Developing my own tech

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm wanting to try my hand at building my own tech, batteries generators, and odd bits and ends. Anyone know how to do any of this and could help point me in a way to learn this for myself.

Grab a soldering iron, a few dozen breadboards, and a big old book of electrical engineering .

Need to start with binary logic, work your way up to binary math, and sooner-or-later building your first circutes once you have a firm understanding of how to use basic electronics parts, and all the math + logic that makes them work .

Last edited:
Breadboards?

KryanAshford said:
Breadboards?
HERE is an example ... it's how you prototype and test circuits before you build them .

Reactions: SillyLiam
That is pretty open ended.
I'd recommend picking some starting project to act as an end goal. Something you actually want to do. Then figure out what you'd need to actually be able to make that happen and kinda work backwards from there.
Learning about analog and digital circuitry is a good start. While I won't disagree that having a grasp of the theory is useful, I feel like you can start playing around without pounding 3 years of electrical engineering coursework into your brain first. Depending on your actual area of interest and what you are trying to do, you might be able to get away with just the basics for a long time.

If you're thinking of something like robots and automated machines, I would take a look at an Arduino. It's pretty easy, all you need is a breadboard circuit and a few wires. Loads of tutorials on this sort of thing too :)

While I like the idea of my own droids, no, I'm was looking into batteries and generators. I want to see if I can build one.

Back