cheap TENA proskin good?

vriska

the littlest unicorn
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
ive been looking for a good plain medical diaper to try and i found this listing on amazon and i was completely shocked how low the price is! in older threads on here and other places on the net people seem to like tena proskin but i’m not sure based on the amazon reviews, some people say they’re not as good as they used to be. so i wanted to see what the current opinion is on them before i bought a whole case :3

You're right, that IS cheap. I'm very interested to know as well....

I believe Tena are different in US to Europe. The UK/EU Tena Proskin I find are very good and one of the cheapest in the UK currently. The Ultima are good overnight and Maxi good for daytime. I find on the lower absorbency ones the padding is a bit narrow though.

Reactions: vriska
FiftiesKid said:
I believe Tena are different in US to Europe. The UK/EU Tena Proskin I find are very good and one of the cheapest in the UK currently. The Ultima are good overnight and Maxi good for daytime. I find on the lower absorbency ones the padding is a bit narrow though.
are the sizes accurate to what the amazon listing shows? people in the reviews complain about them being way bigger or smaller than they should be. i would probably be a medium, but if they run small i’m not sure if i should order the large. and the large is way cheaper, so i’d want a reason to. but i don’t want them to be too big.

I heard the US Tena's are not that good, while UK Tena slip proskin nappies I buy are excellent and very good value for money. If I had incontience I would have no problem making them my member 1 daily nappy.

Tena Proskin in Europe is excellendt for warmer months.
Tena in US not so good.That is what I heard.

vriska said:
are the sizes accurate to what the amazon listing shows? people in the reviews complain about them being way bigger or smaller than they should be. i would probably be a medium, but if they run small i’m not sure if i should order the large. and the large is way cheaper, so i’d want a reason to. but i don’t want them to be too big.
I'm around 34" waist and the Medium are perfect for me, but for anyone 38" or more I think large might be a better fit.

I am a Betterdry customer but last year the supplies out of Germany were delayed to the States. Therefore I had to do a month with US purchased TENA Proskins. I had to double them and also needed a waterproof cover in order to get any kind of security out of them. Not so good in the States.

I've used tena proskin and wasn't really pleased with them

I wear them every night and rewear them for 3-4 nights. They’re fine for me, hold a good amount and are very quiet. I also buy from Amazon. The mediums aren’t $36 anymore ☹️ they went up to $50.

I get Tena maxi and Tena Ultima, both Proskin version as they are the only one’s available on prescription. I think they are ok, haven’t had any bad experiences with them, yet.

I love my Tena Xl super absorbency tabbed diapers. If I place 2 sposie booster pads in them, then I can wear them for more than 18 hours. But I also wear the incontrol latex rubber diaper cover over my diaper so I can totally max out my Tena. The only thing is that some Tenas don't have leak barriers. But I love the Super absorbent xl Tenas. I can't wear plastic because it rubs. I love the price per case if you find the 32 in a package on Amazon. I love them.

Back