Diapered at the Doctor's

babyscotty37 said:
With the extreme bullying I experienced, especially from the first to eighth grades, and all my surgeries, I developed BPD, along with PTSD. Thankfully, God has brought me a long way in the last 15 years or so. But trying to understand, and come to terms with my AB side has been a long and painful struggle.
In the early 90s, I had my right leg lengthened one inch. (Long story in just describing that whole scenario!) I was a corporate pilot at the time and had dealt with some prejudice in some pilots doing the hiring as to whether I could fly a plane safely with my ankle fused and wearing a lift on my shoe. Yet, I had an ATP, the highest-rated certificate possible. When I learned of a local doctor recently trained in a new procedure developed in Russia, to lengthen limbs, I decided to go for it. The process took much longer than anticipated to fully heal, and the lengthening process was quite painful.
All this led to a deep depression setting in. I went initially to an inpatient unit that was Christian-based to try and come to terms with my childhood and AB side. I had also recently disclosed my AB to my wife of 15 years after hearing that I wasn't the only one in the world like this after my wife had asked me if I was an AB after she saw the Donahue episode about this. At the time she asked I denied it, but had also just gotten a PC and internet, so I tried to find as much as I could to understand why I was this way.
At the Christian hospital, I was challenged about whether I was truly IC at this point, which I wasn't then, but had been in the past and now am after more back surgery in 1999. But their entire knowledge seemed based on things like the Donahue program and they labeled this as STRICTLY a sexual addiction!! At the time I didn't know anything for sure, but this bad diagnosis only further destroyed an already fragile marriage.
I already felt shame about my AB side and then they labeled me a sex addict!! Yes, there's a sexual component, but there's so much more in this for me as it started back when I was maybe four years old as a way to cope with all the physical stuff I was going through and then the bullying.
My career and my identity ended, my marriage ended and the next 15 years were very difficult with numerous hospitalizations. A local psychiatrist who was learning more about AB, and who I "really was," told me after about two years, while I was in one of my many hospital stays, that how the Christian psych hospital handled me was malpractice.
Yes, AB wasn't known at all in the medical field at the time, and is still rare for anyone to really know about it. As with many psychiatric things, people are multi-faceted, yet practitioners often fail to take the time to understand a person before throwing a label on them that can do great harm!
A few years later I had moved back to try and farm with my parents after my flying career ended. At one hospitalization a new doctor visited with me and asked me why I was there. In the conversation, I mentioned how I was struggling with my AB side. He laughed at me and said there was no such thing!! The next morning when he saw me, he apologized, after he did some research, and realized this was a "real thing."
I'm glad all of this is now a distant memory and I'm living a happy life and have reconciled the AB side of me with my Christian faith. I'm thankful I had great parents, but the rest of the world wasn't so great to me for many years.
You needed to make friends with a guy like me. I HATED bullies. Make that HATE bullies. I didn't need much of a reason to "hunt" bullies, though it had to be legitimate as there was NO DOUBT I'd set them up to fail. In other words, they would be coming at me, sooner or later, whether they wanted to or not! My friends all called me "The GREAT Instigator" and I was. I would NOT start a fight, but once you "unlocked" the door to the cage I was in, there was NO reclosing it! I didn't even have to know the person being bullied to defend them. You get bullied (and worse) as a youngster who can't fight back and the next thing you know you're purposefully setting bullies up to wind up locked in the same cage as you are. It never ended well for any of them.

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa and LittleTyke
babyscotty37 said:
With the extreme bullying I experienced, especially from the first to eighth grades, and all my surgeries, I developed BPD, along with PTSD. Thankfully, God has brought me a long way in the last 15 years or so. But trying to understand, and come to terms with my AB side has been a long and painful struggle.
In the early 90s, I had my right leg lengthened one inch. (Long story in just describing that whole scenario!) I was a corporate pilot at the time and had dealt with some prejudice in some pilots doing the hiring as to whether I could fly a plane safely with my ankle fused and wearing a lift on my shoe. Yet, I had an ATP, the highest-rated certificate possible. When I learned of a local doctor recently trained in a new procedure developed in Russia, to lengthen limbs, I decided to go for it. The process took much longer than anticipated to fully heal, and the lengthening process was quite painful.
All this led to a deep depression setting in. I went initially to an inpatient unit that was Christian-based to try and come to terms with my childhood and AB side. I had also recently disclosed my AB to my wife of 15 years after hearing that I wasn't the only one in the world like this after my wife had asked me if I was an AB after she saw the Donahue episode about this. At the time she asked I denied it, but had also just gotten a PC and internet, so I tried to find as much as I could to understand why I was this way.
At the Christian hospital, I was challenged about whether I was truly IC at this point, which I wasn't then, but had been in the past and now am after more back surgery in 1999. But their entire knowledge seemed based on things like the Donahue program and they labeled this as STRICTLY a sexual addiction!! At the time I didn't know anything for sure, but this bad diagnosis only further destroyed an already fragile marriage.
I already felt shame about my AB side and then they labeled me a sex addict!! Yes, there's a sexual component, but there's so much more in this for me as it started back when I was maybe four years old as a way to cope with all the physical stuff I was going through and then the bullying.
My career and my identity ended, my marriage ended and the next 15 years were very difficult with numerous hospitalizations. A local psychiatrist who was learning more about AB, and who I "really was," told me after about two years, while I was in one of my many hospital stays, that how the Christian psych hospital handled me was malpractice.
Yes, AB wasn't known at all in the medical field at the time, and is still rare for anyone to really know about it. As with many psychiatric things, people are multi-faceted, yet practitioners often fail to take the time to understand a person before throwing a label on them that can do great harm!
A few years later I had moved back to try and farm with my parents after my flying career ended. At one hospitalization a new doctor visited with me and asked me why I was there. In the conversation, I mentioned how I was struggling with my AB side. He laughed at me and said there was no such thing!! The next morning when he saw me, he apologized, after he did some research, and realized this was a "real thing."
I'm glad all of this is now a distant memory and I'm living a happy life and have reconciled the AB side of me with my Christian faith. I'm thankful I had great parents, but the rest of the world wasn't so great to me for many years.
😳😔😥

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
babyscotty37 said:
About 15 years ago I had to change therapists, and was given this young girl who I think just started seeing patients. After getting to where I felt comfortable enough, I brought up my AB, and how I've used it as a way to cope since I was about four years old. (I had several surgeries at a young age, and was extremely bullied at school for being in a back and leg brace.) At the time I was still trying to come to terms with this part of me I didn't understand.
Her reaction was unexpected. She said she could not continue to see me and discharged me from this large clinic, not even allowing me to be transferred to another therapist!! It was a very upsetting, and emotional trauma to go through.
That's horrible!

Reactions: LittleTyke
LittleTyke said:
Even if she was new and inexperienced, that reaction is SO unprofessional and despicable!
So true

Reactions: LittleTyke
ABDElsa said:
So, I've read a lot of stories from the ABDL community about wearing Diapers to the Doctor's office and how supportive and understanding they are of it, even if you're not incontinent. Most of the time they don't even say anything. If they do though I've been told to just say I wear for mental health reasons and I should be fine, luckily that hasn't come up yet.

Because of this I have been wearing to ALL my appointments, Doctor's/Dentist/Optometrist/Psychiatrist because I hate appointments, and since Diapers are basically my coping mechanism I feel a lot more relaxed and comfortable during my appointments, otherwise I'm very nervous/anxious, possibly have a faster heartbeat, and maybe a bit irritable, because like the Squidward button says "I really wish I weren't here right now"

Well today I had an appointment with disability determination services to get my blood drawn to check my A1C since I reported to Disability I have type 2 Diabetes (which is by far my LEAST FAVORITE type of appointment, because I HATE needles! I don't mind shots, but I HATE blood tests/IVs!) So, of course I was Diapered for that.

However unbeknownst to me the doctor also wanted to do a physical on me, thankfully I didn't have to remove my clothes and put my TinyTails Diaper on full display. I did however have to lift up my shirt and expose my colorful Diaper waistband. Had I known I was gonna have to do that I PROBABLY would've worn a Diaper with a plain white waistband.

Anyways, I took off my shoes and the doc did a textile test to see if I could feel him touching my toes, heels, calves, and shins. Next he listening to my lungs and heart. Then he had me lay on my back, and lift up my shirt so he can feel my kidneys, stomach etc. When he pushed on my stomach I KNOW he was unintentionally touching my Diaper waistband, I could hear it and feel it, but I just acted oblivious to it, I didn't say anything about it and neither did he. Then I stood up and he felt my spine, again unintentionally touching the back of my Diaper waistband, as I could hear and feel it again.

Lastly he had me do things like put my arms out, touch my nose, lift up off my heels and toes walk with one foot in front of the other at which point I lost balance (possibly due to being flat footed) Then he said he would send his findings and my blood test results to Disability, then he thanked me for coming in, Shook my hand, and sent me on my way. Not 1 word/question about my cute colorful Diaper!

Probably because it's none of his business, but also because it's not the first Diaper he's seen and it won't be the last. Just comes with the territory, you CANNOT be in the medical profession without seeing/changing Diapers, either full-on or in my case just the waistband, it's impossible to not encounter Diapers at some point and often. So, that's what happened this morning at the Doctor's office, and this is an erotic fantasy story, it is 152% true!

So, ADISC Community I would to hear about you Diaper wearing experiences at the Doctor's/Dentist/Optometrist/Psychiatrist/Therapist good or bad share in the comments section below and as always...stay Diapered!🧷😊

-ABDElsa ❄️🍼
I am both bladder and bowel incontinent and I would say my worst experience was when I peed and pooped my diaper right there in the office. The doctor knows about my issue and was willing to deal with the odor and provide me the products I needed to clean up.

• Sad
Reactions: ABDElsa and Constantlydamp
CptKirk said:
Outside of my "new (VA) Urologist, NOT ONE of my Dr's even seems to notice my diapers, including when it is obvious they saw them, such as when checking out that my most recent incision is healing. Dr's are PROFESSIONAL and so long as they know your history, they're not going to waste their own time asking you why you're wearing a diaper.

I honestly can't recall the last time (20+ years now) that one of my Dr's who KNOWS me made ANY statement about my diapers with 2 exceptions. One asked if I wanted to change as it was apparently wet enough that he noticed it. The other asked me what kind of diaper I was wearing, how absorbent is was, how comfortable and where to get them as his Dad just had to have severe Prostate surgery that required restructuring his bladder and removing his Prostate and all of the diapers he had tried to the point were instant leak-fest undergarments. Being I carry spares in my Tahoe, I went back in after my appointment and gave him 3 of them and later the next day he called asking where I got them.

Maybe I am fortunate, maybe not, but on this front, outside of 2 ARROGANT ASSHOLES while hospitalized (not at my "normal" hospital) thought it was not only funny to berate me but one thought it was funny to also say (to my face, accent free, with his nose almost touching mine) that the "only reason I was in HIS hospital was to suck up all of HIS drugs!". He was out cold after I HAMMERED him and I was so proud that his blood not only stuck to 2 walls and a large pool formed on the floor, but some blood spatter actually stuck to the ceiling. Much to my surprise NOT ONLY did I get in ZERO trouble, he was fired as I later learned he had been on probation due to his HORRENDOUS bedside manner. Every single nurse (and many other emp0loyees, Dr's etc. even thanked me for "hammering" that arrogant asshole. I'd do it again if I felt I had to, but that was in 2005 so those days are likely behind me and besides, I have not been able to lift weights CONTINUALLY or wind up in full fledged brawls since that point in my life.

Be honest, be courteous and respectful and the odds of you EVER having ANY issue due to you wearing a diaper is slim to none, regardless of WHY you're wearing. Besides, ANY Dr. (who isn't familiar with you) who DOESN'T ask questions is most definitely NOT the Dr. that you want or need! You NEED Dr's that ask difficult questions. If nothing else, it shows that not only that they know their job, but also tells you right up front that they give a shit about your results!

CptKirk
I too am glad you put the asshole in his place...And you should NOT have had any sorta trouble, that was justified in my book and glad the hospital agred as well! Great job!!!

Never had some nurse/etc talk to me like that, have had a couple talk to me like i was 3 years old, which is annoying.

But, i did have a physical "therapist" that tried to physically get me up and out of bed when I was in for low BP currently still very low and on epi drip, having a broken tibia that has NOT even been dealt with yet (Broke that aperantly when i was out cold/no pulse) still having an IO in my leg as well and a cathater in, and has a dialocated shoulder, I had just come back awake to my knowledge with him trying to get me up and walking...Anyhow, i did elbow him in the face being in extreme pain....Never saw him again either...and not sure why he was ever there TBH...

Also at a different hospital they tried to give me Prproanlol (lower my BP) drugs, when admitted to the ICU whilst i'm having a LOW blood pressure issue (Why i was there), had a good chat with dean of medicine and my lawyer that day.

But, back on topic.

I am always diapered anytime i'm out of the house and 99% of the time in the house, just small breaks to air out once and awhile.

But, yeah I have not hear anything from any my drs as to mentioning the diapers, not my dental apointments (some 4-5 hours and very obvious used diaper) and she knew as she started to ask aboiut a bathroom break, then stopped...

But no issues, and been in icu with diapers many times, even had to ask for extras many times as didnt pack for the ambulance ride.

All very professional, and not a big deal.

• Sad
Reactions: Constantlydamp and ABDElsa
Back