Can chronic anxiety and panic cause incontinence?

SoftMichel

Confused, trying to cope, need lots of Hugs.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hi everyone, I yesterday responded to a question in the Sexuality forum and since then have become worried about the possibility of my becoming incontinent at some point in the future.

Forgive me for reposting that response in this Forum but my anxiety levels are rising and I can't sleep.

Question: Ever wet yourself involuntarily…and it wasn’t wee?

The implication of the question being semen leakage.

My response: This semen leakage happens to me several times every day. No erection. I don't take drugs or medication. I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic. That is the cause. A full on panic attack will trigger it and a very mild surge of emotion too. Negative and positive emotions are the same thing to me in regard to my panic and anxiety. A lot of the time I am not even aware of my panic until I lay down. At that point I feel my body shaking, mostly in my body core, arms and legs, but often the entire body, from head to toes. Everything shakes.

I should add that occasionally during sleep I also have panic attacks so it happens then too (not a sexual wet dream).

So, my question here is this: Could my chronic anxiety and panic also cause me to have involuntary urine leakage (incontinence)?

I am not after medical advice, just your thoughts and experience. I am not incontinent but this has now become my latest fear.

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
... I'm not sure I'm understanding you. This is really weirdly worded. Are you saying that you have, or have not, been experiencing urinary leakage?

I'm honestly very confused.

Reactions: Diprs2
I've never heard of anyone having semen leakage because of anxiety. Usually it's because of sexual activity of some sort. I guess you're sure it's semen and not urine? I would be more concerned about the extreme anxiety. It might be time to seek psychological help because there are medications that might help.

OmiOMy said:
... I'm not sure I'm understanding you. This is really weirdly worded. Are you saying that you have, or have not, been experiencing urinary leakage?

I'm honestly very confused.
Hi, no urine leakage. I suffer from semen leakage every day. I have no control over it. This is caused by my chronic anxiety and panic. The panic attacks get so bad sometimes I can barely breathe. My worry is that the anxiety and panic will eventually cause me also to become invontinent.

SoftMichel said:
Hi, no urine leakage. I suffer from semen leakage every day. I have no control over it. This is caused by my chronic anxiety and panic. The panic attacks get so bad sometimes I can barely breathe. My worry is that the anxiety and panic will eventually cause me also to become invontinent.
Not a thing that happens, trust me.

For one, two different systems.

I'd speak to your docs about a better system for your anxiety and panic disorders though. It's definitely not being managed.

Logically speaking it is possible if you are having muscle spasms in that area. As you age you may have a higher chance of leakage of urine and poop? It’s all related to the nerves that are causing your underlying issues by the sounds of it. I’m no doctor so take it with a grain of salt.

dogboy said:
I've never heard of anyone having semen leakage because of anxiety. Usually it's because of sexual activity of some sort. I guess you're sure it's semen and not urine? I would be more concerned about the extreme anxiety. It might be time to seek psychological help because there are medications that might help.
Hi, yes, it is definitely semen. That itself is worrying. I worry about the possibility of impotence (also loss of control). I have a psychologist helping me... Long story..

OmiOMy said:
Not a thing that happens, trust me.

For one, two different systems.

I'd speak to your docs about a better system for your anxiety and panic disorders though. It's definitely not being managed.
Thanks, I will speak to them.

IcyBlue said:
Logically speaking it is possible if you are having muscle spasms in that area. As you age you may have a higher chance of leakage of urine and poop? It’s all related to the nerves that are causing your underlying issues by the sounds of it. I’m no doctor so take it with a grain of salt.
I will bear that in mind. Thank you.

SoftMichel said:
Hi everyone, I yesterday responded to a question in the Sexuality forum and since then have become worried about the possibility of my becoming incontinent at some point in the future.

Forgive me for reposting that response in this Forum but my anxiety levels are rising and I can't sleep.

Question: Ever wet yourself involuntarily…and it wasn’t wee?

The implication of the question being semen leakage.

My response: This semen leakage happens to me several times every day. No erection. I don't take drugs or medication. I suffer from chronic anxiety and panic. That is the cause. A full on panic attack will trigger it and a very mild surge of emotion too. Negative and positive emotions are the same thing to me in regard to my panic and anxiety. A lot of the time I am not even aware of my panic until I lay down. At that point I feel my body shaking, mostly in my body core, arms and legs, but often the entire body, from head to toes. Everything shakes.

I should add that occasionally during sleep I also have panic attacks so it happens then too (not a sexual wet dream).

So, my question here is this: Could my chronic anxiety and panic also cause me to have involuntary urine leakage (incontinence)?

I am not after medical advice, just your thoughts and experience. I am not incontinent but this has now become my latest fear.
Probably not the same thing as Wet Dreams when you are a teen but by the time I started having them I was already hooked on plastic pants via a friends prank. I just started wearing them every night when this happened and it may have been due to me getting a girlfriend in school. It saved the questions mum asked about my bedding some mornings the first few times it happened so it made keeping my sheets clean all the easier. Of course by that time wearing the plastic pants also resulted in these types of accidents in my panties over night. The feeling of slipping and sliding in my panties was out of this world for me the first few times it happened but over time the sensations lessen a little.

Back