Buying single diapers...

Lil'Alice

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hello friends. I'm not sure where everyone gets their products from. I have had some trouble finding a diaper that fits properly (too big at the waist if it fits round the leg). I've just been told about this place - I think it's relatively new - and they sell single diapers. Amazing! Now I can test a few without breaking the bank! Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is having this issue! It's UK based.

you'll eventually realize that for the price of four you could have bought a bag of 10. Or for the price of 10 you could have bought a case of 80....

moral of the story: order diapers in quantity as soon as you can afford to.

bambinod said:
you'll eventually realize that for the price of four you could have bought a bag of 10. Or for the price of 10 you could have bought a case of 80....

moral of the story: order diapers in quantity as soon as you can afford to.

Ah, see, I haven't been buying diapers all that long and I buy from either the supermarket or the pharmacy. There are some great places in the US but I imagine shipping would cost a fortune. If you have any recommendations on where to buy I'd appreciate it :)

Also, it sounds like you might be a cyclist, with big thighs. That can be a probem with diapers, because their lower tapes are already having to attach much farther back than the upper tapes, even for common thigh sizes. And the problem with a lot of the samplers available right now is they are more meant to be sampling the variety of different patterns available for a much smaller variety of actual physical models.

You might get a better fit with diapers you've already tried just by changing how you tape them. Maybe try to tape the lowers up higher, closer to where the upper tapes are attached?

I've got random singles from WearingClouds.com. Handy if you are in the US.

If you want to just try samples, call the manufacturers or contact a local store. They'll often shoot you a sample for sizing purposes.

The real scam out there is there are some suppliers who offer samples for a few bucks and then just turn around and have the manufacturer ship them out (which I suspect doesn't cost the store anything).

Last edited:
bambinod said:
Also, it sounds like you might be a cyclist, with big thighs. That can be a probem with diapers, because their lower tapes are already having to attach much farther back than the upper tapes, even for common thigh sizes. And the problem with a lot of the samplers available right now is they are more meant to be sampling the variety of different patterns available for a much smaller variety of actual physical models.

You might get a better fit with diapers you've already tried just by changing how you tape them. Maybe try to tape the lowers up higher, closer to where the upper tapes are attached?
Yeah, that's a good point actually. I do need to experiment more. Unfortunately, I'm not a cyclist - just a typical pear shaped Brit with a small wait but large derriere and thighs!

willnotwill said:
I've got random singles from WearingClouds.com. Handy if you are in the US.

If you want to just try samples, call the manufacturers or contact a local store. They'll often shoot you a sample for sizing purposes.

The real scam out there is there are some suppliers who offer samples for a few bucks and then just turn around and have the manufacturer ship them out (which I suspect doesn't cost the store anything).
Oh wow, yes. How dishonest!! Unfortunately I'm in the UK. I've been visiting the Tykables website and drooling. We do have some suppliers, but I would love to visit that place!

Lil'Alice said:
Yeah, that's a good point actually. I do need to experiment more. Unfortunately, I'm not a cyclist - just a typical pear shaped Brit with a small wait but large derriere and thighs!
Hey similar body shape here!

I find NorthShore Supreme Lites to be a good fit. Their leg holes are cut quite large and accommodating to large thighs.

I hear their MegaMax has a similar cut

Sheepies said:
Hey similar body shape here!

I find NorthShore Supreme Lites to be a good fit. Their leg holes are cut quite large and accommodating to large thighs.

I hear their MegaMax has a similar cut
They don't distribute to the UK/Europe, unfortunately.

You could start by asking about samples Tena and other companies do offer free samples just be prepared to pick them up once the postman delivers them.

Other than that you could enquire about discounts online as some companies offer them, sorry I can't be of more help as I am abroud on vacation/holiday in South East Asia at this time.

Yours sincerly
Chinababy888.

Back