Diapered while I’m Truck Driving during training.

Rapture

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’m not sure if there are any truck drivers in this group, but I could use some help. In hopefully a few weeks if not less I’ll be out in training to be a truck driver. It’s been a dream of mine since I was kid. A few things to know about me before I continue because I feel they are important in this case. I first experienced wearing diapers when my mom put me in one when I was 14 for wetting the bed continuously. Later explored them more in high school and beyond. Didn’t really get into them until a few years ago. Because diapers at Walmart are not as comfortable as the ones now you can buy online. Now I wear them 3-6 times a week. So I’m not 24/7, and I’m not sure if I could ever be. Part of me wants to, but just not sure at this point. Lots of variables to consider. Sorry I may be going a bit off the subject. I’ll be on a trainers truck for up to 6 months. I am not incontinent, but I do often enough wet myself during sleep because I am such a deep sleeper. This is a bed, I’ll most likely be sharing in the truck with the trainer. I’m not worried about wearing them when I have my own truck. I can hide them pretty well as I often wear them in public. So here are few general questions I have in regards to the company in which I am currently applying for and some for the training portion.

Do/should I tell the company? How are they likely to react? Will they ask me to provide a doctors note? Can I even get one since I’m technically not incontinent. Is a there any way to keep it hidden from them? What should I do if I’m approached by the company?

Do/Should I tell my trainer? How are they likely to react? How do I even begin to explain my fear of wetting their bed to them without them just picking up another trainee instead? Is it possible to hide it from them?

Hiding might be difficult for me. I had this same conversation with my therapist a few months ago. She advised me to try on pull ups. I bought some northshore ones, and tried them at home here. Unfortunately, they did not pan out and I ended up soaking my bed. So I need to wear tab style ones. And those when taping can be loud. I also secure the tabs with packing tape to make sure the tabs don’t come undone. This can also be very loud when I am doing it. So I’m not sure hiding is even possible. I want this more than anything, but I fear my sacrifice to not be able to wear one when I need one is going to be too much for me to handle. But if I have to choose between wearing a diaper or being a truck driver I already know I’m gonna go be a truck driver cause I know eventually I’ll be back in a diaper. I’m just afraid of what happens if I make an accident on their bed. Like deathly scared.

I don’t know, maybe I’m over thinking this. Anyways if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Reactions: Saturatedandsodden25 and Subtlerustle
From the outset, please understand that your choice of underwear of no concern to your employer. There is no way that I can think of that your nappy is going to affect the performance of your duties as a driver.
Secondly; unless your instructor is looking over your shoulder for the entire duration of your shift, you will be in a position to change in a toilet somewhere. Everyone is entitled to a bathroom break which will afford you the opportunity of privacy for long enough to get changed.
Get creative, you will find a way. In the event that your trainer should become aware of your slightly different underwear, I really doubt that he will mention it in a negative way unless he is completely unprofessional.
Let us know how you get on.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
I wouldn't be using packing tape to keep them secure, your going to be sitting alot... also I would just wear a Megamax because they last a long time, and I'm sure yous will stop for food or something and then if he goes inside to use the bathroom or whatever inside a shipper you can change in the back, or you can change inside whereever, but it seems like it would be hard to hide it from them because there only going to be 3 feet away from you. I wouldn't tell anyone. No one is going to care unless you smell. Just stay clean and change often and use a quality diaper and stay hydrated.

Rapture said:
I’m not sure if there are any truck drivers in this group, but I could use some help. In hopefully a few weeks if not less I’ll be out in training to be a truck driver. It’s been a dream of mine since I was kid. A few things to know about me before I continue because I feel they are important in this case. I first experienced wearing diapers when my mom put me in one when I was 14 for wetting the bed continuously. Later explored them more in high school and beyond. Didn’t really get into them until a few years ago. Because diapers at Walmart are not as comfortable as the ones now you can buy online. Now I wear them 3-6 times a week. So I’m not 24/7, and I’m not sure if I could ever be. Part of me wants to, but just not sure at this point. Lots of variables to consider. Sorry I may be going a bit off the subject. I’ll be on a trainers truck for up to 6 months. I am not incontinent, but I do often enough wet myself during sleep because I am such a deep sleeper. This is a bed, I’ll most likely be sharing in the truck with the trainer. I’m not worried about wearing them when I have my own truck. I can hide them pretty well as I often wear them in public. So here are few general questions I have in regards to the company in which I am currently applying for and some for the training portion.

Do/should I tell the company? How are they likely to react? Will they ask me to provide a doctors note? Can I even get one since I’m technically not incontinent. Is a there any way to keep it hidden from them? What should I do if I’m approached by the company?

Do/Should I tell my trainer? How are they likely to react? How do I even begin to explain my fear of wetting their bed to them without them just picking up another trainee instead? Is it possible to hide it from them?

Hiding might be difficult for me. I had this same conversation with my therapist a few months ago. She advised me to try on pull ups. I bought some northshore ones, and tried them at home here. Unfortunately, they did not pan out and I ended up soaking my bed. So I need to wear tab style ones. And those when taping can be loud. I also secure the tabs with packing tape to make sure the tabs don’t come undone. This can also be very loud when I am doing it. So I’m not sure hiding is even possible. I want this more than anything, but I fear my sacrifice to not be able to wear one when I need one is going to be too much for me to handle. But if I have to choose between wearing a diaper or being a truck driver I already know I’m gonna go be a truck driver cause I know eventually I’ll be back in a diaper. I’m just afraid of what happens if I make an accident on their bed. Like deathly scared.

I don’t know, maybe I’m over thinking this. Anyways if anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
these are not easy black and white style questions to reason. it really comes down to your comfort level with who knows and who doesn't know. one thing i do know stress and anxiety will make things worse and increase the possibility of accidents (wetting). while interviewing for employment i don't think you need to have a conversation with HR about being a BW. if you do i can't see where they can ask for proof of your condition like a doctor's note. Notes are needed when you are out sick for long periods of time or hurt on the job. I don't know trucking but what i do know you will most likely be on the road on your own so wearing diapers day and night shouldn't be an issue and actually will enable you to be more productive (fewer breaks). i keep work professional myself. i do not socialize with coworkers so i have no need to share anything personal with coworkers. now as far as being with a trainer for 6 months in a truck sharing the cab and bed that is tricky. i would wear diapers to bed for sure to avoid the possibility of a wetting accident. a wet bed would be embarrassing and can't be hidden. change and stuff like that can be done privately, however storage of your diapers that could be the hard one. once assigned and you get to know your trainer it might have to be a conversation you have with him or her. your employer can not make this an issue after the fact for there is the Americans with Disabilities Acts. even though you don't wet every night there is that possibility so a diaper and bed protections should be used to be safe. having the conversation most likely will not be as bad as in your head you might even learn you are not the only wearing diapers on the job. so as far as interviewing for a job it isn't something you need to bring up. address that later if it should become an issue after you are hired. good luck happy driving and try not to worry in general people are respectful. the important part is going for a career you like

Reactions: Rapture
Rapture said:

You should buy what is comfortable for you if that high capacity diaper so be it life is difficult enough too put extra stress

Dry247 said:
I wouldn't be using packing tape to keep them secure, your going to be sitting alot... also I would just wear a Megamax because they last a long time, and I'm sure yous will stop for food or something and then if he goes inside to use the bathroom or whatever inside a shipper you can change in the back, or you can change inside whereever, but it seems like it would be hard to hide it from them because there only going to be 3 feet away from you. I wouldn't tell anyone. No one is going to care unless you smell. Just stay clean and change often and use a quality diaper and stay hydrated.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll keep that in mind. Still undecided as to what I will actually decide to do. As for the packing tape. I use that as an extra securement. If I don’t t the tabs seem to come undone. Also allows me to have more of a snug fit. If/when I need to use the toilet I can easily pull them down and back up. So it’s also for convenience.

Reactions: Dry247
Okay, I'll be the one to say it. You don't want to talk about your diapers to your company. There's no reason to let them know what you're wearing. Just wait until your training is complete, start driving by yourself, and then you can be padded. I wouldn't do it with the trainer around. I used to drive for Amazon, but I stopped because I learned that you can't work for your best friend. Anyways, as a former driver, I can advise to you to always keep at least one diaper on hand, hidden, and also baby wipes in case you have to go number two. And also for when you need your hands cleaned. Those times where you're stationary and might have an hour or maybe 3, those times where a diaper will be a god sent will totally sneak up on you. And if you have one in your backpack, glove compartment, or wherever, you'll be covered. Number one can always be handled by pulling over and peeing if you want, or just simply peeing in a bottle. Number two is a little more tricky. This is why you want your baby wipes. Yes you can wear a diaper, mess in it, and change at a truck stop, but you'll potentially have the smell of a messy diaper that'll be on you until you shower and maybe change your pants/shorts. If you do decide to wear diapers, when you're done, I'd use some kind of aerosol spray to mask the smell of any diaper usage, or what you can do is roll all the windows down when you're almost finished. That way, what smell was there will be reduced.

Last edited:
Antientmariner said:
Okay, I'll be the one to say it. You don't want to talk about your diapers to your company. There's no reason to let them know what you're wearing. Just wait until your training is complete, start driving by yourself, and then you can be padded. I wouldn't do it with the trainer around. I used to drive for Amazon, but I stopped because I learned that you can't work for your best friend. Anyways, as a former driver, I can advise to you to always keep hey diaper hang your backpack at least and also wet wipes or baby wipes in case you have to go number two. Number one can always be handled by pulling over and being if you want, or just simply peeing in a bottle. Number two is a little more tricky. This is why you want your wet wipes. Yes you can wear a diaper, mess in it, and change at a truck stop, but you'll potentially have the smell of a messy diaper that'll be on you until you shower and maybe change your pants/shorts.

I should have probably said that I don’t mess in my diaper. Just number 1. In all honesty as much as I want to continue wearing, I don’t see it possible during training. I do need to think of a solution for just incase i wet the bed. And I have a few ideas. Like getting those padded things you place underneath you. Just putting that on a sleeping bag. That way if I do happen to have an accident it’ll most likely not seep onto his mattress.

Antientmariner said:
Okay, I'll be the one to say it. You don't want to talk about your diapers to your company. There's no reason to let them know what you're wearing. Just wait until your training is complete, start driving by yourself, and then you can be padded. I wouldn't do it with the trainer around. I used to drive for Amazon, but I stopped because I learned that you can't work for your best friend. Anyways, as a former driver, I can advise to you to always keep at least one diaper on hand, hidden, and also baby wipes in case you have to go number two. And also for when you need your hands cleaned. Those times where you're stationary and might have an hour or maybe 3, those times where a diaper will be a god sent will totally sneak up on you. And if you have one in your backpack, glove compartment, or wherever, you'll be covered. Number one can always be handled by pulling over and peeing if you want, or just simply peeing in a bottle. Number two is a little more tricky. This is why you want your baby wipes. Yes you can wear a diaper, mess in it, and change at a truck stop, but you'll potentially have the smell of a messy diaper that'll be on you until you shower and maybe change your pants/shorts. If you do decide to wear diapers, when you're done, I'd use some kind of aerosol spray to mask the smell of any diaper usage, or what you can do is roll all the windows down when you're almost finished. That way, what smell was there will be reduced.
Ya I keep baby wipes with me in my car all the time, also my house there on all the toilets in case anyone wants to use them, also keep them in my bag whenever I go out

Reactions: Angelapinks
Rapture said:
I should have probably said that I don’t mess in my diaper. Just number 1. In all honesty as much as I want to continue wearing, I don’t see it possible during training. I do need to think of a solution for just incase i wet the bed. And I have a few ideas. Like getting those padded things you place underneath you. Just putting that on a sleeping bag. That way if I do happen to have an accident it’ll most likely not seep onto his mattress.
Yes, that's possible, or what you can also do is get a plastic mattress protector. That way if you do have a leak, it'll be protected

Antientmariner said:
Yes, that's possible, or what you can also do is get a plastic mattress protector. That way if you do have a leak, it'll be protected
I would still get a mattress protector even if not plastic , who knows who was sleeping on that

Reactions: Rapture
It sounds like you have a legitimate medical need for nighttime diapers.

Sharing the close quarters of a sleeper cab with someone for months will make it impossible for your diaper needs to be kept a secret.

If you don't wear your diaper, you'll most likely have an accident eventually, and that will really piss off your trainer because they consider their trucks their home away from home.

I would strongly suggest you consider telling your company, because they match trainers with trainees based off of needs and preferences such as smoking, pets, etc.

It's possible there's a trainer who has the same documented bedwetting issue as yourself.

Either way, if you're not upfront about it, you're going to have an accident eventually, and that's going to be an extremely embarrassing situation.

You should consider at least being upfront about it, because they're just going to find out anyways.

That way you will still get your training, and be able to wear the diapers you need for sleep.

Also worth noting, everyone in the trucking world knows about adult diapers.

Hardcore truckers wear diapers to boost their miles per hour.

It takes lots of time to find a parking spot, park, walk to a rest room, and then get back onto the road.

Reactions: Rapture, AttilaThePun and Dry247
Dry247 said:
I would still get a mattress protector even if not plastic , who knows who was sleeping on that
Truckers.😂

Dry247 said:
Hopefully nobody with "crotch crickets"! 🫢

• Haha
Reactions: KenworthW900b and Dry247
I was in the same situation as you with truck driver training. This was back in about 2008 after I retired. I still needed to work but wanted to see what truck driving was like. At that time I did enjoy wearing diapers but didn't need to wear them. So during training, I left them at home. My training lasted 11 weeks, then I was assigned a truck that I was solo in. When that happened, I took diapers with me all the time.

As far as the truck I was in when training, there were bunk beds. I was in the top bunk, trainer was in the lower. There was a heavy vinyl curtain between the sleeper and driving parts or the truck, so it should be closed to help reduce the noise and light to permit some sleep. For the bed, we had to bring our own sheets, pillow and pillow cases. I used a small sleeping bag to sleep in that could be zipped open into a comforter style blanket. If you fear wetting the bed, bring a mattress protector along and use it. If you really fear wetting the bed, thus the reason for the diapers, tell you trainer upfront.

We were on the road for long times, but there are times during the day we would stop for a meal, bathroom breaks and showers and of course fuel. Of course there were those times we had an urgent load and travelled continuously. Then we would trade off driving and sleeping until we got to our destination. But even during those times, we had to stop for food, fuel and bathrooms.

When I was in my own truck, I did take diapers with me. I was a recreational wearer but did enjoy wearing them most of the time. At night, or when I was sleeping, when I was first driving I used a plastic jug to pee in so I didn't have to walk all the way inside a truck stop. Of course there were times when I ran out of drive time and had to take my break on the road side or a rest stop. You will have to use the bathroom then too. Diapers became my friend during those times because I didn't have to leave the truck to pee. There will also be times you have to poop too. I didn't use the diaper for that, but carried a bucket and plastic liner bags with me. That part isn't fun, but necessary. Of course having wipes, hand sanitizer even a roll of toilet paper is necessary. What I am telling you is Be Prepared, it will happen if you are driving a truck.

The next thing to think about is restocking your supply. If you take a couple diapers to start with, you can hide them in your luggage or pack pack. But when they are used and you ned more, how will you get them. You can always stop at a Pharmacy or store but they come in large packages. Those aren't that easy to hide, so you trainer will notice them. If you NEED them, be upfront, honest and handle it as a normal part of your life.

I had a good time driving truck. Although I was asked to return to my previous job as a contract employee after 9 months of driving, I would do it again tomorrow. I found the hardest part of driving was being away from home and family for so long. I earned one day off for each week I was out, so I was usually out for 3 weeks at a time.

I wish you good luck and hope you enjoy trucking. It is an awesome career. You will meet so many people and the majority of them are really nice. Be safe, drive safe and enjoy the scenery.

Reactions: Rapture, diapeybabybrian and Dry247
michael1538 said:
I had a good time driving truck. Although I was asked to return to my previous job as a contract employee after 9 months of driving, I would do it again tomorrow. I found the hardest part of driving was being away from home and family for so long. I earned one day off for each week I was out, so I was usually out for 3 weeks at a time.

HOLY SHIT BATMAN! Only 1 day for every 7 on??? YIKES! I outright would work at my garage until 2-3 in the morning M-F JUST SO I wouldn't have to go within 15000 miles of my garage (I only lived 7 miles away LOL) on the weekend as you couldn't had offered me $250/hour to work every weekend! I was open a half day on Saturdays when I first started out and EVERY MORON who bought their own garbage parts but couldn't figure out how to put them on but expected you to put them on (for free) showed up, as did every single man (they were ALWAYS men!) who BUTCHERED the ever living shit out of their car or truck would show up hoping you'd fix it quickly (again, 100% for FREE!) yet they would deny they EVER even looked under the hood so first you had to figure out exactly what they were trying to do, fix that and then diagnose what the actual issue was and repair it....plus every single person who had a piece of SHIT that ought to had been crushed in the scrap yard YEARS prior would be waiting for you to open in the parking lot begging you to pass that toilet for the state inspection for an extra $20!

Well, I have NEVER taken my own steak to a restaurant and asked them to cook it, never would...... I don't lie to my Dr. as I did that once and when he found out he literally was about to send me to 300 proctologist appointments per week, for a month and I'd have to close my doors IF I ever lost my inspection license and even MY OWN VEHICLES HAD TO PASS before they got new inspection stickers so......

Like I said, couldn't pay me enough to ever had dealt with that shit on weekends....besides...the parts stores were either closed or had no deliveries..... that's 4 strikes. I should had walked away from the plate already LOL!

CptKirk

Last edited:
CptKirk said:
HOLY SHIT BATMAN! Only 1 day for every 7 on??? YIKES! I outright would work at my garage until 2-3 in the morning M-F JUST SO I wouldn't have to go within 15000 miles of my garage (I only lived 7 miles away LOL) on the weekend as you couldn't had offered me $250/hour to work every weekend! I was open a half day on Saturdays when I first started out and EVERY MORON who bought their own garbage parts but couldn't figure out how to put them on but expected you to put them on (for free) showed up, as did every single man (they were ALWAYS men!) who BUTCHERED the ever living shit out of their car or truck would show up hoping you'd fix it quickly (again, 100% for FREE!) yet they would deny they EVER even looked under the hood so first you had to figure out exactly what they were trying to do, fix that and then diagnose what the actual issue was and repair it....plus every single person who had a piece of SHIT that ought to had been crushed in the scrap yard YEARS prior would be waiting for you to open in the parking lot begging you to pass that toilet for the state inspection for an extra $20!

Well, I have NEVER taken my own steak to a restaurant and asked them to cook it, never would...... I don't lie to my Dr. as I did that once and when he found out he literally was about to send me to 300 proctologist appointments per week, for a month and I'd have to close my doors IF I ever lost my inspection license and even MY OWN VEHICLES HAD TO PASS before they got new inspection stickers so......

Like I said, couldn't pay me enough to ever had dealt with that shit on weekends....besides...the parts stores were either closed or had no deliveries..... that's 4 strikes. I should had walked away from the plate already LOL!

CptKirk
Well that's trucking

michael1538 said:
I was in the same situation as you with truck driver training. This was back in about 2008 after I retired. I still needed to work but wanted to see what truck driving was like. At that time I did enjoy wearing diapers but didn't need to wear them. So during training, I left them at home. My training lasted 11 weeks, then I was assigned a truck that I was solo in. When that happened, I took diapers with me all the time.

As far as the truck I was in when training, there were bunk beds. I was in the top bunk, trainer was in the lower. There was a heavy vinyl curtain between the sleeper and driving parts or the truck, so it should be closed to help reduce the noise and light to permit some sleep. For the bed, we had to bring our own sheets, pillow and pillow cases. I used a small sleeping bag to sleep in that could be zipped open into a comforter style blanket. If you fear wetting the bed, bring a mattress protector along and use it. If you really fear wetting the bed, thus the reason for the diapers, tell you trainer upfront.

We were on the road for long times, but there are times during the day we would stop for a meal, bathroom breaks and showers and of course fuel. Of course there were those times we had an urgent load and travelled continuously. Then we would trade off driving and sleeping until we got to our destination. But even during those times, we had to stop for food, fuel and bathrooms.

When I was in my own truck, I did take diapers with me. I was a recreational wearer but did enjoy wearing them most of the time. At night, or when I was sleeping, when I was first driving I used a plastic jug to pee in so I didn't have to walk all the way inside a truck stop. Of course there were times when I ran out of drive time and had to take my break on the road side or a rest stop. You will have to use the bathroom then too. Diapers became my friend during those times because I didn't have to leave the truck to pee. There will also be times you have to poop too. I didn't use the diaper for that, but carried a bucket and plastic liner bags with me. That part isn't fun, but necessary. Of course having wipes, hand sanitizer even a roll of toilet paper is necessary. What I am telling you is Be Prepared, it will happen if you are driving a truck.

The next thing to think about is restocking your supply. If you take a couple diapers to start with, you can hide them in your luggage or pack pack. But when they are used and you ned more, how will you get them. You can always stop at a Pharmacy or store but they come in large packages. Those aren't that easy to hide, so you trainer will notice them. If you NEED them, be upfront, honest and handle it as a normal part of your life.

I wish you good luck and hope you enjoy trucking. It is an awesome career. You will meet so many people and the majority of them are really nice. Be safe, drive safe and enjoy the scenery.

Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. I’m a bit curious if the truck was moving while you slept in the top bunk. I drove for a few months (before loosing my class A (a story for another time) for a mega carrier and I we shared the same bottom bunk. Like you I had to put a sleeping bag over his sheets. So I’m wondering if the rules have changed since last I drove 20 odd years ago. As far as taking to the trainer. I’m gonna have to feel them out. As for now I think a pad beneath me may be the best option. I hear northshore’s is pretty good. If I feel comfortable enough with the trainer then maybe I can talk to them about my situation. Just not sure about any of this. Again thank you. Sorry I didn’t write sooner. Life has just been busy. I go in to the DMV this Monday to take my class A permit test. I’m hoping yo start the following week.

Reactions: diapeybabybrian and Dry247
Rapture said:
Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. I’m a bit curious if the truck was moving while you slept in the top bunk. I drove for a few months (before loosing my class A (a story for another time) for a mega carrier and I we shared the same bottom bunk. Like you I had to put a sleeping bag over his sheets. So I’m wondering if the rules have changed since last I drove 20 odd years ago. As far as taking to the trainer. I’m gonna have to feel them out. As for now I think a pad beneath me may be the best option. I hear northshore’s is pretty good. If I feel comfortable enough with the trainer then maybe I can talk to them about my situation. Just not sure about any of this. Again thank you. Sorry I didn’t write sooner. Life has just been busy. I go in to the DMV this Monday to take my class A permit test. I’m hoping yo start the following week.
In my experience, at first the trainer would watch me drive and that counted as his "On Duty Drive Time" so when I was out of hours, so was he. Then the truck was parked and we both had out sleep break. Then after so many hours of trining, when the trainer and company was confidant in my ability to drive the truck, we took turns driving while the other was sleeping. So Yes, I slept in the top bunk while he was driving the truck. There was a safety net that had to be installed in case of a sudden maneuver that might cause me to fall from the bunk. At times we experienced bad roads that made getting a good rest impossible. But most of the time I was able to get some good sleep. There were a couple times when the dispatcher used us as a tag team on a run so tight in time that we had to keep the truck moving as much as possible. Only stopping for fuel was allowed. After three days we snuck in a 15 minute shower time after fueling. It appeared that we were going to be late for our delivery but when we arrived we found out the dispatcher was just testing us. We were actually a day early, but we passed the test. When you are in your own truck and by yourself, obviously you will be resting when the truck isn't moving. I had a good time as a truck driver and would do it again tomorrow. To me though the hardest part was being away from home, family and pets for so long. I wish you good luck in this adventure and hope you enjoy yourself.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, diapeybabybrian and Rapture
Back