Diapering and Older Bedwetters

Lyric said:
My mother refused to let me diaper myself. In those days disposables were not available and there was not much selection of cloth diapers. They were always flat, no prefolds or contours like we have today. The older I got the more diapers she folded together before she pinned them and shows always afraid I would hurt myself trying to pin the diapers on and of course, she was sure I wouldn't fold them properly and would have leaks during the night. She also insisted on pulling my rubber pants up herself to make sure they covered all of my diapers. I was probably not the most disciplined or careful teenager so she may have been right.
Like people say if you want to be sure its done right the best thing is to do it yourself.

Joke aside. I bet she did dent want you to wake up in a wet bed becurse the diaper was not on right. The only thing to be sure of that is to do it yourself.

Last edited:
ballyhooser said:
Lifelong bedwetter here. My mom would pin on my diapers until 12 or 13 when I started doing it myself. Until 8 or 9 when my parents went out the babysitter had to do it. I was fine with it except the time the 16 year old neighbor boy babysat us. I remember him and my older brother kind of making fun of me being put in a diaper. As I remember it at about 8 or 9 I had really become a diaper lover. I needed them for my wetting but really loved going to sleep with my thick diapers on. I was a little disappointed when my mom said I should put them on myself. I had gotten very used to and liked laying there like a toddler having my mom pin on my diapers. I still loved my diapers but missed being diapered. While I loved my diapers nice a teenager I really wanted to stop wetting in my sleep because it was embarrassing to have noisy plastic sheets under my bed sheets and hiding my diapers. My mom wasn’t discreet as she would fold and stack my diapers and plastic pants on the laundry room counter or put them on the steps going upstairs with my other clothes. I remember hearing my brother one day telling a friend that asked about the diapers that they were mine that I had to wear for bedwetting. very embarrassing and I really avoided that friend of his after that.
Just a follow up on my original post. I think I became a dl at about 8 or 9 but still really wanted to stop wetting the bed and especially wanted to stop leaking during the day. Until age 10 or 11 I’d wear thick training type pants or a couple pairs of tightly whites with plastic pants during the day and remember getting regularly frustrated taking them off wet every day after school. I always hoped it was just sweat wetness but the pee smell was the dead giveaway. I was also kind of disappointed when my mom said I needed to start pinning on my own diapers at age 13 or so. I was allowed to stop wearing diapers when I entered high school. I was conflicted since I had become a dl but being in high school felt I needed to manage this more like my peers. Well that was a disaster since I continued to wet every night and would lways wake up in the middle of the night with soaked pj’s, sheets, blankets, pillows, etc. yes and I would also even have puddles of pee on top of my sheets being held there by the noisy plastic mattress cover. And of course I’d undress, lay bath towels over the soaked sheets then often soak again before morning. I, like many of us had to lay everything back and let the soaked bed dry out during the day. I was supposed to clean my sheets every couple of days but often forgot and after 3 days or more the sheets smelled a good bit. I,went through this routine for 3 or 4 months then told my mom I wanted to put myself back in my diapers. She told me it was entirely up to me. So now I,was in the best place as I had sort of forgotten how nice it was to sleep through the night and wake up in just a soaked diaper. I felt somewhat defeated but it was an improvement. I hated going to dr.s about it and having to talk to nurses and dr’s about my wetting as in addition I was still leaking during the day. And every time they would simply say it would stop in time. Bedwetting alarms and any medications they prescribed had zero effect. Wasn’t until I was almost 30 did I finally go to a “smart” urologist that conducted a through urodynamic study (pretty evasive as you lay there naked with tubes inserted, front and back, over a large collection bowl, while the nurse operates a machine that runs liquid into my bladder. Well low and behold they discovered I had a neurogenic bladder and judging from my history it is not damage related but probably an abnormality since birth. As the dr. put it my bladder more or less acts like an infants in that the brain and bladder signals don’t work properly. Surgery was a suggested solution however it was just a maybe fix. I opted not to go that route since I really liked diapers anyway and never have a hint of any irritation of being wet at least 80% of the time. I’ve lived in my thick cloth diapers with plastic pants my whole life and went to quality disposable diapers during the day 18 years ago. My stress level, especially during the day vanished! I am happily diapered 24/7, love it and need it as well.

Reactions: chamberpot, WillFord384, Teddy02 and 1 other person
i wet and mess the bed almost every night and still do(never stopped)i started to change myself at 16

Back