Clueless in a Onesie

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I finally gave in and bought two onesies to maintain discreetness when I need to go out prepared for IBS-d. The onesie fit fine and all was well until I got home. I decided that it was safe enough to enjoy another coffee, since I was not planning to go out again. That was ok but that caused me to need a BM, for which I immediately went to the bathroom for. That's where the trouble began.

After I undid the onesie, I sat down and had the requisite BM. I immediately suspected something was wrong when I smelled more than I should have smelled. It turned out that I had neglected to keep the tail of my onesie out of the toilet! So half of the sh*t went into the bowl and the other half landed on the onesie tail! Being alone at the time, the next challenge was getting the onesie off without spreading sh*t all over my backside. In the end, it was a horrible mess. I had to take a shower, which normally would be no big deal except that my wife had left cat litter pans in there from the morning. So I took the shower with them there... oh what a fiasco!

So after soaking affected garments, I immediately loaded them into the wash machine. Next time, I'll pull the onesie tail around to front and snap them together before letting the BM rip! It seems so obvious in hindsight!

• Thinking
Reactions: EcoIncon, Woncrinklz and Edgewater
Not alone....

• Sad
Reactions: slimjiminy and Edgewater
Adding new stuff to the routine can lead to more to learn. The circle never ends! I haven't ever worn one, but thank you for saying something.

Reactions: Ceary and slimjiminy
slimjiminy said:
I finally gave in and bought two onesies to maintain discreetness when I need to go out prepared for IBS-d. The onesie fit fine and all was well until I got home. I decided that it was safe enough to enjoy another coffee, since I was not planning to go out again. That was ok but that caused me to need a BM, for which I immediately went to the bathroom for. That's where the trouble began.

After I undid the onesie, I sat down and had the requisite BM. I immediately suspected something was wrong when I smelled more than I should have smelled. It turned out that I had neglected to keep the tail of my onesie out of the toilet! So half of the sh*t went into the bowl and the other half landed on the onesie tail! Being alone at the time, the next challenge was getting the onesie off without spreading sh*t all over my backside. In the end, it was a horrible mess. I had to take a shower, which normally would be no big deal except that my wife had left cat litter pans in there from the morning. So I took the shower with them there... oh what a fiasco!

So after soaking affected garments, I immediately loaded them into the wash machine. Next time, I'll pull the onesie tail around to front and snap them together before letting the BM rip! It seems so obvious in hindsight!
Luckily I thought about this at the last second when I started wearing onesies. Almost dunked the tail into the toilet water myself. I always make sure shirts are pulled up but the onesie flap hangs down lower. What I do is tuck the tail up underneath the back of the onesie, so it is held against my back. My onesies fit snug so this works for me. I think if I had the experience you did I would just bite the bullet and order a new onesie. That sounds like a horrible mess to have to clean up.

I have a couple of them. But I rarely use them. I've found them to be overdone. If I'm out (daily - I'm a teacher) I simply use some fixation pants to secure my diaper. I don't often have BM accidents (during sleep and early morning). So if I'm at home I don't put on my fixation shorts. During the day it's just my diaper along plastic pants. It's a pain in the ass for onesie to change my diaper. But I suppose they can be helpful. I think I'm just lazy?

Reactions: Edgewater
Just wash the onesie with your diapers. Make sure you have a few of them. They are the best tool for concealing diapers and preventing leaks also.

Reactions: Edgewater and slimjiminy
The laundry seems to have come out fine. I soaked and washed away as much as I could in the bathroom. Then it was immediately taken down to the wash machine with a little extra detergent. I don't see any evidence of the mishap on the cloth. So it appears that the onesie survived. A lesson I won't forget!

Reactions: Edgewater, chuck, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Hi @slimjiminy well you sure have 'Christened' your onesie that's for sure.
(I also have to learn the hard way by my mistakes - sometimes).

On occasions my day can start like this: awake early; constipated (at times with some gut pain); change into outdoor casual male attire (plane black onesie & blue jeans); go for a morning walk to buy coffee and drink my coffee whilst walking back home.
(Round trip of nearly two hours).
Sometimes I don't make it back home with a dry nappy (my only underwear), because of diarrhea caused by the coffee and my IBS.

In any event, I am soon out of the male clothing once inside, that being the first thing I do before any required visit to the toilet and shower.
So, I rarely have a oneise on when sitting on the toilet seat.
(But I have learnt from many other types of bad experiences).

One good thing to come from your mishap is: that we can all say together now: "I'll never fall for that trick again !!"

Reactions: Edgewater, Woncrinklz and slimjiminy
Yikes!! Can you imagine if that happened in public?

PrettyLilPrincess said:
Yikes!! Can you imagine if that happened in public?
Indeed! In public that would have been a total unmitigated disaster! Everywhere I turned, I kept running into poop (so gross!). The only way to clean up was to get my clothing totally off (carefully) and shower thoroughly.

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I have a couple of them. But I rarely use them. ... During the day it's just my diaper along plastic pants.
It's mainly for the plastic pants that I need the onesie for. They have a nasty habit of showing above my waist line when I least expect it. Long shirts do ok, until they don't. Otherwise, agreed that the onesie is a pain for changing but is 100% for concealment.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Edgewater
Whew, I thought I was the only one......that washed the litter box in the shower.
Now I've never shit on my onsie tail though.

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjiminy, Edgewater and Woncrinklz
I have an Alpaca costume I got a year ago with long trailing ...scarves I think they are called(?). Well, I was savvy enough to know to unzip and take the top off. :unsure: Wrap the front around to my front as I sat.:unsure: But the darn "banner" scarf thing? Well, you know! Same thing...but thankfully I missed it, but it was still poopie-tea, thence the aversion to gain detergent afterward."To err is ...me" Lordy! So, I had to write here with a keen understanding of toilet mishaps and hanging things prior...and then post toy-toy. Monstrous. 🥺🖖

i’ve done that before except it was sitting to pee. wet but no mess

Probably happens to most people as they get used to a onesie. I've learned the hard way to tuck the tail into the leg opening before I sit down.

Been there too but a onesie is very much part of my regular wear nowadays. Hides the waistline of my nappy, keeps my sagging nappy up and generally adds to my confidence. A bit hot in summer though.

Reactions: Edgewater and chuck
When I started wearing a onesie (fantastic at keeping things in place, discreet) I had an incident as well. I was going to attend a group function loaded with friends and co-workers and I decided that this new onesie would really help keeping noises, bulges, and accidental waistband exposures down so I wore it. Everything was fine until my bladder screamed at me. I happened to be close enough to a private bathroom that was unoccupied and dove in.

I desperately wanted to remain dry as long as possible and the panic set in as I tried get through the layers of pants, onesie, and diaper. I did it, by the barest margin. Panic was replaced by overwhelming relief (almost euphoria), and I re-diapered, re-dressed, washed hands and cheerfully rejoined the crowd. Completely oblivious and big smile on my face I made the rounds with friends and co-workers. That's when I heard a VERY loud, very incredulous voice behind me "Are you wearing a ONESIE!?!"........

I'd forgotten I was, it was so new to me. I had not re-snapped it, just tucked it in like I do with all my t-shirts in my mindless robotic recovery from a near miss. I missed the tail somehow and it was hanging out behind me like a long shameful flag. Swinging in the breeze behind me in this crowd as I had meandered, mingled, and networked my way through a room of friends and co-workers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, wetnappyjon, Edgewater and 1 other person
Llayden said:
I missed the tail somehow and it was hanging out behind me like a long shameful flag.
When I started wearing onesies, I forgot to re-snap it after using the restroom a couple of times. Fortunately, the tail ended up tucked in both times. Still, there was that moment of panic as I was talking with a coworker and suddenly realized that I hadn't snapped it!

I avoided onesies for a long time because I was afraid they would make it to hard to use the restroom quickly. I make it to the toilet most times, but often with no time to spare and my bladder (or occasionally bowels) already spasming, and it's a race to see if I can get my diaper off before I have an accident. Fortunately, the onesies I use come unfastened with a quick tug, so it really doesn't slow me down.

You're right, they're fantastic at keeping things in place and discreet. I didn't realize how much I was stressing about always making sure my shirt was tucked in until I stopped having to worry about it. I've also found that I can leave the diaper waistband a little looser, since now it's the onesie holding it up, not the waistband, and that makes it more comfortable.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, slimjiminy, chuck and 1 other person
Llayden said:
When I started wearing a onesie (fantastic at keeping things in place, discreet) I had an incident as well. I was going to attend a group function loaded with friends and co-workers and I decided that this new onesie would really help keeping noises, bulges, and accidental waistband exposures down so I wore it. Everything was fine until my bladder screamed at me. I happened to be close enough to a private bathroom that was unoccupied and dove in.

I desperately wanted to remain dry as long as possible and the panic set in as I tried get through the layers of pants, onesie, and diaper. I did it, by the barest margin. Panic was replaced by overwhelming relief (almost euphoria), and I re-diapered, re-dressed, washed hands and cheerfully rejoined the crowd. Completely oblivious and big smile on my face I made the rounds with friends and co-workers. That's when I heard a VERY loud, very incredulous voice behind me "Are you wearing a ONESIE!?!"........

I'd forgotten I was, it was so new to me. I had not re-snapped it, just tucked it in like I do with all my t-shirts in my mindless robotic recovery from a near miss. I missed the tail somehow and it was hanging out behind me like a long shameful flag. Swinging in the breeze behind me in this crowd as I had meandered, mingled, and networked my way through a room of friends and co-workers.
oh no, what did you say?

Back