Diaper/Accidents at camp

Have you ever had an accident or diapering experience at scout/summer camp outs?

• Total voters

MaximusWolfheart

Bedwetting Diaper pup
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
Give your experience.

Ok, so this is a weird one. I think I was 13 or 14. I go to scout camp. Slept through the first night just fine I thought. When I go to make my bed, there is a big wet/yellow stain on the bed sheet. The bed felt dry, I don’t remember my cloths being wet, I just remember finding the stained sheet. To this day I’m not 100% sure if I wet, or the previous occupant of the tent had wet and the mattresses was just dry enough that I didn’t notice. I was in a sleeping bag on top of the sheet,so I may not have noticed the sheet/bed was damp, or I may have just had a accident,

I did not attend any camps or sleepovers because of my bedwetting.

I wasn’t actually out of diapers/pull-ups full time until I was about 7, almost 8 years old. We had some medical issues that just really made it difficult for me to hold my bladder and combine with a very short attention span it wasn’t really ideal. Luckily most of my accidents were pee related.

My mom had talked the local YMCA into letting me participate in the youth day camp because I had older siblings that were already attending. The deal was if I had an accident and needed help changing my sister would be allowed to help me like she did at night for bedtime. Most of the time I can handle it myself by this time.

So for the first 2 years I participated in the camp I was in pull-ups full time and my group counselor (her name was Punky) was aware. She always knew what group my sister was in during each session. We would do 2-2 week session each summer. I was always in Punky’s group even though in a normal case I would have aged out to another.

Every session there was a sleepover party in the 2nd week of the sessions where they would do a field trip and then a big group movie before bed etc. There was another room where the bedwetters would sleep for the night.

I knew it was this because my brother was also a bedwetter at that time and he and a bunch of other kids would sleep in there with me and my brother asked my mom why he had to sleep in the room instead of with his friends and that’s what he was told.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
bdale said:
I did not attend any camps or sleepovers because of my bedwetting.
Were you diapered at all? How did you handle your bedwetting?

tdlrfootedpjs said:
I wasn’t actually out of diapers/pull-ups full time until I was about 7, almost 8 years old. We had some medical issues that just really made it difficult for me to hold my bladder and combine with a very short attention span it wasn’t really ideal. Luckily most of my accidents were pee related.

My mom had talked the local YMCA into letting me participate in the youth day camp because I had older siblings that were already attending. The deal was if I had an accident and needed help changing my sister would be allowed to help me like she did at night for bedtime. Most of the time I can handle it myself by this time.

So for the first 2 years I participated in the camp I was in pull-ups full time and my group counselor (her name was Punky) was aware. She always knew what group my sister was in during each session. We would do 2-2 week session each summer. I was always in Punky’s group even though in a normal case I would have aged out to another.

Every session there was a sleepover party in the 2nd week of the sessions where they would do a field trip and then a big group movie before bed etc. There was another room where the bedwetters would sleep for the night.

I knew it was this because my brother was also a bedwetter at that time and he and a bunch of other kids would sleep in there with me and my brother asked my mom why he had to sleep in the room instead of with his friends and that’s what he was told.
What type of diapers were you wearing?

i was sent to a camp to fix me of my feminine ways aka gay. they like to shame you there. there was a handful of us that were bedwetters. they made sure everyone knew we were.

• Sad
Reactions: diaperkool
MaximusWolfheart said:
What type of diapers were you wearing?
During the day it was mostly Huggies pull-ups or Pampers Trainers (before easy-ups existed). Nighttime was normally a pampers diaper that it was one of my sisters chores to make sure I was in them and ready for bed at night.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
I went to summer camp for a couple weeks a year growing up (mid-late 90s). I distinctly remember the forms we had to fill out the first summer, which said something to the effect of 'we strongly advise bedwetters not attend camp.' I was 11 that first summer and still not reliably dry. I never used protection, but when traveling or staying over friend's houses I used the desmopressin nasal spray. Other than that it was soggy sheets for me most nights at home.

I was OK if I didn't have much to drink at night, and I thought I would be ok without the nasal spray. Plus I would have had to travel to the camp nurse in the dark to go get it since it needed to be refrigerated. Well, I ended up soaking my sleeping bag on the very first night and having to wake up the cabin counselor at 6am. He was not pleased, but was able to help me remove the bedding, get showered/a dry sleeping bag. No one else in the cabin ever mentioned it but I find it hard to believe no one woke up as we were dealing with it.

Desmopressin was my nightcap for the next 13 evenings :LOL:. I dried up over the next 2 years but even when I was 15 and at camp I would religiously avoid water after dark.

Alastair said:
I went to summer camp for a couple weeks a year growing up (mid-late 90s). I distinctly remember the forms we had to fill out the first summer, which said something to the effect of 'we strongly advise bedwetters not attend camp.' I was 11 that first summer and still not reliably dry. I never used protection, but when traveling or staying over friend's houses I used the desmopressin nasal spray. Other than that it was soggy sheets for me most nights at home.

I was OK if I didn't have much to drink at night, and I thought I would be ok without the nasal spray. Plus I would have had to travel to the camp nurse in the dark to go get it since it needed to be refrigerated. Well, I ended up soaking my sleeping bag on the very first night and having to wake up the cabin counselor at 6am. He was not pleased, but was able to help me remove the bedding, get showered/a dry sleeping bag. No one else in the cabin ever mentioned it but I find it hard to believe no one woke up as we were dealing with it.

Desmopressin was my nightcap for the next 13 evenings :LOL:. I dried up over the next 2 years but even when I was 15 and at camp I would religiously avoid water after dark.
I'm surprised you weren't in diapers during that time. Would have been better than wet sheets no doubt.

MaximusWolfheart said:
I'm surprised you weren't in diapers during that time. Would have been better than wet sheets no doubt.
Most bedwetters in the 90s were not wearing protection. But yes, I wish!

Reactions: jamiejamie
tdlrfootedpjs said:
During the day it was mostly Huggies pull-ups or Pampers Trainers (before easy-ups existed). Nighttime was normally a pampers diaper that it was one of my sisters chores to make sure I was in them and ready for bed at night.
I was already strongly a DL at that age and think I would have been in heaven, but I can understand if you had different feelings towards it. Did you mind wearing Pampers at that age or did it bother you at all?

Alastair said:
I didn't get any either :/ just wet beds

Reactions: jamiejamie
Alastair said:
I was born in 1990. I was a bedwetter and a pants poopers. Goodnites came out in 1994 and I spent most of my childhood then in those and Huggies, lol.

I was an every night wetter for quite a while.

In the last day of a sleepaway I went to camp going in to fourth grade, a cabin-mate found my extra goodnites.

I saw him at the same camp three years later and he told one of my friends “in fourth grade ADBCDE peed in his pull-ups!”

My parents kept me in Goodnites, and then until I started boy scouts halfway through 5th grade when I was 10. At that point I was still an every night wetter.

They felt like I was too old at that point to still be in pull-ups at night and that I would be made fun of in Boy Scouts.

They got me a bedwetting alarm but it didn’t really do me much good. It helped a little—it turned me in to a 4-5 nights a week wetter.

I still soaked my sheets just about every night. And when I started Boy Scouts, I continued to periodically wet my sleeping bag, in turn having to hide it.

Fast forward to summer after fifth grade. I was sleeping over at a friends house. This friend was my same age, and I’d known him since kindergarten. As it so happened, this friend also wore Goodnites (although he was only a very occasional wetter compared to me).

Neither of us—or our other friends—ever judged each other for wearing them. I think it’s actually sort of why we were such good friends. It’s was a common thing to bond over.

At the point of this sleepover I had been out of nighttime pull-ups for about six months—but still frequently wet the bed. Meanwhile my friend was still wearing them even though he rarely wet the bed. (Like seriously of all the years I’d known him and had sleepovers with him, I’d NEVER seen him wake up with a wet Goodnite. Evidently he must have needed them though because he wore them through at least the beginning of middle school. Still—just weird that throughout the probably 30+ total nights we’d spent together between Kindeegarten and Fifth Grade, he never woke up wet. Maybe I brought him good luck lol.)

Anyway, I wake up in the middle of the night to find I soaked his bed. I was so embarrassed and called my mom to come pick me up. I didn’t even tell him I’d wet the bed. I just left.

That friend never talked to me again after that.

I lost a lifelong friend all over something that could have been prevented if I’d just been kept in nighttime pull-ups because I still needed them.

I relived that night (and still do) and often thought about “what if I’d just been truthful with him and asked him to borrow one of his pull-ups” “what if my parents never stopped buying them for me? Would I still have my best friend?”

Later that summer, I went on my weeklong first Boy Scout summer camp with my new troop.

To my surprise, my tentmate had a package of Goodnites in his trunk and confessed he still we the bed. I’d been sharing tents with him the past five months and never knew! He still wet his bed every single night at this point. But meanwhile all this time he’d been keeping his sleeping bag dry because he wore protection for his bedwetting—while I (the occasional Bedwetter) was embarrassed and found out multiple times because I did not wear anything to prevent me from soaking g my sleeping bag… and those of the other kids next to me.

This again made me realize I could have totally still been wearing them this entire time and not been found out of made fun of.

I also went to a weeklong summer camp every summer starting the summer before second grade. I wore pull-ups at night my first three summers and was never found out.

But the summers before 6th and 7th grade, I didn’t wear any sort of pull-ups, but did wet my bed a couple times. Super embarrassing!

I continued to sporadically wet the bed until middle of 8th grade until one day it just all went away for good.

In hindsight, I wish my parents would have kept me in them—at least when I was away from home—until 8th grade.

It could have saved me my lost friendship, and saved me the embarrassment of some occasional wet sleeping bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiaperedG
tdlrfootedpjs said:

Did you or your brother ever talk to the other kids in that room and find out about each other’s secrets? Or just from your mom later?

I personally had to deal with bedwetting and diapering at scout camp a few times as I was a bedwetter in my teens and I wet the bed several times during my first week long stay at scout camp.

abcde12678 said:
Did you or your brother ever talk to the other kids in that room and find out about each other’s secrets? Or just from your mom later?
Mostly we knew each of us was in the room for a reason but other kids had other issues that needed to be monitored as well. So not all of them were in the room for bedwetting.

But looking back on it I would say that’s what a majority of us were.

No one really talked about it as we were kept busy enough that we weren’t given the opportunity. Mostly because of my mom is how we knew, but it wasn’t later. She didn’t have any problems telling us why we slept in the separate room from the rest of the campers.

southeastlittle said:
I was already strongly a DL at that age and think I would have been in heaven, but I can understand if you had different feelings towards it. Did you mind wearing Pampers at that age or did it bother you at all?
I really didn’t know any different at that point because I had never been out of diapers/pull-ups. I was sheltered quite a bit due to the medical issues and babied a bit by my mother due to it as well.

As well as have alway been emotionally immature, it just seemed like I just did what I was told at that point.

annie said:
i was sent to a camp to fix me of my feminine ways aka gay. they like to shame you there. there was a handful of us that were bedwetters. they made sure everyone knew we were.
That’s horrifying. I’m so sorry 😞

Back