Broke 4 Diapers

littleolivia

your average diapergirl 💕
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Just a rant: why are they so expensive!!!

My crippling addiction to spending useless stuff on amazon or buying makeup on sephora is causing me to be broke, out of $$$ for my diaper stash

Everyday, i see new designs coming out and social media is definitely giving me FOMO with all these cute babies showing off their cute diaper designs 😭😭😭

Reactions: deepdriftAD, mistykitty, dbot99 and 2 others
Seriously, companies charging $5-$6 per diaper is crazy, but people are still buying them and there almost always sold out

Reactions: mistykitty and abdlchristian12
Diapflation is real people. It is an expensive hobby.

Reactions: deepdriftAD, LittleTyke and mistykitty
That’s why I usually stick to the medical style disposables. I get over twice the amount of Tena nappies for less than abdl ones

Reactions: Canadianfalls, LittleTyke, mistykitty and 4 others
I go to piddlepals and use sezzle to pay them off. Also check out the goodwill shops and mercari I've seen a lot on there

Seabear said:
That’s why I usually stick to the medical style disposables. I get over twice the amount of Tena nappies for less than abdl ones
same tbh, but i used abdl ones b4, loved them & wishing they weren't so expensive, i just want nice crinkle & good thickness but like all medical ones aren't really thick by default or crinkly & lack cute prints i just hope that abdl companies can start atleast just make some affordable cute print diapers that are made like medical diapers if that makes sense

I would never pay 5 bucks for a diaper. Lol....since I'm 24/7 I won't even pay 1 dollar per. The only exception is when I buy cute diapers...then it's a pack, and has to be cheap. I was almost hooked on the cute ones, but a crappy experience with a company that tried to copyright Abdl...turned me off. That's when I realized....the only want the money, they couldn't care less about the customer. To the original author, do yourself a favour....don't get caught up I the marketing. Oh, and if you get plain diapers, use markers or crayons with a caregiver, friend, or other little...and have diaper decorating parties. I do coloring with my mamma quite a bit..it's fun, and bonding too. Plus, I get cookies and choco milks.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
Seabear said:
I do similar. I'll occasionally buy abdl style ones but most time I'm getting Tena and cvs brand. And when I do get abdl style pack I save the ones in it for when I can have a good amount of little time so i can make them last. It is kind of crazy how much they cost though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seabear
Well i just dropped a grand for a new rifle. Yes our hobbies can add up.

Reactions: mayhem and Dakota13
BigAl1 said:
Well i just dropped a grand for a new rifle. Yes our hobbies can add up.
So is truck bright work cleaning stuff

Reactions: BigAl1
Seabear said:
Yes, I did the same a few years ago. Went from various Rearz to Tena Ultima. Even with added booster pads, they are less costly than Rearz and other top ABDL brands.

I like the little kings a lot, but not enough to spend 4.50 a diaper on them after the first batch. Usually I stick with my rearz, and order them on sale. Those tend to run in the 2-3$ a piece range. Otherwise, thanks to the bambino sales I've been buying them for around 1$ a diaper for belissimo v1's(which are the same style diaper as the rearz). I'm pretty good about not getting fomo, but I do understand it.

Bambino is by far the cheapest ABDL diapers when they have their sales.

Reactions: Dakota13
littleolivia said:
Just a rant: why are they so expensive!!!

My crippling addiction to spending useless stuff on amazon or buying makeup on sephora is causing me to be broke, out of $$$ for my diaper stash

Everyday, i see new designs coming out and social media is definitely giving me FOMO with all these cute babies showing off their cute diaper designs 😭😭😭
because abdl on the base of it is a want not a need
so they charge what the market will bear.
That is why medical diapers which as a need are less expensive.

Reactions: depta99
SparkyDog said:
because abdl on the base of it is a want not a need
so they charge what the market will bear.
That is why medical diapers which as a need are less expensive.
That sums it up ... when you're going with a want versus a need they charge accordingly, even if they really are superior than the medical ones. It's funny ... the medical ones could merely make one of their medical diapers in pink or blue and people would probably pay close to double for it.

I've spent an obscene amount on high end audio. I wear cloth diapers so they aren't very expensive other than to wash them. There is some expense in plastic pants so I try to make them last as long as possible.

depta99 said:
That sums it up ... when you're going with a want versus a need they charge accordingly, even if they really are superior than the medical ones. It's funny ... the medical ones could merely make one of their medical diapers in pink or blue and people would probably pay close to double for it.
i don't think it would
many who wear for medical needs are very firm in wanting discretion when it comes to colours.
Might get bit more abdl sales
but most want white
or other neutral colour.

Lots of decent medical diapers out there unfortunately many just know about the brands Walmart etc carry

Back