Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
My semester recently started again and this time I have online courses that don't require my camera to be on, don't require zoom, and are do it at your own pace. It has me thinking of the idea of starting to wear when I'm working on my coursework so I can just keep working. I'm still going to have to refrain from wearing at work though due to still being in food service job. I'm just looking for input on this because I don't get good internet in my bedroom so the difficult part would be having to work on my coursework in a shared area. I'm just trying to figure out if there's anyway I could wear without bothering him or if I just have to continue with the only wearing on days that I'm around and he isn't. It would make completing assignments easier but I can't be a bother to him either. I am trying to get my own place so I don't have to worry about a roommate but for now I have to figure out how to handle these situations while having to deal with one.

Reactions: KBoy and Cottontail
From your previous posts, it sounded like your roommate was ok with ABDL. If that's the case, I'd expect any reasonable effort to be discrete about it would suffice. I work from home and overlap my little time with my workday. It's obviously not the most "little" thing to do, but the alternative is to spend far too little time in diapers and end up all angsty, which would ultimately strain my relationships.

Really, your roommate should be happy about your wearing diapers. It'll probably make you nicer to be around. :)

Reactions: artemisenterri and KBoy
Cottontail said:
From your previous posts, it sounded like your roommate was ok with ABDL. If that's the case, I'd expect any reasonable effort to be discrete about it would suffice. I work from home and overlap my little time with my workday. It's obviously not the most "little" thing to do, but the alternative is to spend far too little time in diapers and end up all angsty, which would ultimately strain my relationships.

Really, your roommate should be happy about your wearing diapers. It'll probably make you nicer to be around. :)
I should've clarified something on several of those posts that was an oversight on my part, he's ok with it when I keep it to my room. He does not like it around him.

mistykitty said:
I should've clarified something on several of those posts that was an oversight on my part, he's ok with it when I keep it to my room. He does not like it around him.
Hmm. In that case, it might be better to spend the $30-40 and get a WiFi range extender! You might not do your best work if you're having to worry about whether your diaper crinkles or pokes out.

Reactions: artemisenterri, KBoy and LittleTyke
Cottontail said:
Hmm. In that case, it might be better to spend the $30-40 and get a WiFi range extender! You might not do your best work if you're having to worry about whether your diaper crinkles or pokes out.
Ironically I have one but my apartment has thick concrete walls they block the signal. I do understand what you are saying though, it's no so much about worry so much as it is about fairness since it's a shared area. Maybe you're right though it's just better to deal with the bad signal.

mistykitty said:
Ironically I have one but my apartment has thick concrete walls they block the signal. I do understand what you are saying though, it's no so much about worry so much as it is about fairness since it's a shared area. Maybe you're right though it's just better to deal with the bad signal.
Yeah, where's the "ho-hum" reaction emoji when you need it? I expect it would ruin everything to have your living arrangement turn toxic. Working, going to school, and keeping eyes peeled for private living situations are all heralds of better times ahead.

Hopefully not too far ahead. :)

Reactions: artemisenterri, KBoy and mistykitty
mistykitty said:
How about using a good old-fashioned Ethernet cable? I'm aware that young people nowadays seem to want everything to be wireless. Even charging of various stuff, even though that typically adds an unnecessary power loss.

Going low-tech for a bit can often solve issues. Whenever possible, I much prefer a wired network to scattered range extenders.

Regarding the actual topic: It would be respectful to keep your kink to your room whenever your roommate is around.

• Love
Reactions: artemisenterri, PadPhilosopher and KBoy
LittleTyke said:
How about using a good old-fashioned Ethernet cable? I'm aware that young people nowadays seem to want everything to be wireless. Even charging of various stuff, even though that typically adds an unnecessary power loss.

Going low-tech for a bit can often solve issues. Whenever possible, I much prefer a wired network to scattered range extenders.

Regarding the actual topic: It would be respectful to keep your kink to your room whenever your roommate is around
I am respectful of him. He knows I wear but though I'll wear around him but I will not use or do anything little unless 1. he's not here, 2. i'm locked in my bedroom.

Reactions: LittleTyke and BBBen
LittleTyke said:

Regarding the actual topic: It would be respectful to keep your kink to your room whenever your roommate is around.
Exactly the question I was going to ask and you beat me to it.

Being wired for internet access also provides faster response to requests and has less lag than using wireless. I recently upgraded from barely 16mpbs cellular service to 1gbps fiber service... Wired is definitely better than wireless, when the option is available.

Reactions: LittleTyke
You can extend the range of the router with a modulated signal over the mains network (as long as all the house shares one mains distribution board), so you don't need to run an ethernet cable from the router. You run ethernet from the router into one adaptor into a mains socket near the router, and run ethernet out from another adaptor from a mains socket in your room. Also avoids the problem of trying to boost wifi signals through thick walls.

Search on Amazon for "tp link powerline adaptor" for example, and see what options on power and speed of boost you can get. Some also give a wifi boost as well as ethernet. (TP–Link make some of the best, I use them in the UK.) Note: spell it "adapter" if in the US!

Reactions: artemisenterri
pierrelebleu said:
Search on Amazon for "tp link powerline adaptor" for example, and see what options on power and speed of boost you can get. Some also give a wifi boost as well as ethernet. (TP–Link make some of the best, I use them in the UK.) Note: spell it "adapter" if in the US!
They're a bit more problematic in the States than in the UK because of our split 120/240V wiring, but they might still be worth a try. The 120V "hot" wire in one room might not be the same one used for wiring an adjacent room. That is, they might be connected to opposite terminals on the transformer outside. Large transformers are amazing at filtering out high frequencies, so no network signal is going to make it from one hot to the other. There are special "bridges" that you can install across both hots to fix this issue, either in the electrical panel or where some 240V appliance is plugged in.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
They're a bit more problematic in the States than in the UK because of our split 120/240V wiring…
Ah, useful technical info, thank you. I'm not familiar with power systems in the US, so my suggestion probably only holds for the UK. Apologies!

Last edited:
Reactions: artemisenterri and Cottontail
pierrelebleu said:
Ah, useful technical info, thank you. I'm not familiar with power systems in the US, so my suggestion probably only holds for the UK. Apologies!
Oh, those things still work here, you just have to be a little luckier.

I had to do a two day training course for my last job via whatsapp with ten other people, I was wearing a thick nappy with a booster under my clothes.

I did wear so I would not have to stop to go to the toilet even with the camera open, because it just shows over the waist

Back