I started sleeping on occasion with blankets between my legs to imitate the feeling of wearing diapers to sleep. I did that well into adulthood, until I worked up the courage to look up if anyone else thought the same weird things I did.

Reactions: neophyte
At the time I didn't really know any better. I didn't wear diapers as a kid but pooped my pants due to a lack of potty training. I wear them now, though. I do wish that I would have been diapered as a kid. I don't know why I was never put back in them. I mean, if your kid is still pooping himself in high school and has no clue how to use the bathroom, aren't diapers the logical choice?

Reactions: nwm and Sidewinder
Bri89 said:
At the time I didn't really know any better. I didn't wear diapers as a kid but pooped my pants due to a lack of potty training. I wear them now, though. I do wish that I would have been diapered as a kid. I don't know why I was never put back in them. I mean, if your kid is still pooping himself in high school and has no clue how to use the bathroom, aren't diapers the logical choice?
It would seem like a logical choice to me.

Reactions: nwm, TigerDL and BabyHailey1977
I remember being around 5 and playing truth or dare with my neighbor. I dared her to put a diaper on knowing she would say no and ask me for me to be able to act like the tough one and put one on. I knew since as far back as I can remember I wanted to be in diapers. When I was in daycare I would have alot of accidents (number 2). And she would tell me after I could either wear girls panties or a diaper as punishment. Believe me. I know that sounds made up. 100% true. And I would always want to say diapers but I was too scared to say I wanted the diaper. Part of me thinks I would keep doing it because I wanted to be in the diaper but I never actually let her put me in a diaper. I also remember having a bed wetting problem and my parents told me if it didn't stop they would put me in pull ups. It did not stop. But unfortunately they never did. I wish they would have and my bed wetting never stopped so I could have an excuse to be in diapers every night. Not that I'm not usually anyway lol

I wore bed wetting pull ups until I was about 12 so they just kind of merged into normality. I didn't really mind getting rid of them, however my parents were happy which made me happy.

I don't remember my potty training. I've been told I was slow to catch on, but I wasn't really attached to diapers.
But I wet the bed and wore Goodnites until I was 12. I probably could have been out of them sooner, but if I woke up having to go, I'd just use the Goodnite, and I used them for my morning pee. When my parents first said it was time to be out of Goodnites, I resisted. I said I was worried about not waking up, but deep down I just wanted to keep the Goodnites. I liked the feeling of a swollen wet goodnite in the morning. But I relented after a short while and stayed dry at night. But I soon found myself wanting diapers. For a time, I still had some leftover Goodnites in my closet. I would frequently sneak and use them during the day, but they eventually got thrown out.
After that I didn't have access to diapers, but I got in the habit of pooping my pants when my parents were out or asleep. A few times I fashioned a "diaper" out of multiple pairs of underwear. I bought Goodnites for myself for the first time when I was 17.

Yes, and no. I was really interested in diapers, but, being a bed wetter, I was to often forced and punished into diapers, which I hated!

I've kind of already answered this in another thread but this one seems a bit more specific so I'll add my experience here too.

So yeah I never wanted to be out of nappies either. I'm not sure why but I just didn't. Most likely it was a comfort or security thing though... Anyway I vaguely remember asking my parents before bed one night that I wanted a nappy incase I had an accident. I remember they pinned a towel on me and I was kind of happy about it but it wasn't exactly what I had hoped for as I much preferred a crinkly plastic back nappy. I think I asked again but I was told no and that was the end of that.

i remember I took a nappy from a friends house once but it was way too small and I could Berkely use it for anything as it was baby sized. Still I enjoyed looking at it and imagining how great it would feel if it was big enough for me. I tried to fashion makeshift nappies out of underwear and wads of toilet paper too, which kind of felt nice but that was about all they were worth.

Whem I was about 16 or 17 I was in hospital for about a week and I remember these blue pads that looked like nappies on the nurses trolleys each morning as they came in to do their rounds, cha.ge bedsheets etc. I really wanted to take one but didn't have the guts. On the day that I was discharged I was loitering near the nurses supply cupboard in the hallway. When one of the nurses went in, I hobbled in and quietly told her that I needed some of those pads and pointed to them. She asked how many I needed and I just came out with "Erm, nine please." With a kind of sorry and understanding look she said "Nine? Ok." She put them in a bag and off I went, quite embarrassed but also excited.

When I finally got home and had a look at them I was disappointed to see that they were only the hour glass shaped insert pads but they were still plastic backed. So I used them inside underwear and I did find them to be very comfortable. Looking back I'm kind of surprised that she just gave them to me as I don't think hospitals normally just hand out supplies like that. I think she probably did it just because she felt sorry for me due to my age and didn't want to cause any embarrassment.

I was pottery trained early according to my parents right after my second birthday, I was diaper-free. Nighttime was a different story. I was pretty much an every night bedwetter until a few months after I turned 14. It was like a switch, I still remember to this day. I wore Goodnites from 9 onward and the last set of Goodnites I wore were the soccer ones in 2007. I remember one morning on a weekend when I was 14 I woke up soaked, Goodnites heavy and swollen (Literally bouncing up and down in the front when I walked from the weight) and the next night I was dry and never had another accident at night. My parents kept me in them for another two weeks just to make sure and sure enough I was dry that two week period. I remember, especially at the beginning when I stopped wearing them I missed them at night because that’s all I ever slept in (I always wore the Goodnites sans pants, even when I was older) and my parents never understood that haha. I wasn’t ashamed, it was just something I needed to wear at night to help with a problem I had and that was that. However, after a little while I was glad to stop wearing them because I was starting high school and had lots of sleepovers and that would have been an embarrassing thing to explain to friends at that age

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, FudgedInLuvs and BobbiSueEllen
Foe me i was potty trained quite late at about 5 , shortly after being potty trained i began to wet at night and all the way till i was about 17 , i always had this theory about me is that deep down inside me i wanted to wear diapers and that it manifest as bedwetting although on the outside i didn't want to but subconsciously i may want to. I've been wearing diapers since i was a kid and then after being out of them at around 17 i wanted to be in them again , my bedwetting stopped suddenly but my parents had me wore them for a while just in case and to be sure , after i stopped wearing i immediately missed being out of them , diapers to bed was a normal thing for me having worn those throughout from a kid till i was 17 so that's all i know and slept in . So yeah i may have wanted to remain in diapers as a child

I remember back in daycare getting changed. Fast forward, I remember being jealous of another kid's pull-ups in a few months later.
When I was about 6 I took a diaper from my sisters doll and put it on. My parents saw and laughed it off. When I was 14 I faked bedwetting to get diapers but it resulted in depends and a visit to the pediatrician. I gave that up quick and about a year later I worked up the courage to buy goodnites on ebay. I have been with goodnites ever since. I also came out to my best friend that is very supportive.

Bedwetter12 said:
I wasn’t ashamed, it was just something I needed to wear at night to help with a problem I had and that was that. However, after a little while I was glad to stop wearing them because I was starting high school and had lots of sleepovers and that would have been an embarrassing thing to explain to friends at that age

Good point on sleepovers and being more social during that phase of life, i would train myself to not have issues at night, or just stay up for 24 hours just in case, but sleepovers as a trend died out when I entered high-school, but that's also when we were starting with social media (Facebook, et all) and instead of having events to look forward to and socialize we were always low key chronically connected. Think that's what killed them off.

I really like the sentence that I bolded, I used to struggle with bedwetting when I was heavy set (elementary through beginning of college) and then I lost a ton of weight and the issues went away. I had dabbled with Depends and they were freaking horrific, the plastic backed with 6 tapes were fair, but that's where I did discover that I did enjoy diapers. Getting back into Goodnites was a goal secretly in the back of my mind. Fast forward not long after the monumental body transformation, first round of double pneumonia (coupled with the flu, yay!) for nearly the full academic year I was grateful to have had my Goodnites. Just last year, it was round 2 for about half as long, but all the same misery. Ended up on prescription medications for a longer duration than what they should have been used, I have some long term issues now, and liver damage. I kept padded last year (when I discovered Luvs) and have occasions where I need to. What you wrote, that is something I think many people struggle to accept but it is also a notion I have come to realize right around when the pandemic began and it has made making the choice to wear at night so much easier. Self acceptance is key.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bedwetter12
FudgedInLuvs said:
Good point on sleepovers and being more social during that phase of life, i would train myself to not have issues at night, or just stay up for 24 hours just in case, but sleepovers as a trend died out when I entered high-school, but that's also when we were starting with social media (Facebook, et all) and instead of having events to look forward to and socialize we were always low key chronically connected. Think that's what killed them off.

I really like the sentence that I bolded, I used to struggle with bedwetting when I was heavy set (elementary through beginning of college) and then I lost a ton of weight and the issues went away. I had dabbled with Depends and they were freaking horrific, the plastic backed with 6 tapes were fair, but that's where I did discover that I did enjoy diapers. Getting back into Goodnites was a goal secretly in the back of my mind. Fast forward not long after the monumental body transformation, first round of double pneumonia (coupled with the flu, yay!) for nearly the full academic year I was grateful to have had my Goodnites. Just last year, it was round 2 for about half as long, but all the same misery. Ended up on prescription medications for a longer duration than what they should have been used, I have some long term issues now, and liver damage. I kept padded last year (when I discovered Luvs) and have occasions where I need to. What you wrote, that is something I think many people struggle to accept but it is also a notion I have come to realize right around when the pandemic began and it has made making the choice to wear at night so much easier. Self acceptance is key.
Yes. 100% true. This wasn’t something that came overnight but at the same time after awhile through a lot of self-reflection I realized I had nothing to be ashamed about. This was out of my control and I just needed to deal with it maturely. When it stopped I was grateful but I also sort of missed the Goodnites in a way because it was a large part of my night time routine for so many years

Reactions: chuck and DiaperedBedwetter1998
Bedwetter12 said:
Yes. 100% true. This wasn’t something that came overnight but at the same time after awhile through a lot of self-reflection I realized I had nothing to be ashamed about. This was out of my control and I just needed to deal with it maturely. When it stopped I was grateful but I also sort of missed the Goodnites in a way because it was a large part of my night time routine for so many years
Totally understand. I was taken out of Goodnites when I was heading into the 4th grade, it had to have been some imbecilic "decision" made by my old man, can't cut into the beer budget by letting the boy play sports or go into the arts and certainly don't need him sleeping in a dry bed. Always resented that, and even at a young age it was easy to accept, I guess the transition from being out of diapers all the time to nighttime is easy on the young mind, but I always loved my Goodnites. Going back was difficult because you go through adolescence and it's an odd spot "but I'm not a kid, I don't need them, what would everyone else think if they found out?" But you keep it secret, and realize it doesn't harm anyone, or you have a legit reason

Reactions: jaredc3, DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bedwetter12
Yep, I wanted to be forced to wear diapers whenever I misbehaved that's how it started. And then I had masturbatory experiences with butt padding. The more I think about it, it was probably my subconscious telling me that I need to be put back in diapers

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Sidewinder
It was kind of with mixed emotions. I wore diapers to bed all the time until I started drying up in my 10th year. The bedwetting started when I was 6ish and I was returned to diapers for bed then. At first it was tough but then it just became routine. I remember going to bed for the first time with no diaper and I honestly felt naked. Diapers were warm and comfortable and I knew if I peed I'd wet the diaper not the bed. I'd take the pillow case off my pillow and use it as a diaper so I could get to sleep. I never tried to stay in diapers or do anything to get put back in them. I still had to wear them when we were away (hotel, etc) or sometimes during the day for protection though. Diapers were always there if I needed to be put in them.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998 and Bedwetter12
Ohhh yesss!

The night my Goodnites were gone, I felt very, very sad and lost. I mean, sure I was okay for the long haul but I’ve missed wearing them.

And there was a time that my mom had some Goodnites hidden away in her bathroom cabinet. I snuck in and wore them often. Then after a while, I think I used them all and was left empty.

But then I found out there was another full pack hidden in my parent’s closet and like clockwork of course I hidden and wore them. But then my mom walked in on me one day and pretty much took them away for good. 😞 Was definitely a hard moment of my life.

I think around that time, my third and youngest cousin was also wearing Pull-Ups at the time and I often times tried taking some of hers in hopes of getting back in diapers. They worked; but not much. This was going back all the way to 2001 or 2002 I think, so I woukd’ve been ten or eleven when this occurred.

I then went about most of my life empty and diaper free. I think by the time I was fourteen was when the thoughts and memories of Goodnites and Pull-Ups came back to me and I had to sit and do nothing to buy or get back into them. 😞 It wasn’t like I couldn’t act or do much cause I was fourteen at the time and I didn’t want to intentionally wet the bed just to get back into them. I think I remembered one time I confessed to my mom my problems; but she didn’t do or say much to help.

But, around this time- I’m older now, have my own accounts in shopping sites, can actually return to diapers, Goodnites, and Pull-Ups without much fear and thought. 😊 I may have missed years of designs and diapers but I’ve returned and will stay for as long as I live.

Reactions: nezquic66
Bedwetter12 said:
I was pottery trained early...

I love auto correct 🤣 lol...

I have always had an intense desire to wear diapers since potty training, right up through adulthood. I never did anything about it though. I grew up in a bad environment and didn't want to make things worse.

When I was about 10-11, I found my old cloth diapers being used as dusting cloths and tried to wear them. All it did is make my midsection smell like lemon pledge!

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and Bedwetter12
Back