Books

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Has anyone read the two books by Penny Barber or the one by Dr Rohda and if so I'd like to hear your take on them

Reactions: TrueHero
Littledragon87 said:
Has anyone read the two books by Penny Barber or the one by Dr Rohda and if so I'd like to hear your take on them
I read You’re Not Broken by Dr. Lipscomb. I think it’s a useful book. It definitely encourages self acceptance and gets the idea through that if you have this affinity, it’s not going away. You’re better off adjusting your life to accommodate it rather than try to push it out of your life. It won’t work.
Having said that, I don’t feel like the whole book was for me. It was like finding diamonds in the rough. Read with a critical eye. Take what is useful and disregard what is not. I have heard others’ opinions on it and we disagree on what is useful, so I get the sense that everyone will get what they need from it.
I bought the book on Kindle for $10 and it was definitely worth it. I feel like I have language to approach the people that need to know about it respectfully and I have the resolve to understand that it’s not going away. Those are pretty big for me.

Back