DiaperSWAG

From Cleveland, Ohio
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
So I bought a diaper genie for my nursery and probably a bad idea because they are obviously for baby diapers. Has anyone modified the opening to fit adult diapers? I have been rolling up my used diapers almost like a hotdog to fit or not rolling them up at all and just stuffing them in.

I have not modified a diaper genie. I have a Akord/Jannibel diaper disposal system... it is basically a diaper genie with a much larger hole. I found mine on Facebook marketplace, just search Adult diaper pail. I got mine for $50 with about 17 liners. The pail new is $100 and those liners are probably that much too. I found my AB buddy in WA one one facebook too.

diapernh said:
I have not modified a diaper genie. I have a Akord/Jannibel diaper disposal system... it is basically a diaper genie with a much larger hole. I found mine on Facebook marketplace, just search Adult diaper pail. I got mine for $50 with about 17 liners. The pail new is $100 and those liners are probably that much too. I found my AB buddy in WA one one facebook too.
Hmmm i guess i could always sell this one i got and look for one on marketplace, oh and i am from ohio also.

I've got a korbel 26ltr one and fits adult nappies fine. Obviously the capacity isn't great but much better than anything else I've had before. What I would take into account is where you are going to put it and the space you have too.

babydoug said:
I've got a korbel 26ltr one and fits adult nappies fine. Obviously the capacity isn't great but much better than anything else I've had before. What I would take into account is where you are going to put it and the space you have too.
I have another bedroom that i am turning into like my nursery/ABDL room

Reactions: babydoug
I just have a brabantia bin with push lid - 30l volume, perfect for adult diapers and holds the smell too when you place a perfume thing on the inside of the lid (it's designed for it)

Save your plastic grocery bags and use them to dispose of used diapers. Been doing it for years. No smell and just toss in the trash.

Reactions: quartz200420012
There's not much to "modify" on the Diaper Genie. The diameter of the opening is set by the ring with the bags in it. Adult diapers fit through it, you just have to push them in rather than dropping them. I also have the janibel, but I just put tall kitchen bags in it.

DanielW said:
sadly, plastic bags have been banned where I live. I have to buy mine now - no more free diaper disposal bags here
Same here, I have to buy the cheapest bags for trash cans here too. The ones from Brabantia are way too expensive so I use a supermarket brand that's a bit bigger but works just as fine. (for the record the bin I use is not a diaper pail, it's just a regular kitchen oriented trash can with a lid to push on that opens wit ha spring mechanism, but it keeps the odour away for the most part.

Diaper pails like Sangenic (what is promoted here) are too expensive in bags and this one doesn't allow regular bags.
The Akord/Jannibel one does however and would prove a suitable candidate. But my mom got pretty upset when even mentioning the word diaper pail so I had no other choice but to get a more generic alternative.

Agecomfort has an adult version on sale, not cheap but not a bad price either.

I'd look into these too, less expensive and would work great. Just line it with a garbage bag and you're set. Would be fine if you only wet your diaper.

Last edited:
If you guys have cats or know someone with cats, kitty litter buckets with lids are pretty good. And empty ones are free in most cases. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Attachments

• 71u83JedF1L._AC_SX522_.jpg
    71u83JedF1L._AC_SX522_.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2
my dekor diaper delux works like a charm

Back