Cleaning lady.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Yes I have a cleaning lady. I've had her for almost 3 years. She's Polish, smart and a hard worker. And she knows about my IC. She comes in the late morning while I'm at work. When I get a delivery of diapers she brings them in and puts them in the IC closet where I keep them. I used to clean everything myself but I decided a clean lady would do a better job than me. She never talks about my IC, she simply cleans everything and puts things away. She told me she would happy to make some simple food dishes if I wanted. Eventually I told here it would be great. She just puts them in the freezer or the refrigerator. I was wondering if anyone else has a cleaning lady like the one I have? She comes once a week and my house is always clean. Do you have one like me?

Reactions: eastcoastdl, uknappygirl, Angelapinks and 1 other person
I have a cleaning guy. He has seen the products around and knows about my bedwetting and other IC problems. He doesn't cook, but he does everything else. Laundry, waters plants, washes cars.

Reactions: uknappygirl and Angelapinks
I’ve had the same home help for 47 years
cooks lovely food , does some of my washing , takes parcels in , listens to my problems
but the main thing she brought me in to the world
My lovely mum

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, Angelapinks, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
My wife is our cleaning lady, though sometimes I help (she'll scoff at the idea of my help). We both cook, but I hate cooking.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2 and Angelapinks
We have a cleaning lady, we call her our housekeeper. Does all the heavy cleaning, even washes windows. I'm sure she has seen my diapers, they are stacked in our bedroom linen closet, kind of hard to miss.

We don’t currently have a cleaning lady but years ago we did. One time I came home to find a diaper by my nightstand that wasn’t there before. My guess is that it had fallen behind the nightstand and they found it when cleaning.

At first I was kind of uneasy about them finding a diaper, but in hindsight I am appreciative of how thorough they were!

Reactions: Angelapinks
I have a cleaning person. I found it more and more difficult to keep on top of it all now I’m on my own so it’s the best way. She’s very efficient, and is aware of my IC but like @greatlake5, she doesn’t really talk about it. She has sometimes accepted deliveries of nappies when I’m out and just put them on the side for me. I couldn’t be without her though, she makes a huge difference.

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
Yes, I have had several depending on where we live. They all know about the nappies and the plastic pants. Three of them have discussed the nappies and one even made me new ones. They have all been wonderful, great at cleaning when I don’t have the time (and my wife had a big powerful city job). I have watched them take the clean nappies out of the dryer and fold them. The one we have now is not so good but it is a task I would rather pay someone younger and fitter to do. They just have to accept that there is an inco bedwetter living here.

Reactions: uknappygirl
I really wish I could get a cleaning lady for my home. The price is a big factor for me, and the fact that my diapers and incontinence would be found out by a stranger. @greatlake5 I think it shows your courage that you can have a cleaner, essentially a stranger know your secret and be comfortable with it.

Saltedcaramel64 said:
I really wish I could get a cleaning lady for my home. The price is a big factor for me, and the fact that my diapers and incontinence would be found out by a stranger. @greatlake5 I think it shows your courage that you can have a cleaner, essentially a stranger know your secret and be comfortable with it.
It is really part of the process, you invite a stranger to your home to do work you don’t want to do. It is perfectly normal that they have to know what you want done and what both of you expect. You have to be honest at the interview and say that there will be evidence of incontinence ie. Nappies etc and if they have a problem with it then the job is not for them, respect! I have never had one of my lovely cleaners object, and only one who did not partake in sorting out the washing/drying machine or making the beds. I have had one that made me nappies and another who offered to change me and a third who was perfectly happy with me walking around in nappy and t-shirt. I am always respectful and ask if they mind and I have never had no as an answer. We have one currently who does not want to know and whilst there are plastic pants hanging up in the bathroom that is the only evidence.

Reactions: uknappygirl and Saltedcaramel64
In some ways a cleaning lady would have a totally different meaning if you have a messy diaper!

• Haha
Reactions: uknappygirl
greatlake5 said:
Yes I have a cleaning lady. I've had her for almost 3 years. She's Polish, smart and a hard worker. And she knows about my IC. She comes in the late morning while I'm at work. When I get a delivery of diapers she brings them in and puts them in the IC closet where I keep them. I used to clean everything myself but I decided a clean lady would do a better job than me. She never talks about my IC, she simply cleans everything and puts things away. She told me she would happy to make some simple food dishes if I wanted. Eventually I told here it would be great. She just puts them in the freezer or the refrigerator. I was wondering if anyone else has a cleaning lady like the one I have? She comes once a week and my house is always clean. Do you have one like me?
no, just a disability support worker

Back