Dealing with the smell

trainingbriefboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hi everyone. I’ve only recently discovered that I might like wearing a diapers. I bought training briefs and I love the feeling. I am hesitant to wear and use diapers though mainly because of the smell. If I use my diaper at work, will my coworkers smell it? I would be so embarrassed if the people around me smelled it.

Stay well hydrated, change before you're completely soaked. It shouldn't really be noticeable to others under your clothes if you're sensible about it. If you are wearing regularly you'll want to consider trimming 'down there' as hair has high surface area and will retain more smell than just your skin.

Reactions: AJFan2020 and trainingbriefboy
It’s great to hear you’ve accepted your interest in diapers and on here. Assuming your only on about wetting and not the other, you will be fine. You are best off with active fit or PE backed plastic disposables as these have better odor control and I also find them better from leaks. My preferred ones are Tena Slip maxi active fit, fairly good absorption for daytime use and not too bulky. They do different absorptions to suit your needs. Good luck with your diaper wearing!

Another thing you could do is using some kind of fragrance on the absorbent part of the diaper. I have used baby powder and it completely overpowers any urine smell.
If you don't want to smell like baby powder you could try applying deodorant to the diaper before putting it on.

I wet my diapers all the time at work, and have been wet for as long as 12 hours. I use 2-4 drops of baby powder scented oil in my diaper plus baby powder to keep my smelling fresh and clean, and not offensive with pee-pee diaper odor. Just Google scented oils, there are many choices from different companies and fragrances. You don't have to choose a baby powder fragrance, but seems like the natural choice for me. The fragrance will not cover up a messy diaper, you will simply smell like you have messed your diaper with baby powder fragrance mixed in. I don't mess in public though, but if I am in a diaper, you can be assured that I am wet.

• Urine smell is influenced by your liquid intake. Caffeinated drinks will give off a stronger odour. Drinking more water and less caffeine will result in less smell. Basically, the more healthy your liquid intake, the less odour your diaper will have on average.
  • Baby powder helps absorb moisture and somewhat smell.
  • Baby oil can add scent to cover the smell, but is also incompatible with some plastic diapers, so tread carefully on use.
  • Plastic pants can help stifle smell... but can also add bulk and be noisy.
  • A properly taped diaper creates a good seal not just for preventing leaks but also smells. Put effort into knowing a proper tape job.
  • Also on this note, using clothing to seal your diaper against you (like onesies) can add the seal of the diaper fit to your body if you're moving around and want to better conceal both the smell and bulk.
  • Changing diapers regularly can help reduce smell. The smell will get stronger the longer your used diaper lingers around. On this point, try to wrap up your diaper in closed bag when disposing in a public place, otherwise it'll get stinky in there.
  • Change out of messy diapers promptly if you are doing that. This isn't just for smell, but also reduces exposure to harmful bacteria causing infections and is better for your skin.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude
Back