Constipation

diaper12321lover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Even with incontinence one can get get constipated. What do you use to help you poop

I’m a firm firm believer in the enema bag that’s always my go to first thing and then suppositories.

At times I do strain my self especially when I have not pooped in several days. I did today I could have used the enema but it was at work and my stomach had been upset so I figured just go into the bathroom and push and push and I went it wasn’t a lot but it was enough to help my stomach ache.

What’s everyone’s go to for constipation.

Reactions: paul484819
My doctor has me on Mirilax /lactulose 1 hour before I eat ,it doesn’t “ help” it cures my obstipation by making me go 6 X’s a day .

well, i'm on a lot of pain meds, and as such have issue with OIC and also some other drugs that cause issues, and with that, i have some scripts that i have for it, but quite often will just do an enema as it's faster and more reliable for me.
My body processes things very slow, meds often take a lot longer than usual to get into my system and i think the 13 different scripts i take daily all have interactions and cause issues in many ways.

but, an enema works reliably and fast, so long as you dont do anything over the top with any additives or plugs or alike i feel they are a decent way to help out with constipation.

But as always, let your dr know about them, and how many times you need/use an emema as it can be/cause symptoms to change and effect other things that may cause issue in your diagnosis and health in ways that only a good medical professional will most likely take into consideration.

I myself try to take as little meds as i can, and despite currently having 13 scripts (actually needed that number the other day for some paperwork) i will and have stopped with meds that dont help or cause more issues that i want to deal with, of course tell dr first, but i've stopped many meds over the years that i no longer take at all and really only have the needed ones.

Enemas are my daily go-to solution for constipation. I self-administer daily enemas by doctor's prescription for severe chronic constipation and neurogenic bowel. I mean old-fashioned enemas from a hanging rubber enema bag. I appreciate that they are 100% effective and administered in the privacy of my home at a time of my choosing.

Reactions: diaper12321lover
I usually use miralax/docusate or an enema for constipation. I take meds that cause me constipation sometimes. I usually have regular BMs in the morning, so if I don't go by the afternoon, I will take a dose of miralax or a stool softener. If it's the next day, I have to use an enema to make myself go.

As a long term opioid user for pain mediation I’ve often had opioid induced constipation. My gastroenterologist got me started using generic Mirolax, polyethylene glycol, after I had severe blood loss about 10 years ago, near my duodenum, resulting in my hospitalization with less than 6% hemoglobin. To the Mirolax I’ve added oatmeal, whole wheat pasta and bread, and Greek yogurt for gut health and to keep things moving. Anytime I can I opt for whole wheat and high fiber foods as well.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
jdinvirginia said:
Enemas are my daily go-to solution for constipation. I self-administer daily enemas by doctor's prescription for severe chronic constipation and neurogenic bowel. I mean old-fashioned enemas from a hanging rubber enema bag. I appreciate that they are 100% effective and administered in the privacy of my home at a time of my choosing.
All I use is mt hanging bag as well. I do keep a fleet in my diaper bag just in case for some reason I might need it when I’m out and about

Reactions: Poundinguy
Back