Diapers Similar to Goodnites?

goodnitesco96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It has been a very long time since I've last been on here(about 2 years) but I've been much more regularly wearing Goodnites. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I was just curious like if there's any substitutes or diapers/pull-ups that are similar to goodnites. I'm not into like "complete diapers", I'm more of a fan of pull-ups. Anybody know how big Underjams go? I'm about a 32 waist and 225, about 6'3", and Goodnites rarely ever rip on me. I'm kinda looking for more pull-up style diapers, so if anybody knows of any that are similar to Goodnites, let me know!

I can tell you right off the bat Underjams won’t work. I’m 6’0” and 175 myself, and the rise isn’t anywhere near as high as Goodnites, not to mention the sides always split right at the seam.

PaddedBrony said:
I can tell you right off the bat Underjams won’t work. I’m 6’0” and 175 myself, and the rise isn’t anywhere near as high as Goodnites, not to mention the sides always split right at the seam.
I mean goodnites split at the seam too but they definitely fit me almost perfectly. What Huggies needs to do is make a separate L and XL sizes, and maybe have that XL size be around 150 or so. 2 inches on the back and front would be a perfect fit.

GoodNites are definitely a step up from UnderJams. Perhaps unbelievably, the length/rise of UnderJams L/XL is just a hair over 22", almost identical to a Cruisers 7 baby diaper. At last measure, GoodNites were around 24".

I have yet to find an adult diaper that's constructed like GoodNites. That flat elastic seems to be a baby/youth diaper exclusive, with adult offerings preferring the frilly "granny-panty" kind. Pampers has even switched to the granny-panty stuff for Easy-Ups, which may herald the same move for UnderJams.

Well, even the best Pull-Ups are not that great; assuming you find something that actually does fit, there are limitations to "the platform" so to speak.

And unfortunately there is also a big lack of anything decent in most physical locations; that is how it is with Diapers, so I think Pull-Ups would be the same situation.

There are a lot of alternatives out there, but they are all in the same market segment and size ranges; intended for Kids and Smaller Teenagers, and some are worse than Goodnites at least in some regards (for example, Dollar General Sleep pants have worse sides; I buy them only to use as Stuffers and they are pretty decent in that regard for the price)

A proper fitting quality Adult Diaper will always be the best; nothing comes close.

Last edited:
Has anybody tried the Target/Walmart "knock offs" of Goodnites? I feel for Goodnites to be a really good fit, Huggies needs to introduce a separate M/L/XL range, with the Large being the old L/XL of 80-125, and XL like 125-150. They're a really good fit on me right now, just need like a little more room on the sides and about 2 inches on the front and the back.

Yeah, but that is kind of "hoping for too much" their demographic isnt ABDLs, it's a range of Kids/Teenagers that happen to have bedwetting issues and for that they seem to be doing pretty well.

Even if they did make bigger Goodnites, there is only so much anybody can do with a Pull-Up style diaper.

It would be great to have a larger size for older youth and teens with bedwetting or daytime issues, but not marketed to those who just want to wear them, such as ABDL's

I'm surprised there isn't more love for Underjams, as much as I love GoodNites in basically every aspect because they are what sparked my interest, I think Underjams are totally superior, pound-for-pound that is. Their fit is smaller which is a problem for most, but even at 5'10 215lb Underjams still fit me without ripping with any movement for hours. Not that I really wear that or anything all that often.

Underjams are softer, stretchier, are more/faster absorbing in my experience, where goodnites will leak fairly easily for me (better with the double leak guards, but still not as good I believe) Underjams hold out better, press-out better. They are significantly better at odor control and don't feel as wet when full.

I love GoodNites, especially all the older mid-2000 designs (I have packs of all designs essentially, for both GoodNites and Underjams)

If Underjams only made a comparable size to compete with L/XL GoodNites it would be superior. At that size an Underjams would be far better in every respect except appearance. IMO

The GoodNites sleepshorts were actually pretty cool in that they were more absorbent than normal GoodNites and had just a fairly thick plastic backing, underneath all the shorts-part.

I've often considered experimenting with making my own version, from scratch, given I have the knowledge/experience in manufacturing/design... Someday maybe lol

Last edited:
I'm sad that Underjams never went about being more competitive, or even simply make more durable side panels. Their packaging changed several times, and one or two graphics changes, but that is all. :(

GoidNites made a few mistakes too. Both the Boxers, and Tru-Fits were smaller than the regular L/XL GoodNites. And instead of fixing the problem. they scrapped them.

Last edited:
I definitely prefer the normal pull-ups style GoodNites so I'm glad they remain the popular/successful product. Though the Boxers and Tru-Fits were neat, if they had come to completely replace GoodNites pullups I'd have been quite sad haha

I like Underjams, they fit very similar to Goodnites, basically the same. The sides on them suck though and disintegrate over time if they're stretched out, unlike Goodnites where the sides are more of a stretchy foam-like material. It's still worth giving the Underjams a try. They fill differently than Goodnites and sit differently on you once full.

goodnitesco96 said:
It has been a very long time since I've last been on here(about 2 years) but I've been much more regularly wearing Goodnites. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I was just curious like if there's any substitutes or diapers/pull-ups that are similar to goodnites. I'm not into like "complete diapers", I'm more of a fan of pull-ups. Anybody know how big Underjams go? I'm about a 32 waist and 225, about 6'3", and Goodnites rarely ever rip on me. I'm kinda looking for more pull-up style diapers, so if anybody knows of any that are similar to Goodnites, let me know!
Goodnites now come in an XL . I normally find them at Target

vj0312 said:
Goodnites now come in an XL . I normally find them at Target.
I know haha. That’s what I’ve primarily been wearing/wetting. I’m just looking for something similar to Goodnites, Ninjamas don’t fit me either.

Back