Changing in the Office

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I kind of have developed my own method around this but love to hear what others do.
I have to go into my work office a couple days a week. I usually need to change a pad after lunch give or take. I typically scope out the shared bathroom to when no one is in there because ripping a pad out of my drawers, ripping backing off new one makes noise, makes me anxious, and I don’t want to deal with anyone asking WTH is going on in the stall lol. For Women it’s probably normal, their entire life you do this with periods etc but for guys, it’s not a normal thing by society standards.
So, anyone have tricks to keeping changing discrete?
I usually unwrap the pad ahead of time and keep it in my pocket on the way in and cross my fingers i have a couple minutes to deal with it before someone else arrives lol.
I don’t know what I would do if I had to change an entire diaper as those are not fitting in my pants pocket so guess I am lucky there.

Reactions: Neroforte
I wear 24/7 for mental health reasons now and wear MegaMax to work. My work has several private restrooms throughout the 8 story building, so I usually go into one and prepare a diaper/wipes and then change standing up against a wall. Are you changing laying down? I suck at changing while laying down but would like to get better at since it feels very babyish which I like. However, I primarily only change standing up right now, especially with tape diapers I can screw the tapes up with very easily.

Standing up works well, but I can see how it'd be tricky when in a small bathroom stall. Maybe look for a handicapped stall and do it standing up against a wall if possible. I also bring a bag with me because I'd rather not toss the diaper out in the bathroom trash because it may get noticed and I'd rather not subject the staff to that if I can help it. I just bag the diaper up with me and bring my backpack in the bathroom with me and then put the used diaper/bag in my backpack for disposal once I get home.

Now, I don't mess myself at work, and I'm not incontinent, so I can't speak for that, but I can imagine people might try using paper towels over a diaper and putting it in the trash because when nature calls, it calls. Ultimately, if you need to dispose of it, I'm sure cleaning staff have seen stuff like it before time to time.

PS: My apologies for assuming most people would be able to change standing up. I can see how standing up would be difficult for a lot of people and so that is just an option I use for now. If you need to change laying down, maybe you can find a private bathroom somewhere, or just, a handicapped stall. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperdude
iatec779 said:
I kind of have developed my own method around this but love to hear what others do.
I have to go into my work office a couple days a week. I usually need to change a pad after lunch give or take. I typically scope out the shared bathroom to when no one is in there because ripping a pad out of my drawers, ripping backing off new one makes noise, makes me anxious, and I don’t want to deal with anyone asking WTH is going on in the stall lol. For Women it’s probably normal, their entire life you do this with periods etc but for guys, it’s not a normal thing by society standards.
So, anyone have tricks to keeping changing discrete?
I usually unwrap the pad ahead of time and keep it in my pocket on the way in and cross my fingers i have a couple minutes to deal with it before someone else arrives lol.
I don’t know what I would do if I had to change an entire diaper as those are not fitting in my pants pocket so guess I am lucky there.
I was in the Army reserves for a short time. The procedure for opening a can of cider out on exercise (as we weren't supposed to drink) was to cough to cover the sound of the can popping , or in this case, the pad being ripped out. Other than that I have nothing to add since, as you say, this is much easier for girls.

Reactions: furry121, iatec779 and Ceary
I'm IC. Changing my diaper isn't easy away from home. If I had a BM accident I simply go home. I think I've only changed a messy diaper twice away from my house. I prefer to go home It's easier. I always use chlorophyll (internal deodorants) so I have at least an hour before anyone might notice. So there is some time before I change.

Having a wet diaper doesn't screw the rest of the day. Obviously, if the diaper becomes really soaked you just have to change. I've been IC since the beginning so usually I know when I might be getting the danger zone for leaking. But sometimes you get surprised (flash flood). I own a business and have my own office with my personal bathroom. So it's easier for me to just change in my bathroom. If I do have to change somewhere else, I try to be as silent as possible. Usually I pull down my plastic pants , compression shorts (toward my knees) and take off the wet diaper. Wipe and clean my bottom, pull up a new diaper and pull up my pants. Done. It's not that tough.

Changing at work is a challenge. I wear a Megamax for urinary incontinence, and I work at a company that has only one shared set of bathrooms, so I get little privacy and changing is a noisy process.

I use the handicapped stall - if it's not available when I need to change, I'll wait and come back in a few minutes. Then I wait until the restroom is empty before I pull the tapes off my wet diaper, which is the noisiest part of the whole process. Once that's done, I clean up and put on the new diaper. If someone's in the restroom I'll often wait, although if they're in one of the other stalls and might be a while I'll usually just go ahead and finish putting the diaper on. Our restrooms have those crinkly toilet seat covers, so I figure if someone hears the noise they'll assume it's that rather than guessing that I'm putting on a diaper.

Once I'm done, the wet diaper goes in a disposal bag and into the laptop bag I use as a diaper bag. I dispose of them at home so they're not visible in the bathroom trash cans.

Reactions: Omg301 and iatec779
I work 95% out of home office, but 2 time a year I have to stay a few days in our headquarters in a different country. No big deal staying in a hotel, there I'm wearing my night diaper, change in the morning and leave the used one (wrapped into a small plastic bag) in the bathrooms trashcan. For working in the office I have 2 spares (just in case, I only need one) in a small handbag, also some small plastic bags. Once over the day (early afternoon) I go to toilet with my small handbag and change there in a stall - I don't care if anyone would hear something as I'm medical IC and I have to wear protection - who should blame me for that ?!? We are an open minded company with strict directives and guidelines concerning social behavior I can rely on. I wrap up the used one, put it back in my handbag and dispose it later in the hotel trashcan.
I'm quite discreet about my wearing, I'm quite sure nobody of my colleagues remarks anything - but if it would be, no issue, I would simply explain my medical condition and that's it, there is nothing to be ashamed of! At the hotel never anyone said anything, of course I'm discreet, I wear protection that ensures the bed keeps dry, and what's in my trashcan nobody has to think about!

Reactions: iatec779 and Petya217
Fortunately there are private WCs at work. My work routine is to put one or two inserts inside my diaper/nappy and just change those once or twice in the working day. But I always keep a few extra disposables locked away as well as a pack of pads just in case I'm too soaked. Although I have had very rare messy accidents that's never happened at work and I really feel for those people who have that problem. I guess I'd cope but I'd be tempted to make a run for home.

Had to change in my car was not fun but yeah need it

• Wow
Reactions: wetnappyjon and Jorelaxed
Neroforte said:
Had to change in my car was not fun but yeah need it
I can't even imagine having to change a messy nappy in the car

wetnappyjon said:
I can't even imagine having to change a messy nappy in the car
Sometimes don't have choice mate lol

Reactions: wetnappyjon
This is my changing room at work , my truck cab which is a sleeper so has curtains I can pull for discreetness
C50782FA-93FD-4A8B-A1A2-6283F69BCCB8.jpeg

Musician touring I know the feeling

My office has a separate handicapped/family restroom on every floor. I just take my backpack and got change.

The only uncomfortable situation is if the restroom is already in-use and I have to stand I the hallway waiting.

Back