Curious about AB side

naivrecroisiere20

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've always been a lifelong DL but I've recently became quite curious about the AB side and might want to try some stuff.

What do you recommend starting with? At the moment, I'm wearing an ABU Little Kings diaper and sitting with a huge Djungelskog stuffed bear. So that's a start.

Reactions: littledreamers333, killahB, Cottontail and 3 others
Onesies! For me, buttons popping over my diaper puts me immediately in little space.

I have my own mantra in French.. BCD!
Mean: Body, Couche, Doudou (Onesie, Diaper and Stuffy).

Try simple things you are comfortable with. Like wearing an overall with a not too childish onesie over your diaper. It's invisible, not wierd but you know that you're small 👴

Reactions: medfet878, BobbiSueEllen and mistykitty
naivrecroisiere20 said:
I've always been a lifelong DL but I've recently became quite curious about the AB side and might want to try some stuff.

What do you recommend starting with? At the moment, I'm wearing an ABU Little Kings diaper and sitting with a huge Djungelskog stuffed bear. So that's a start.
it sounds like you're already on the way there. plushies, theme print diapers, and character clothes are definitely a usual start how far you want to go is up to you. i have some onesies and a lot of plushies and some printed theme clothes and diapers so thats some of the stuff i have. in my thoughts theres no real point to start from just start surrounding yourself with stuff that makes you feel comfortable and small again.

Last edited:
Reactions: medfet878 and BobbiSueEllen
If you're just getting into it to try, just do stuff for headspace. Coloring and putting the picture on the fridge is a good one.

Idk how you feel about scary movies, but squeezing and hiding behind stuffies for the scary parts works for me ^^'

Reactions: BenNevis, medfet878, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
If only I could make up a Family Feud list of things that are important in the well-being of a baby... 🥳

Diapers are, of course, at the tip-top, and plastic pants are right with 'em. Then there's wipes, lotion, diaper rash ointment ("sundries"). Clothes are third, bottles & binkies fourth, teddy bear/stuffie is fifth, blankie sixth, toys seventh. There's your basic core.

Then things get pricey: high-chair, crib, rocky-horse and so on. You can get a lot of happiness out of the basic core. I'd tell you in-person but I'm happily sucking on a binky like a good little girl. That's #BabyLife 🤗🥰🥳🧸🍼🧷🧷🚼

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iluvdps2, lilbabyjooce, BenNevis and 2 others
BobbiSueEllen said:
If only I could make up a Family Feud list of things that are important in the well-being of a baby... 🥳

Diapers are, of course, at the tip-top, and plastic pants are right with 'em. Then there's wipes, lotion, diaper rash ointment ("sundries"). Clothes are third, bottles & binkies fourth, teddy bear/stuffie is fifth, blankie sixth, toys seventh. There's your basic core.

Then things get pricey: high-chair, crib, rocky-horse and so on. You can get a lot of happiness out of the basic core. I'd tell you in-person but I'm happily sucking on a binky like a good little girl. That's #BabyLife 🤗🥰🥳🧸🍼🧷🧷🚼
i wish i could afford get some of that other stuff right now but so far: plushies, diaper stuff, and onesies are the best i can do. also i'm in an apartment so i have limited space to :(.

naivrecroisiere20 said:

I've been a DL for a long while. It's only been recently for myself that I've started to dapple in the AB side of things, too!
I took the plunge and ordered a pacifier and bottle (should arrive tomorrow). In the meantime, of course wearing diapers, but I've been figuring out what that elusive "little space" is for me.
I think it happens, but for the smallest of moments.
I had lunchables and a juice pouch the other day, that was quite fun and I think I felt a glimpse of what "little space" could feel like. It made me smile.
I like someone's above suggestion about coloring and putting on the fridge. I may have to try that, too.

• Love
Reactions: medfet878, Fredsmart and BobbiSueEllen
Well, babies are expensive...and big babies even more so. There's things you can do to help save some money on it but in the end, "you gotta pay the piper if ya wanna be in diapers". Thrift stores are your friend for some clothing you can improvise or modify. If you can handle real baby bottles & pacifiers, great! If not, it'll cost a bit more for your size. You can build your baby empire over time, too...after all, real babies get 2-1/2 years in diapers but you get much, much more! Oh, goody!!! 🥳🥰

I'd be rather happy in an apartment: privacy and much more room than just renting a bedroom like I am now. 😟

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, BenNevis, medfet878 and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Well, babies are expensive...and big babies even more so. There's things you can do to help save some money on it but in the end, "you gotta pay the piper if ya wanna be in diapers". Thrift stores are your friend for some clothing you can improvise or modify. If you can handle real baby bottles & pacifiers, great! If not, it'll cost a bit more for your size. You can build your baby empire over time, too...after all, real babies get 2-1/2 years in diapers but you get much, much more! Oh, goody!!! 🥳🥰

I'd be rather happy in an apartment: privacy and much more room than just renting a bedroom like I am now. 😟
the space restraints are mainly because i have someone renting my spare bedroom from me. i've been helping them out and if they were not here i'd have the necessary room for more stuff but right now their part of how i afford this place. i know that cost is unavoidable and i am adding to my stuff over time but it just hard because all of it looks so fun to have that waiting is hard. the difficult part also is i still have to be discreet he knows i'm transitioning m to f and that doesn't bother him but he doesn't know about the abdl stuff (or if he does he has never confronted me). i have to doing my best to keep it discreet even though i wish i didn't have to.

Last edited:
mistykitty said:
the space restraints are mainly because i have someone renting my spare bedroom from me. i've been helping them out and if they were not here i'd have the necessary room for more stuff but right now their part of how i afford this place. i know that cost is unavoidable and i am adding to my stuff over time but it just hard because all of it looks so fun to have that waiting is hard. the difficult part also is i still have to be discreet he knows i'm transitioning m to f and that doesn't bother him but he doesn't know about the abdl stuff (or if he does he has never confronted me). i have to doing my best to keep it discreet even though i wish i didn't have to.
Ah! That explains loads. Discretion, as always, is indeed the better part of valor. 🥳

I wish the baby life was cheaper...diapers 🧷🧷 are never easy. I improvised some clothes from thrift stores, shortalls were modified to snap-crotch for $15, my labor. Onesies, rompers & dresses 👗 were bought on Etsy with a mind on thrift...the only binkies I love are the adult Mams on eBay, which average $15 each (bought in fours to mix/match shield/button colors) and I modify baby-bottle-shaped 25-ounce sport water bottles 🍼 to take Nuk rings & nipples. Toys 🛻🪆🧸 I buy occasionally, I luckily got a free girls' pink/white Little Tikes toy chest. Plans call for a full-size-mattress crib...I made a me-sized high-chair, which cost $200 in wood, hardware, clasps, tray, straps and paint (need to have "Bobbi Sue Ellen" and heart decals made for it). Much of my toddler empire, such as it is, took work, money...and time. Patience & opportunism on that last one.

Keep at it...you'll get there. 🤗🥰

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty
It's really nice to hear you being open to your little side and having the chance to explore and experiment a bit! :)

I would say the full complement of AB things is something which you take time to build up as you play around and realise what you might like or make little space easier (e.g. a onesie with a fun print to a) look very cute, and b) keep your nappy in place). In terms of starting small, I would suggest getting a stuffie or teddy which becomes special to you as one of the first things to do to build up your little side.

I say this as its relatively easy to do, a one-off cost and if you choose the right stuffie and look after them properly, they will look after you, always at your side and ready for a snuggle! And, having a stuffie is a very easy way to slip into little space during times you might not be able to have all the other things to help you feel little.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Ah! That explains loads. Discretion, as always, is indeed the better part of valor. 🥳

I wish the baby life was cheaper...diapers 🧷🧷 are never easy. I improvised some clothes from thrift stores, shortalls were modified to snap-crotch for $15, my labor. Onesies, rompers & dresses 👗 were bought on Etsy with a mind on thrift...the only binkies I love are the adult Mams on eBay, which average $15 each (bought in fours to mix/match shield/button colors) and I modify baby-bottle-shaped 25-ounce sport water bottles 🍼 to take Nuk rings & nipples. Toys 🛻🪆🧸 I buy occasionally, I luckily got a free girls' pink/white Little Tikes toy chest. Plans call for a full-size-mattress crib...I made a me-sized high-chair, which cost $200 in wood, hardware, clasps, tray, straps and paint (need to have "Bobbi Sue Ellen" and heart decals made for it). Much of my toddler empire, such as it is, took work, money...and time. Patience & opportunism on that last one.

Keep at it...you'll get there. 🤗🥰
i have onesies, plushies, and some other stuff but never thought to look at thrift places i'll have to do that. i really hope i can have my own place at somepoint (that doesn't include a roommate or if i do an abdl roommate) that allows me to get more stuff like what you have because what you have sounds so amazing and fun.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
naivrecroisiere20 said:
Sounds fun! :) My first baby items, after diapers, were pacifiers. Bottles followed soon after. As with all things, some trial and error will be involved. My current favorite pacifiers are actual toddler-sized baby pacifiers (MAM brand) with adult-sized nipples (from LittleForBig) installed, but if you're just starting out, you might try both baby and adult pacifiers as-is before mixing and matching parts. I work from home, and my stress level definitely drops a notch when I have my paci in. Of course, I spit it out as soon as I get a Skype call from the boss, heh.

There's a lot going on in the bottle world, too. I haven't tried any adult-sized bottles, but I have several of both the Comotomo and Tommee Tippee baby bottles. These have large domed silicone tops which are meant to mimic breasts. I really enjoy warm drinks from them, but I did have to enlarge the holes in the nipples. One of these days, I'll get around to trying an adult-size bottle nipple.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Back