Capcon

Katie2fingers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I keep watching for when the next Capcon is but nothing yet. I want to stay in the motel in a handicapped room so I'm on the lookout. It would be I'm all ready to go this year for the first time and it was cancelled because of covid, it would have been this weekend I think. I'm just so excited that I can be me for the weekend, diaper bag and all!

Reactions: siysiy, Traveller and SecretBabyBoy
I was planning on going this year if it is held. ☹️ I’m ready to actually meet real people in the community.

There is still Teddycon in November :)

Reactions: Traveller and SecretBabyBoy
Another question, I would be coming with my BFF. and I really want to enjoy Capcon to the fullest. She will be doing all my care, butt when I'm in the play room, or nursery, she may need help transferring me like to a highchair or to get on the floor from my wheelchair because there might e a lot of transfers. With so many guys around, would they help?

Capcon was on my bucket list for this year, unfortunately isn't happening, maybe next year

• Sad
Reactions: Lyokodl and SecretBabyBoy
Squidmyst said:
Capcon was on my bucket list for this year, unfortunately isn't happening, maybe next year
It’s a huge bummer. It would have been my first time. 🥺

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Lyokodl and Traveller
Katie2fingers said:
Another question, I would be coming with my BFF. and I really want to enjoy Capcon to the fullest. She will be doing all my care, butt when I'm in the play room, or nursery, she may need help transferring me like to a highchair or to get on the floor from my wheelchair because there might e a lot of transfers. With so many guys around, would they help?
Honestly, you should not count on anybody who is not with you and has previously agreed to assist you to be available. Attendees should honestly be able to take care of themselves or have a caregiver. Not to say that there is not people who are in charge of handling emergencies at the events (people do get injured or have health episodes that may require attention)

Katie2fingers said:
without going into too many details because of personal reasons. let me say that I know both exactly where you are coming from and exactly what is on the line for a second party in this situation....and the short answer to your question is, this could be tricky and rough. The general rule in a situation like this is only let trained personnel be involved in transfers because of the dangers of physical lifting. Idk your likelihood of running into a jacked nurse, PT, PTA, etc. in Capcon. and as you know transfers aren't just about "I need a strong guy" the reality of "I need equipment like gait belts, (BRING A GAIT BELT) mechanical hoists, two people who know how to team lift etc. are really really important here. Having a stranger lift you is honestly letting someone set themselves up for a lawsuit.

Reactions: Traveller, Seasonedcitizen and WillFord384
Katie2fingers said:
I'm thinking on going to capcon and I will bring a hepler to help me like you I need to treasferring me on highchair and floor too.

Reactions: browne
cprdr said:
I'm thinking on going to capcon and I will bring a hepler to help me like you I need to treasferring me on highchair and floor too.

Hope to see you there!

Katie2fingers said:
Bring a Hoyer lift, if the one person you're bringing with you is tiny. Make sure it's the rotating kind, preferably where all your friend has to do is push a button.

It's not that anyone would be an elohssa for not helping you. What would happen if, in trying to help you, someone hurt you?

Now, if you need help accessing the carnival games, 20 or 30 people might show up, to help move things, so you could reach, because we're good people, but, that's different than helping with transfers.

Reactions: Traveller and tails1234
Thanks for all your help guys, I forgot about the liability factor. The Hoyer is a very good idea. Actually the only thing I worry about is getting into a crib and highchair, but I'm sure I'll find one low enough that my friend can help me transfer too. I'm so excited, can't wait,

Last edited:
Reactions: Traveller
Yeah, that's why the rotating kind of lift is so important. The rotation makes highchairs and cribs easy, although, bars freak me out. More crib for you! I'm not sure how many of these rotate, but they're all power, and you can live chat with salespeople and ask. https://www.spinlife.com/critpath/match.cfm?categoryId=110&filter_103=1
What is the purpose of a patient lift that doesn't rotate? To be an annoying asspain? 🤣

Also, there are these.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Back