Diaper Pails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arashi

Contributor
Role
I've noticed recently that if I leave used diapers in the trash for too long before taking the bag outside to the trash they become pretty stinky. So i'm wondering if there is an adult version of a diaper pail that I can use to contain the smell. Or if anyone has come up with a DIY version, any tips, tricks, or advice is welcome!

Thanks!
Arashi

Get a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot and a gamma screw on lid for it. You will have an air tight diaper pail.

Reactions: Jim100
They make a bigger version of a diaper genie but they’re expensive. I just take out the trash twice a week lol

I keep mine in the garage so it doesn’t bother anyone.

I use one of those metal cylinder trashcans with the metal lid that opens with a foot pedal makes a perfect seal around the bag that lines the bucket. When it's full I tie it off and in the trash bin. Mine is only about 2-3ft tall so i empty it every half a week maybe a bit more. Works great for me.

Piefox said:
I use one of those metal cylinder trashcans with the metal lid that opens with a foot pedal makes a perfect seal around the bag that lines the bucket. When it's full I tie it off and in the trash bin. Mine is only about 2-3ft tall so i empty it every half a week maybe a bit more. Works great for me.

I have something quite similar, mine came in a $25 or $30 bundle (with 2 Cans, a larger and a smaller one, I use the larger one) from CostCo, but I have seen a similar bundle at a BJs as well

Reactions: Piefox
BabyTyrant said:
I have something quite similar, mine came in a $25 or $30 bundle (with 2 Cans, a larger and a smaller one, I use the larger one) from CostCo, but I have seen a similar bundle at a BJs as well
I've had mine for years and like it cause it's just a red cylinder with a shiny stainless lid. It's nice cause it doesnt look like a pail and does a good job at odor blocking.

I keep mine in my desk drawer, I don't have any other good hiding place. I do eventually have to throw them in the trash but only when it becomes a problem and stink too much, and that I have brown bags or other packaging to hide them in.

I buy rolls of scented 4 gallon trash bags to contain the smell better for each diaper and put them in a plastic storage container. The combo of the 2 does a pretty good job sealing any odors away until it time to take them out. I normally take them out twice a week. Once a week if i didnt mess any that week.

Last edited:
I just bought a diaper genie about a month ago and have really enjoyed having it. I have to take it the bag out about every day and a half. I use about one refill of bags every week to week and a half. It is worth the money to buy one! I hope this helps. I did find that buying an off-brand refill is also cheaper than a diaper genie refill.

I recently found a deal on facebook marketplace for a jannibel akord diaper disposal can. Basically it is an adult diaper genie. Continuous bag/liner. You tie a knot in the bottom of the bag, close the door and when the bag is full, open the door, pull the bag of diapers out, grab the open end of the bag and cut it off and tie the loose ends and repeat.

The diaper pail goes for close to $90 or more and a 10 pack of liners is about $70. A single liner should last 3-4 months . I wore pretty often and i am not through the first liner yet... i got 2-10 packs of liners and the pail for $50.

The nice thing is if you happen to have a messy diaper or it gets smelly, you can take it out... as the bag is custom length.

swimkid said:
I just bought a diaper genie about a month ago and have really enjoyed having it. I have to take it the bag out about every day and a half. I use about one refill of bags every week to week and a half. It is worth the money to buy one! I hope this helps. I did find that buying an off-brand refill is also cheaper than a diaper genie refill.
The opening in the diaper genie is too small for the diapers I wear. I've been looking for an alternative.

I use BOS bags , I get them on Amazon, they cost like 15 bucks for a box of 60 of them I get The ones meant for Diapers. Yes this is an extra cost to me but there are a couple of factors that make this necessary first off is that I live in a building where I’m not the only person that uses diapers and the rules are such that we have to double bag this kind of garbage anyways so I mail you something that works awesome. I can leave one or two messy diapers and one of these bags in my bathroom for like two days and it won’t smell. The other factor is that my state is getting rid of the use of plastic bags like the ones at grocery stores and now even though I have a month left before this changeover happens with this coronavirus thing going on I can’t really risk going out and getting a shit load of plastic bags just to use for diaper disposal so I guess I will have to make that switch permanently right now.

ykdprdave said:
They make a bigger version of a diaper genie but they’re expensive. I just take out the trash twice a week lol
Where I’ve purchased one but putting an adult diaper in it das like using a hammer up get it in.

Jim100 said:
Where I’ve purchased one but putting an adult diaper in it das like using a hammer up get it in.

theyre advertised at pretty much any home health supply store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back