Did anyone else have a Plastic Pant Fetish as a Child?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Babyjohn57
Angelapinks said:
When I started my paper route I found more plastic pants in the Lost & Found box in the local Laundramat where I would go each morning to fold my papers and took them home also.

That explains the notice that recently appeared at my local laundrette:

Dear Laundromat Customers,

We hope this message finds you well. We have recently become aware of the increased presence of plastic pants in the Lost & Found box. We understand that this may cause curiosity and raised questions among our valued customers. We would like to take a moment to explain this situation and address any concerns you may have.

The presence of plastic pants in the Lost & Found box can be attributed to a variety of reasons. It is possible that some customers may accidentally leave behind such items, forgetting to retrieve them when collecting their laundry. Additionally, plastic pants are commonly used in certain industries such as healthcare, child care, and elderly care, where accidents happen, and they are utilized for extra protection.

At our Laundromat, we accommodate a diverse range of customers with varying needs. It is essential for us to provide a clean and welcoming space for everyone, and this includes properly managing Lost & Found items. Our staff regularly catalog and store any items that are left behind, including plastic pants, in the designated Lost & Found box.

We would like to assure you that we actively encourage our customers to claim their belongings promptly. Signs and notices are displayed throughout our premises to notify customers of the Lost & Found box and the importance of retrieving their items.

We are aware that some may find the presence of plastic pants in the Lost & Found box unusual, but we kindly ask for your understanding and respect for the privacy of our customers. If you have any concerns, feedback, or suggestions regarding the Lost & Found box or any other aspect of our Laundromat, please do not hesitate to reach out to our friendly staff. We are always striving to improve and meet the needs of our valued customers.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, star, Forced and 3 others
I recently recalled another memory of plastic in which I had a fetish for them since being a child. I was put into those white Gerber pants with a disposable as a child. IN actuality it seemed plastic pants were supposed to be put on with cloth diapers. My mom who loved the idea of plastic Pampers at the time still would put plastic pants over my diapers especially at night. So I had a recent recollection of Gerber plastic pants which I loved wearing. So my mom would often take me and siblings to the childrens store. They were more common back in the day. An entire store for childrens clothes and other items from infant to about 12 years old. So maybe I was about 5 or 6 and out of diapers at that time but still young enough for the childrens store. So I distinctly remember there being a diaper and toddler clothes section So there was a rack full of Gerber plastic pants. I would always love to look at the rack and imagine wearing them again. This was the 70s. so the packs were still in cardboard holders. I would try and touch of feel the plastic . So on a later visit the store had a large bin full of loose Gerber plastic pants! Perhaps they were loose pairs that came apart from those cardboard holders. So there was a mountain of them in the bin and all sizes! So I would wait until there were no customers by the bin and look through and touch and feel all the plastic pants. I had to be careful though because my mom wouldve been confused as to why I was so fascinated by those pants in the bins. I so wished I could take some pairs home but obviously could not. SO it was a sort of thrill to check out that bin each time we would visit the store back then. It certainly influenced my Gerber pants fetish as an adult and glad I have several adult sized pairs although they are fairly old now but will have to do for now.

• Love
Reactions: diaperwoody, LeatherStallion, steviet and 9 others
A sort of a random memory...when I was living in Tacoma just after getting married, 1962-63 era, the Woolworths store had an extensive selection of vinyl plastic film in something like half a dozen different colors; I remember specifically bright red and pastel green, blue, yellow, white, and pink. They were on a row of rollers; I don't remember if people could pick their own yardage or ask a clerk for help. I did obtain a yard of bright red film, nice smooth stuff.

Reactions: BillSpeed, Angelapinks, Luvshugs and 1 other person
vp39 said:
A sort of a random memory...when I was living in Tacoma just after getting married, 1962-63 era, the Woolworths store had an extensive selection of vinyl plastic film in something like half a dozen different colors; I remember specifically bright red and pastel green, blue, yellow, white, and pink. They were on a row of rollers; I don't remember if people could pick their own yardage or ask a clerk for help. I did obtain a yard of bright red film, nice smooth stuff.
I did the same thing a few years ago before plastic started to be removed and replaced. I bought a few yards of milky white plastic at a local fabric store to make my own plastic pants but instead I put it on the mattress.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, Deleted member 56273 and Blekyss
MikeDJ said:
I recently recalled another memory of plastic in which I had a fetish for them since being a child. I was put into those white Gerber pants with a disposable as a child. IN actuality it seemed plastic pants were supposed to be put on with cloth diapers. My mom who loved the idea of plastic Pampers at the time still would put plastic pants over my diapers especially at night. So I had a recent recollection of Gerber plastic pants which I loved wearing. So my mom would often take me and siblings to the childrens store. They were more common back in the day. An entire store for childrens clothes and other items from infant to about 12 years old. So maybe I was about 5 or 6 and out of diapers at that time but still young enough for the childrens store. So I distinctly remember there being a diaper and toddler clothes section So there was a rack full of Gerber plastic pants. I would always love to look at the rack and imagine wearing them again. This was the 70s. so the packs were still in cardboard holders. I would try and touch of feel the plastic . So on a later visit the store had a large bin full of loose Gerber plastic pants! Perhaps they were loose pairs that came apart from those cardboard holders. So there was a mountain of them in the bin and all sizes! So I would wait until there were no customers by the bin and look through and touch and feel all the plastic pants. I had to be careful though because my mom wouldve been confused as to why I was so fascinated by those pants in the bins. I so wished I could take some pairs home but obviously could not. SO it was a sort of thrill to check out that bin each time we would visit the store back then. It certainly influenced my Gerber pants fetish as an adult and glad I have several adult sized pairs although they are fairly old now but will have to do for now.
D007A776-83CA-4B08-B91C-A3783C62FD45.jpeg86C7E1E5-100F-433C-B979-883B0C1E80A2.jpeg2FDFBEB8-5376-4717-B685-BABFA8E2193A.jpeg3BAE20FC-9DF3-4CFF-8B83-02AD16BCA93E.jpeg9991B21C-65CD-4C87-8931-A2AE95091229.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: diaperwoody, Brumas94, Angelapinks and 2 others
Man those are really nice pictures. I'm totally cool about plastic pants.

Reactions: BillSpeed, diaperwoody, Blekyss and 4 others
Nice collection of antiques. Super toddler baby pants fit many of us for quite a while. No wonder we are all here.lol
I so remember the baby pants and diaper displays in the 5&10 stores such as McCoreys and Kresgies and a few more.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: diaperwoody, toddlerPampers and (deleted member)
BabyTweetyBird said:
I wore these plastic puppies with cloth terrys until my 4s.
I have a drawer full of those Gerber Adult ones. They are exactly like the Toddler ones. I love pulling a pair of those over my diaper, feels so nostalgic.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and jbond007
Poking around on LL Medico's website a few days ago, I found that they have bloomers made of the Euroflex polyurethane film. I don't have many bloomers, vastly preferring panties instead, so I'd forgotten there was such a thing, and I was moved to buy one. It came yesterday, and I was again amazed at how voluminous a bloomer is, compared to even a full-cut panty. I'm wearing it...have all day...the waist elastic about six inches above my waist and the leg elastics 4 or 5 inches above my knees. I'm surprised that it doesn't crinkle more - I think I could wear it out and about under jeans.
Of course the polyurethane plastic has its own feel on my skin. I haven't worn any of my vinyl bloomers in months; I'll have to do that one of these days.

Attachments

• IMG_5399.jpg
    IMG_5399.jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5398.jpg
    IMG_5398.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Love
Reactions: BillSpeed and Angelapinks
We were a cloth diaper/Gerber pants family, so when I began putting on and using my younger brothers diapers at age 4-6, plastic pants were a big part of it. I was more enthralled with Pampers at the time (we rarely had them around), but plastic pants were a close second on the interest meter. I could wear the toddler ones left from my brother the and ones that my cousins had at their house until about age 10. I don’t currently have any, but have been considering buying some adult size cloth prefolds and plastic pants to relive a bit my early introduction to my DL self.

Reactions: Brumas94, vp39, tam1623 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
When I was a kid, I'd see the Gerber plastic pants in large; one time, someone at a store took one out of its package and just left it there...it looked big enough for me to wear them with plenty of room for a diaper. not only did I want to be in Pampers, I wanted to be in plastic pants, too. Anything baby or diaper and I was instantly scope-locked...hooked. I wanted back in diapers as soon as I got out of 'em! 🥰🍼🧸
Like this?7E221609-1639-4C29-A46B-091913DFCF73.jpeg2FC0AC0C-42CA-46A8-B25C-637B748D2E6C.jpeg4A98760F-7971-4E06-9DF6-CAD9E004D056.jpegBB0E70F1-5BF9-472B-A5D7-A8739F4AE69A.jpegE212DF3E-EF47-4065-BD3E-8B4764360593.jpeg0843D770-507E-44CC-B9A3-7E6941154CFC.jpeg7E221609-1639-4C29-A46B-091913DFCF73.jpeg2FC0AC0C-42CA-46A8-B25C-637B748D2E6C.jpeg4A98760F-7971-4E06-9DF6-CAD9E004D056.jpegBB0E70F1-5BF9-472B-A5D7-A8739F4AE69A.jpegE212DF3E-EF47-4065-BD3E-8B4764360593.jpeg0843D770-507E-44CC-B9A3-7E6941154CFC.jpeg9806FE0B-16EF-4664-B6C2-7FA54A825ACA.jpeg7FDCAEE1-14A3-4D5D-B708-6C44198D0DB7.jpeg6193BFEF-BCFF-4992-B3C0-401A0DC3D114.jpeg59A9C2AC-1FD5-4BF6-B3AB-5A418762AD30.jpeg9806FE0B-16EF-4664-B6C2-7FA54A825ACA.jpeg7FDCAEE1-14A3-4D5D-B708-6C44198D0DB7.jpeg6193BFEF-BCFF-4992-B3C0-401A0DC3D114.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, jbond007 and Angelapinks
I am really disappointed that NRU has stopped supplying Babykins Plastic Pants to the UK market, definitely the best brand around at the moment, in my opinion, I had/used pairs for years but they are now starting to go south. Unless some one knows of an alternate supplier I will have to order from Babykins in Canada. Haian are pretty good, Suprima not so sure about, and as for Caratex I find too heavy and stiff.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Reactions: BillSpeed, Brumas94, Forced and 1 other person
VanHelsing said:
I am really disappointed that NRU has stopped supplying Babykins Plastic Pants to the UK market, definitely the best brand around at the moment, in my opinion, I had/used pairs for years but they are now starting to go south. Unless some one knows of an alternate supplier I will have to order from Babykins in Canada. Haian are pretty good, Suprima not so sure about, and as for Caratex I find too heavy and stiff.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Living in Canada it was pretty easy to get Babykis products and my favourites were their rubber pants. I still have 5 or 6 pairs but they will not last long as I wear them almost every night. I also have many of their plastic pants and some of the pull on cotton flannel diapers. They do seem to be always out of stock now so like you I am looking for a good repalcement. Suprima were some of my best and favourite plastic pants and when I could get them easily in Canada from Quebec, I had very many. If I still lived in the UK I would be ordering them from Germany I think. I still order Softies plastic pants from Kins but the ones I want are not available in my size. I do also have plastic pants from Gary wear and I like them but I am not a big fan of the covered elastic as the plastic cracks after awhile and pinches when you wear overnight.

Reactions: Trina and BillSpeed
Great memory MikeDJ. I would be totally mesmerized walking past rows of baby items in stores during the 1950s and 60s. Seeing all those wonderful Gerber baby pants would drive me crazy. I so badly wanted to grab some but at the same time knowing that they would not fit my 7, 8 or 9 year old body. It was incredibly frustrating to be so close and yet so far away from obtaining a pair. I once found a discarded pair of plastic pants in a laundramat. I was a teenager at the time. I coulcn't resist, so I took them home and tried to fit into them. Obviously they broke apart. I'll never forget the very first pair of plastic pants that actually fir my adult body. I was in DL heaven !!

• Love
Reactions: BillSpeed, vp39, Angelapinks and 1 other person
steviet said:
Great memory MikeDJ. I would be totally mesmerized walking past rows of baby items in stores during the 1950s and 60s. Seeing all those wonderful Gerber baby pants would drive me crazy. I so badly wanted to grab some but at the same time knowing that they would not fit my 7, 8 or 9 year old body. It was incredibly frustrating to be so close and yet so far away from obtaining a pair. I once found a discarded pair of plastic pants in a laundramat. I was a teenager at the time. I coulcn't resist, so I took them home and tried to fit into them. Obviously they broke apart. I'll never forget the very first pair of plastic pants that actually fir my adult body. I was in DL heaven !!
Yep! This is a disposable, but pins and panties add to baby vibe.8D4C5ED1-F392-421A-BF89-09BC7786D988.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Brumas94 and jbond007
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and toddlerPampers
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back