Diapers with purple landing strips

Lori

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The "Were you put in nappies or pull ups for days out or long trips after potty training?" thread got me thinking about this.

Basically I have a memory of being 3 in 2002 and my dad putting a nappy on me for a long car journey from Cardiff to Norfolk. I remember seeing him get the nappy out beforehand. The thing I weirdly remember about that one nappy is it had, I think a purple landing strip 💜

I luuuvvv that colour. It is one of the rare times I have seen purple on a nappy. Honestly, wanted to know if anyone knew of any nappies/diapers of that vibe?

Reactions: livinginadiaper, PadPhilosopher and Neroforte
Trest elite makes a nice purple diaper
So does rearz but I like the trest purple better
Molicare used to have purple diapers but they are a light blue-ish colour now

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Jk95, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
Are you asking about adult/ABDL diapers now that replicate that kind of look, or do you want to figure out what diaper it was that you remember?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
The Trest brand makes a nice, pastel purple diaper.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Jk95, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I use to like the color of the old molicare super. They was a purple color. Not a landing strip on them though. They had second chance tapes. Like most name brand adult diapers they got much worse over the years than better. But I remember a urologist giving me a free sample of them.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and PadPhilosopher
Jorelaxed said:
The Trest brand makes a nice, pastel purple diaper.
To expensive. I want to try trest I like the green and blue as well. The green reminds me of classic depends. But I never have seen case prices and I am not paying $4.50 a diaper. I wish mega max would get some soft pastel colors.

Rearz also has the purple seduction.

Lori said:
The "Were you put in nappies or pull ups for days out or long trips after potty training?" thread got me thinking about this.

Basically I have a memory of being 3 in 2002 and my dad putting a nappy on me for a long car journey from Cardiff to Norfolk. I remember seeing him get the nappy out beforehand. The thing I weirdly remember about that one nappy is it had, I think a purple landing strip 💜

I luuuvvv that colour. It is one of the rare times I have seen purple on a nappy. Honestly, wanted to know if anyone knew of any nappies/diapers of that vibe?
Incontrol elits got purple strips

TigerDL said:
Are you asking about adult/ABDL diapers now that replicate that kind of look, or do you want to figure out what diaper it was that you remember?
Kinda both but realistically, the chances of me finding the exact diaper I remember are pretty slim. If you can find it, that'd be cool, but I think that is probably lost to time.

I wwas mainly aiming for diapers that have a similar vibe now.

Reactions: TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
Lori said:

My initial thought was tena slip maxi they used to have a mostly purple landing strip and a lighter pinky purple stripe up the middle of the nappy.

But if you where 3 it would probably just have been a regular baby nappy, @PCS any ideas what brands that could have been?

@Lori if you like purple then Abu cushies are the nappy for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiammaverde and PadPhilosopher
I think Luvs did back then.

BigAl1 said:
I think Luvs did back then.
Luvs are not available when I live

• Thinking
pampers

• Thinking
Lori said:

In Brazil they have tena overnight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
Lori said:
Luvs are not available when I live
Were they when you were 3? Luvz was my first thought, also. However, I'm pretty sure Pampers made "for her" diapers at one time, and they might have fit the description.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi maybe 🤔

HappyNappin said:
My initial thought was tena slip maxi they used to have a mostly purple landing strip and a lighter pinky purple stripe up the middle of the nappy.

But if you where 3 it would probably just have been a regular baby nappy, @PCS any ideas what brands that could have been?

@Lori if you like purple then Abu cushies are the nappy for you.
Although they weren’t common in the UK it could have been Luvs-
The year would have been right. Here are some 2002 Luvs…

1713463720112.jpeg

Otherwise it could have been a supermarket own brand. I’ll do some more digging and check back!

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, TigerDL and PadPhilosopher
Lori said:

The dotty diaper company do a purple diaper
they are based in based in the UK 🤔

Reactions: Woncrinklz and PadPhilosopher
PCS said:
Although they weren’t common in the UK it could have been Luvs-
The year would have been right. Here are some 2002 Luvs…

View attachment 134302

Otherwise it could have been a supermarket own brand. I’ll do some more digging and check back!
Unfortunately, Luvs look as if they have never sold in UK supermarkets.

Luvs are available now in the UK through Amazon though

Lori said:
Unfortunately, Luvs look as if they have never sold in UK supermarkets.

Luvs are available now in the UK through Amazon though
I once saw some in a charity shop, so I wondered if they were imported or sold somewhere niche…

PCS said:
I once saw some in a charity shop, so I wondered if they were imported or sold somewhere niche…
Oh that's one of my favourite games, how did they end up with them, usually it's on reselling sites now though.
I'm thinking a family took a toddler to the states, probably Orlando, and they ended up using more nappies than they had taken with them and ended up buying 2 packs of luvs diapers from a local grocery store, I pack got used and the other ones came home in a suitcase.

Back to purple landing strips, pampers adverts from around 2000 advertised multiple tape strips, a dozen per pack, all with different animals, but I cant find all of them together.
Where these a thing in the UK at the time?
I didn't start buying disposable nappies until 2004-5 so the earliest pampers I remember where cloth back, koala grip, with all over prints, fisher price?, before stretch sides, caterpillar fit, came out.

Back