Connecting with Local ABDLs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobbiSueEllen said:
Aye, there was the rub. There were no AB/DL groups existing in my locale at the time way back in 1999-2000. šŸ˜¢
How about now?

daddyconnor said:
How about now?
More than likely not for me. I'm in my 50s now, nobody wants to be around a middle-aged AB, it seems, it feels like a young person's game anymore. The only AB/DL people I know and trust are in Canada, that's a ways off...and my summers are wall-to-wall busy. Plus there's this wheelchair...so that's why I'm here: I have some contact with the AB/DL world and a few online friends. That helps a lot. So...I just keep rolling in this phase of AB/DL life...for now.

Reactions: daddyconnor
BobbiSueEllen said:
More than likely not for me. I'm in my 50s now, nobody wants to be around a middle-aged AB, it seems, it feels like a young person's game anymore. The only AB/DL people I know and trust are in Canada, that's a ways off...and my summers are wall-to-wall busy. Plus there's this wheelchair...so that's why I'm here: I have some contact with the AB/DL world and a few online friends. That helps a lot. So...I just keep rolling in this phase of AB/DL life...for now.

I know the feeling of being in the middle aged range. Ihave not had the exxact same experience. Granted I am a daddy (like a 100% not switch) natural daddy type. So that may be why my age isn't a major factor. There are the TNG groups that are 21-35... but they aren't mean or closed off to people our age (I am in my mid 40's).

I do now that age isn't a significant factor if you have a friendly outgoing disposition and are very relaxed. Its worked for me and my little who is also my age.

I also have four littles that I regularly sit for... they are all above 35 year old. My little... Jon is in his mid 50's. Play with him every chance I get. He is a blast. But I met all these littles at local munches. in Richmond. I'm just trying to say that age is not the barrier that people make it out to be.Be nice and young at heart. They will like you back.

The wheelchair issue I feel on a personal level. I was reliant on one for months after a terrible motorcycle wreck. I know it can be a pain, but if you are attending an event just ask the organizer if it's wheelchair accessible. Great thing about these young kids, they are all about social justice and inclusive diversity.

BabyTyrant said:
I'm kind of on the fence if I should connect with ABDLs in my area

On the one hand it would be nice to have people in person to connect with that share my ABDL interests

On the other hand, in real life I am not quite as social as I am online, and I tend to overthink things and think about all the ways things can go wrong

I dont even know if I could go forward even if I attempt to connect to someone in my area

And then theres the problem of even if I could, I dont drive and public transportation is very hit and miss
Let me say this I've been to events and made a few other friends also doesn't hurt to go and socialize listen to the first event I was and I was so nervous like I want to leave but it doesn't hurt to make friends or try to make friends okay I think everyone maybe feeling the same way it doesn't hurt to make friends in the community as you know I feel but then why I've been so friendly with others but with and maybe might work out

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Itā€™s one of these things that people get nervous about because itā€™s unfamiliar and new to them, so get cold feet... itā€™s also difficult to get a critical mass of people to sustain a ā€œsceneā€ locally.

In reality, most others you meet will be relatively ā€œnormalā€ people who share an unusual interest, and it can be easier than meeting people in other scenarios as you have something in common from the start. But you have to be a bit wary as well, as with any ā€œkinkā€ interest thereā€™s probably a greater risk of encountering sexual predators and people with major skeletons in their closet. So tread carefully, avoid going alone to meet people who havenā€™t been vouched for by someone else, and if it doesnā€™t feel right, walk away.

Yeap, I've run into a couple of "desperately horny" types before, for sure. The best thing about taking a chance on the Campout group was that we're all pretty real, especially after having skimmed off a little slag...like the camper who broke all the rules of discretion, took pix without our permission and outed us all. Yeah, they're out there.

ChocChip said:
Itā€™s one of these things that people get nervous about because itā€™s unfamiliar and new to them, so get cold feet... itā€™s also difficult to get a critical mass of people to sustain a ā€œsceneā€ locally.

In reality, most others you meet will be relatively ā€œnormalā€ people who share an unusual interest, and it can be easier than meeting people in other scenarios as you have something in common from the start. But you have to be a bit wary as well, as with any ā€œkinkā€ interest thereā€™s probably a greater risk of encountering sexual predators and people with major skeletons in their closet. So tread carefully, avoid going alone to meet people who havenā€™t been vouched for by someone else, and if it doesnā€™t feel right, walk away.

Yeah, I am not looking for anything sexual, just to hang out in a public place and maybe talk

If I do get into a relationship at some point, I would be looking for a Mommy, other than that I would strictly be looking to hang out and talk.

I am not the type to jump right into things and would have to meet with someone publicly and get to know them before anything further happened at any rate

BabyTyrant said:
Yeah, I am not looking for anything sexual, just to hang out in a public place and maybe talk

If I do get into a relationship at some point, I would be looking for a Mommy, other than that I would strictly be looking to hang out and talk.

I am not the type to jump right into things and would have to meet with someone publicly and get to know them before anything further happened at any rate
Well yeah, but even if you arenā€™t looking for anything sexual, thereā€™s no guarantee the same thing applies to someone youā€™re meeting. It would be easy to stumble into a threatening situation with someone who has different expectations of a meeting to yourself, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

Sometimes it is a whole plethora of things that effect turnout.
- date of the week. Saturdays in the winter work for me, but often not in the summer months (april to oct) as I am either doing a wedding, or wanting to go to the drive-in
- frequency - sometimes hosting a monthly munch on a predictable date is good... like 3rd saturday of each month.

It really is a hit or miss for some areas and for some people.
I always reply to any person asking whoā€™s coming to an event, or the ā€œwill there be girls thereā€ - I donā€™t control or count who or what kind of people show other than asking people who have caused issues to not attend. I also make my events strictly vanilla clothing as to not scare away people who are uncomfortable with being out in their little attire
ā€˜

Reactions: daddyconnor
BobbiSueEllen said:
I know right! I wanted nothing more than to meet others like me when I was younger so I could understand all of this. I'm still young enough and just barely getting into stride with my 40's, and now nobody wants to meet up with me any more either. Isn't that the whole point of sharing our experiences and wisdom with others- and what we sought ourselves- so they don't have to repeat what we went through?

Where from solmo Wisconsin hear I just. 40

Isanythingreal33 said:
I am the same way...I have seen a few others in my area, and while the thought of having someone to hang with while enjoying diapers sounds amazing, it also sounds absolutely terrifying!
feel that never had that happen yet and im new to this just found out im abdl

im new to this and just found out im part of the abdl. really looking for people to connect with adn meet up with and talk with

I kinda wish I knew some ABDLs that live near me in real life so I could possibly meet up with them. They probably could be my friends so I wouldn't have to feel like I'm getting desperate for attention.

I've done lots of meetups. So far, I wouldn't say I've really "hit it off" with any other ABDLs, but that's not to say I haven't enjoyed meeting them, or that I wouldn't do it again. It's always fun to put faces to names. If you haven't done a munch, I'd recommend it. None of the ones I've been to have been at all awkward. Everybody's been very discreet and respectful--no baby clothes or diapers sticking out, for example. (Although, as you'd expect, diapers and baby things are often discussed, and if you're not accustomed to discussing those things IRL, that might be a little awkward the first time.)

Last edited:
Any abdl that live in hull?

ChocChip said:
Well yeah, but even if you arenā€™t looking for anything sexual, thereā€™s no guarantee the same thing applies to someone youā€™re meeting. It would be easy to stumble into a threatening situation with someone who has different expectations of a meeting to yourself, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.
Where abouts in the uk are you from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back