Sleepybrandon

Ninja Cook
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Today coolness seems to only about being viral and popular and how many hits and likes and how "influential" you are because you are a tide pod or walked outside of a moving vehicle with no driver. Let me issue you the definition of cool when I was young. A REAL challenge and brag right You had this or even were defeated by this entei shiny card then you were the coolest most awesome kid of the year.

What is coolness to you?

51KHooGTdVL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyokodl and Left
To me, this kid is the epitome of cool. 😛

portable.jpg

In all seriousness, being cool is having confidence. If you're not afraid to admit the things you like, you're cool in my books! 😎

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Blathers, LittlePrince, tiny and 4 others
I love this post, both the gameboy and the shiny pokemon card are very very cool

I think I would have to pick that absurd wrist deck holding from yugioh, you can swipe a card out of it and the deck moves up a little and then you slam the card down on the slot and it suddenly appears in the air! Coolest. Thing. Ever.

• Love
Reactions: Blathers
I'm not sure why defining "cool" is in gaming but oh well. When I was a kid my idea of cool was typically sunglasses and leather jackets. Most of the kids I was in school with would say that breaking rules, standing again authority and dressing punk were cool. But you could only pull it off if you were good looking. In middle school there was a group of boys that swore gangsters were cool, but with how small our town was I highly doubt they've ever even seen a real gangster.
At this point in my life I'd say what's "cool" is more a matter of individual preference than anything else. Some people may find a new game like The Last of Us 2 cool while others aren't interested or don't get the point. A pop fan might think Taylor Swift is cool while a metal fan may think she's lame.

Definition of cool is me :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Blathers
Reactions: dynodoggo
The King himself. Elvis Presley 🎵🎶🎵🎼🎹🎙🎸🎹🎼🎵🎶

4799b698ce71856a16ee51d3baa22be8--cool-motorcycles-vintage-motorcycles.jpg

Reactions: dynodoggo
Cool. For me in school was my 68 firebird, jeans with wide belt with buck knife on belt, flannel shirt and jean jacket in winter, concert shirts in summer, timberland boots and a dime bag in pocket. 😂

Last edited:
Sleepybrandon said:
What is coolness to you?

If "coolness" is the subtle art of not-giving-a-shit, Diogenes (the ancient Greek philosopher) was pretty "cool". Sooooort of...

He renounced his wordly possessions, and would beg for money or pick through the rubbish. He lived in a large barrel, like Oscar the Grouch. (Ohhhh... I've just realised Oscar must be based on Diogenes! Surely?!)

He slept when and wherever he felt like it... in the middle of the street... in his pot in the marketplace... And had the same approach to defecation and masturbation. He would poo wherever he liked, even if he was mid-conversation. He masturbated in public, and... if he didn't like what someone was saying, he would start urinating on the other person, or at least in their general direction. He spent much of his time in the company of dogs, rather than humans.

Yet he also relentlessly heckled other philosophers and leaders, leaving them speechless at his intelligent wit. Despite his risky political criticisms and antisocial behaviour, he became begrudgingly respected as a philosophical genius.

According to myth (and paraphrased a little), Alexander the Great asked to be taken to Diogenes, and found him sunbathing in his usual begging spot. He steps forward, casting a shadow over Diogenes, yet is barely acknowledged. Taken aback, Alexander says, "Wise Diogenes, I am the great and mighty Alexander! You may ask me anything. Is there anything within my power that I can do for you?"
"Can you give me sunlight?"
"Er... No. Of course not Diogenes."
"Then step aside. You're casting a shadow."

Impressed with his bravado, Alexander laughs, returns to his men and says, "If I were not Alexander, I think I'd like to be Diogenes!"
Diogenes calls out, "If I were not Diogenes, I also think I would like to be Diogenes."

Balls of steel! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ade and Marcella
Excellent post, Tiny.
With reference to Horrible Histories, I've managed to get the full set of Star Stories: bathed in coolness 😎

Police Squad is similarly cool; I've got the full series of that, too (yep, all six episodes!) 😎
Leslie Nielsen [still] is definitely cool.

Reactions: tiny and BobbiSueEllen
All I am gonna say is "LET IT RIP"

:p if you know you know <3

• Haha
Reactions: dynodoggo and BobbiSueEllen
Silly bands, webkinz, and bakugan were the coolest XD
1590121845047.png1590121930611.png1590121969195.png
I miss my pug 😥 he was smelly tho haha

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back