did anyone have a diaper reference nearby

jaja

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I would like to ask if anyone around you had any comments about incontinence (diapers) and how you reacted.

I can think of three situations now.

1. At work we were outside smoking and a colleague made a joke, I laughed a lot and another commented that it made me pee my pants. I don't know if I did, I was wearing a diaper anyway.
2. Once, at a visit to friends, the TV was on and there was a lady who had apnea (a sleep disorder) and she explained that she had to have a sleep machine and that she wore diapers. The acquaintances commented that it was horrible and disgusting to pee in diapers at night. Yeah if only they knew I do the same thing and have experience with apnea (resolved by airway modification).
3. At work again. A colleague came across some video on youtube about ABDL, but again comments that it's absolutely disgusting, peeing in nappies etc. Yeah if only they knew someone was with them who was wearing a wet nappy at the time.
4. I was driving a colleague home after work. He was delayed, so I waited in the car for about 10 minutes. When he came in he said there was a smell, like urine. I said I didn't know what it was. In fact, I knew it was my diaper.

I make no comment on the situation. But I'm afraid people around me don't accept incontinence. What if one day they find out? I'm very worried about it, sometimes I even have tears in my eyes.

Excuse my English, it's not my first language. ;)

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
jaja said:
I would like to ask if anyone around you had any comments about incontinence (diapers) and how you reacted.

1. At work we were outside smoking and a colleague made a joke, I laughed a lot and another commented that it made me pee my pants. I don't know if I did, I was wearing a diaper anyway.
2. Once, at a visit to friends, the TV was on and there was a lady who had apnea (a sleep disorder) and she explained that she had to have a sleep machine and that she wore diapers. The acquaintances commented that it was horrible and disgusting to pee in diapers at night. Yeah if only they knew I do the same thing and have experience with apnea (resolved by airway modification).
3. At work again. A colleague came across some video on youtube about ABDL, but again comments that it's absolutely disgusting, peeing in nappies etc. Yeah if only they knew someone was with them who was wearing a wet nappy at the time.
4. I was driving a colleague home after work. He was delayed, so I waited in the car for about 10 minutes. When he came in he said there was a smell, like urine. I said I didn't know what it was. In fact, I knew it was my diaper.

I make no comment on the situation. But I'm afraid people around me don't accept incontinence. What if one day they find out? I'm very worried about it, sometimes I even have tears in my eyes.

How did they fix ur sleep apnea do u use cpap too?

Reactions: Diprs2
furry121 said:
How did they fix ur sleep apnea do u use cpap too?
I'm not using the device yet.
They removed my tonsils and adjusted the root of my tongue. And so far, the problem seems to be solved. Unfortunately, it may not be permanent, and then I'd get an appliance.

jaja said:

Your English is better than meany English speaking people đź‘Ť
Most people who comment on something like incontinence being disgusting will change their thinking very quickly when they realize someone thay now and respect is in that situation so I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Yes I know it's easier said than done

I have gotten comments when my diaper shows/bulges, but its usally from kids (cousin, nephew, students) who don't otherwise know better. I use it as a teaching moment, or just say its none of your business.

Back