Did you still wore diapers by the time you turned 3?

Still in diapers at 3?

• Total voters
Babybear2006 said:
Yes I'm from Texas, I have mild autism and was also born with a cleft palate causing me to be considered non verbal. I wasn't potty trained during the day until I was almost 6. I was potty trained at school by my special ed teacher. I wasn't completely out of diapers until I had 3 surgeries to correct my cleft palate at 6 and 7. I was taken out of my night time diapers when I was 7 and give a bedwetter alarm but was put in goodnites at night when I was 9 because I was unplugging the alarm and wet my bed. I had several daytime accidents and had to keep pullups at school or even wear them to school.
that seems very interesting because i have mild autism as well and even though i wasn't potty trained until i was 5 my parents still told me that in new jersey the school told her that is was ether make sure i was potty trained or not graduate kindergarten

Last edited:
LupintheWolf said:
that seems very interesting because i have mild autism as well and even though i wasn't potty trained until i was 5 my parents still told me that in new jersey the school told her that is was ether make sure i was potty trained or not graduate kindergarten
I also had to go to a special education school and several students had to wear diapers

Babybear2006 said:
I also had to go to a special education school and several students had to wear diapers
that make a bit more sense seeing as i wasn't officially diagnosed as autistic until my junior year of high school although even so my school district made the dumbass decision to mix the "bad apples" with the special needs students

• Angry
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, baliebox4916 and Babybear2006
I was just shy of 3 and, from what I have been told, was not thrilled with having to give them up!

Reactions: baliebox4916
i was potty trained shortly before i turned 4 (i remember it because it was just before 9/11 (around 2000-2001ish) (i wanted to stay in diapers and this was around the time my sister moved out west to vancouver so my mom had trouble toilet training me, she had to bribe me with pokemon toys so i could even go as far as to be put in pull ups instead of my more cuter diapers) (eventually i was put back in reguar 2 taped baby diapers at least until i was 6 where diapers were excluded from my schools dress code so i had to stop wearing diapers at least until i was a teen which i wasn't allowed to wear unless i found or stole diapers) (i was also diagnosed with autism during grade 1) (i didn't really have freedom to wear diapers until 2017 or so when i was 20)

Last edited:
Reactions: espectro, Jbdl and killahB
Wore them all of the time until 3 yrs old when potty trained , but wore & still wear them every night my entire life for bed wetting and wore on vacations and long car rides during the day .

baliebox4916 said:
i was potty trained shortly before i turned 4 (i remember it because it was just before 9/11 (around 2000-2001ish) (i wanted to stay in diapers and this was around the time my sister moved out west to vancouver so my mom had trouble toilet training me, she had to bribe me with pokemon toys so i could even go as far as to be put in pull ups instead of my more cuter diapers) (eventually i was put back in reguar 2 taped baby diapers at least until i was 6 where diapers were excluded from my schools dress code so i had to stop wearing diapers at least until i was a teen which i wasn't allowed to wear unless i found or stole diapers) (i was also diagnosed with autism during grade 1) (i didn't really have freedom to wear diapers until 2017 or so when i was 20)
I would have loved to have been put back into diapers! My parents would occasionally threaten to put me back in diapers when I was going through a period of bedwetting (age 6 or 7), but instead of following through on their threats, they just shamed me instead!

killahB said:
I would have loved to have been put back into diapers! My parents would occasionally threaten to put me back in diapers when I was going through a period of bedwetting (age 6 or 7), but instead of following through on their threats, they just shamed me instead!
That is actually what made me not take my parents seriously because they constantly made threats a few that would even break the law to follow through on like they threatened to throw away packages which is tampering with the post and when they first found out I was back in diapers since my sister told them I was wearing for fun they threatened to publicly humiliate me by treating me like a 3y/o if I didn't stop wearing diapers which the fact that I'm autistic alone would have gotten them charged with harassment/ abuse of a disabled person

Last edited:
LupintheWolf said:
that make a bit more sense seeing as i wasn't officially diagnosed as autistic until my junior year of high school although even so my school district made the dumbass decision to mix the "bad apples" with the special needs students
Especially in small school districts with correspondingly small budgets, it's common to basically have two groups of students: the 100% "normal" students, and everybody else. I live in, and have kids in, a very small school district. Students who are intellectually capable but physically impaired, students who are profoundly intellectually impaired, and students who simply have behavior problems all end up "life skills" classrooms together. It's quite depressing to think about, as you know that none of those students get the right kind of help.

More to the point, though: Only students with a documented need may wear diapers, which I think is a pretty typical policy nationwide. Even when our kids were in preschool, we didn't see a single preschool that allowed diapers unless a parent was willing to stick around and do the changing. (Ours were both done with diapers before preschool, so that wasn't a consideration for us.)

I developed being a diaper lover in cloth diapers and plastic pants because of my having accidents. I remember being cloth diapered and in plastic pants from 3 to 6 years of age. It was embarrassing but felt good around my private areas. I developed a desire to wear diapers that never went away because being in cloth diapers and plastic pants was a comfort to me as a disabled child. I loved it when family diapered me and put me on my bed or my blanket in nothing but cloth diapers, plastic pants, and a T-shirt. I ignored my desires until I was an adult. I now love being in cloth diapers and plastic pants more than ever. Diapers give me peace, comfort, and extreme pleasure now.

Reactions: Magicalgirl101, killahB and Lyric
LupintheWolf said:
That is actually what made me not take my parents seriously because they constantly made threats a few that would even break the law to follow through on like they threatened to throw away packages which is tampering with the post and when they first found out I was back in diapers since my sister told them I was wearing for fun they threatened to publicly humiliate me by treating me like a 3y/o if I didn't stop wearing diapers which the fact that I'm autistic alone would have gotten them charged with harassment/ abuse of a disabled person
Yeah, I'm very familiar with the threats of public humiliation. My parents might actually have followed through on their threats, except for the fact that they are both severely narcissistic and publicly shaming me would have tarnished the perfect facade they thought they had built up! But now I've put myself back in diapers, so things are looking up!

Yup I was still in diapers at age 3 and for a long time after. I've never been out of night diapers and I've only occasionally tried pullups with very limited success in making it to the toilet.

4 here, though those memories are so faint I basically would need to fill in the blanks to recall them now.

I was in nappies day and night until I was 5 and a lot longer at night because I wet the bed. My folks tried everything to get me dry at night to no avail so after many attempts to get me dry I was finally given nappies for night wear by the local continence nurse and slept in them until my bedwetting finally stopped in my 20's. I wasn't properly dry during the day until I was nearly 11 years old and often had wet pants.

Reactions: MatthewDL and sissybaby34
Looking at the Christmas photos immediately before my 3rd birthday I was definitely still in nappies at night.
Not sure about daytime, according to my mum I was potty trained at 'a normal age' but for the early 90s that would be anything from 18 moths to 3 years old.

Diapers and I, have never left each other. lol

Reactions: Magicalgirl101 and killahB
I was still filling my diapers up 24/7 till after my 4th birthday... and then I was potty trained during the day before kindergarten. BedWetting kept the diapers on every night till i was 7 and diapers were a regular thing at night and sometimes during the day. Lots of boxes of pampers in our house lol..

By about 2 or 3 years I think. No recollection of that time whatsoever. I did have some accidents but who hasn't to be honest. Nothing more than an average kid i guess.

I think I was mostly trained by 3. But my mother would still diaper me if we ever went out.

Potty trained just shortly after my third birthday. At 4,5 I started longing for them again...

Reactions: KrankyPants
Back