Cavities in my front teeth

Katie2fingers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Could it be from my pacifier?. I have a nuk 5. I'm scared...

Probably not, Katie. I used a pacifier for dozens of years. It might cause your teeth to form around the pacifier, but cavities, no, unless you are putting sugar on it... LOL

You're not that young. I'm in my mid 40s and while I look like I'm 22 or even younger, I've lost several teeth and several of them have died off. I didn't even need to see a dentist because some fell out on their own. I have 28 teeth left.

I have a feeling I'm going to be nicknamed "chip" very soon because of my chipped teeth. LOL.

- longallsboy

Reactions: Cottontail
Yeah, I'd also tend to doubt it. Sorry about the cavities, though. Ugh. :( If you're not already using something like a Sonicare, it might be time for an early Christmas present, heh. I got mine about ten years ago, and I'm sure it's no coincidence that I haven't had a cavity in ten years. Took me a bit to get used to it, though. I'm ticklish everywhere.

Reactions: longallsboy
Unfortunately once the cavities form it's too late for preventive care. Once the cavities are filled and taken care of then start preventive care. An unhealthy mouth can lead to other health issues.Listening. I can't say enough good things about it. Use it twice daily for at least one minute of vigorous sloshing around and gargling. I know it burns but it's well worth it.
I use a mouthful in the morning while getting dressed for work then brush my teeth. Again at night while getting ready for bed. By doing things and keeping yourself preoccupied while gargling it distracts from the burn and time flies.
While I have 2 partials from past teeth neglecting (thanks parents) I haven't had to do a major dentist visit in years. My mouth is clean and I have 0 cavities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fhenngreat
There are also underlying issues that can have an adverse effect on your teeth aside from sugar itself. I have had issues with very bad acid reflux over the years and I have so many spot fillings that my dentist has actually recommended that I have my doctor up my medication. And this is all with regular brushing combined with a fluoride mouthwash and enamel strengthening toothpaste. It doesn't help that even with insurance; just a simple checkup/cleaning at a dentist costs a fine penny.

Reactions: Scott729
I also use Nuk5 since years and have no cavities in my teeths... I just have my upper front teeth that moved say 1mm maximum to let some space for the paci... Nobody can see it, even my wife! But I feel the small difference with my tongue...

Cavities must be filled quickly to avoid a painful hole quite soon. I lost a few time in my life what the dentist put in the cavity (maybe 2-3 times) after approx 15-20 years of usage and I repaired it ASAP to avoid any future pain. The good is that it took 20 minutes, no anestheasy because they don't need to drill deep (was painfull maybe 5 seconds) and cost less (but well, dentist are anyway overpriced).

Good luck. I still have my 32 teeths at near 59! I'm lucky

Back