Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Cycling while wearing diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

F84

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello. I'm an incontinent cyclist, and besides getting chaffed on longer rides (10+ miles, usually), I've run into the problem of my pants falling down and exposing 4 inches of my diaper. I usually wear a belt, but I would like to be able to wear shorts with elastic waist bands. Does anyone have solutions for this besides onesies?

I think a onesie would be perfect. What objection do you have to that?

as another cyclist i would recomend bib shorts. they look like overals and cant roll down. i find them more comfortable anaway

Reactions: Blekyss
It would help to know what kind of cycling and at what intensity you're doing it. That could make a lot of difference between what you should be wearing. In general though as a mountain biker I couldn't bare to think about combining diapers with biking; it must be so uncomfortable

Topex said:
It would help to know what kind of cycling and at what intensity you're doing it. That could make a lot of difference between what you should be wearing. In general though as a mountain biker I couldn't bare to think about combining diapers with biking; it must be so uncomfortable
I ride mountain bikes, hardcore stuff, but I usually wear baggy shorts for that with a belt. I prefer bikes with very wide Q-factors, so it isn't too bad. I also do touring and commuting, which is where my troubles come from (not to mention the chaffing that comes from doing a hundred miles a day). I can't stand bib shorts (with my gut, you can forget being 'aero'), and I'd like to wear my normal cloths when I commute. I would wear a onesie, but I need the extra ventilation when I ride, because I need to keep physical stress to a minimum.

PupTreble said:
as another cyclist i would recomend bib shorts. they look like overals and cant roll down. i find them more comfortable anaway
I don't like bib shorts. I am autistic and wear only two things: jeans with a sweatshirt or hoodie, and shorts with a t shirt.

I know you may not like the suggestion of bib shorts, but it does seem like the best option. My other suggestion which could work if you are that against bib shorts is suspenders. It'd be a bit of a hack but you'd be able to keep your normal shorts held up, it'd be discrete under a t-shirt, and it wouldn't be temperature-sensitive

Topex said:
I know you may not like the suggestion of bib shorts, but it does seem like the best option. My other suggestion which could work if you are that against bib shorts is suspenders. It'd be a bit of a hack but you'd be able to keep your normal shorts held up, it'd be discrete under a t-shirt, and it wouldn't be temperature-sensitive
Great idea on the suspenders! I haven't thought about that yet. I've got to do some shopping!

F84 said:
Great idea on the suspenders! I haven't thought about that yet. I've got to do some shopping!
I can't guarantee it will work as I've never tried it or heard of it being done, but logically it makes sense and seems to solve the problem while maintaining your current attire. Hope you can figure it out!

F84 said:
(with my gut, you can forget being 'aero')

If you ride a 'bent, it's called an "aerobelly," and is found on most serious recumbent riders. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: F84
My one semi pro biker friend uses pull-ups when biking as he sweats more when biking

I am not a hard core biker but I wear compression shorts over a pull up and shorts.

I find that if I'm riding and wet, I can only be slightly wet or the action of sitting on the seat and the left and right legs going up and down basically causes the diaper to leak. Wearing shorts with a tucked in shirt solves the 'diaper ride up' problem so it's not showing.

I usually wear double cloth diaper, pull-on pvc plastic pants and a onesie underneath a pair of cycling shorts. I make sure I use an extra shot of powder also.

Last edited:
I was out mountain biking today with a friend (rode about 20k of single track) and I couldn't even imagine how uncomfortable wearing cloth diapers, plastic pants, and a onesie would be underneath my jersey and shorts in even the 23°C weather. I was pretty soaked in sweat by the end and riding really hard all the way through, and think cloth diapers would be way to hot and the plastic pants would have rubbed so much, plus the onesie would have been drenched and dripping with sweat--very uncomfortable. I think that's really overdoing it

Last edited:
Topex said:
I was out mountain biking today with a friend (rode about 20k of single track) and I couldn't even imagine how uncomfortable wearing cloth diapers, plastic pants, and a onesie would be underneath my jersey and shorts in even the 23°C weather. I was pretty soaked in sweat by the end and riding really hard all the way through, and think cloth diapers would be way to hot and the plastic pants would have rubbed so much, plus the onesie would have been drenched and dripping with sweat--very uncomfortable. I think that's really overdoing it
Never tried mountain biking; just riding about town casually, all day didn't have any chafing/rash/sweat problems.

chuck said:
Never tried mountain biking; just riding about town casually, all day didn't have any chafing/rash/sweat problems.
I could understand it being okay for casual riding, but the OP specifically mentioned intense mountain biking and commuting

Last edited:
Topex said:
I could understand it being okay for casual riding, but the OP specifically mentioned intense mountain biking and commuting
ok

I've come to learn that wearing anything more than cycling-specific clothes for a decent mountain bike ride is asking for trouble. Also, padded cycling bibs rawk 😁, I was against them initially but now I won't use anything else. I'm interested to hear feedback for the suggestions from the OP.

Reactions: chuck
I have issues with leaking continuously when I ride, which is different from my usual urge incontinence. I've read that it's not uncommon. I tend to ride hard, and I don't wear a diaper or pad, but any urine that leaks just looks like more sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back