Bloating

Ceary

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Does anyone face bloating within medical issues and the size of your diaper can range from one fys to the next? say M to L for me?

I'm 39-41" which most diapers are 44 is cut off for M. I have worn the same products a day ago and a month ago and they don't fit good today. I haven't rapidly gained weight but I am bloated due to medical issues. (Tapes are not fitting well and usually the larger size falls off me).

I get very bad bloating. Cause unknown atm undergoing tests. But I do find things no longer fit size wise during jt, and if I am bloated I csnt put my nappy on it won’t fasten at all

Yes, i have got a lot of problems with bloating and diapers can be tricky at times, at the moment i do only use the bigger size, but sometimes i have to cross the stickers in the front. Not perfect at all. I can not use the smaller size usually, even they should fit and sitting good at the hips.

At the moment i do low sugar / carbohydrates, glutenfree and low histamine, this seems to help. ( I am gluten free for 17 years though)

Last edited:
I get bloating quite a bit due to my intestinal flare ups, I find myself constantly readjusting my tapes from day to day.
I'm a waist size 39 too, sometimes i can tape the upper tapes higher and the bottom ones will fit tighter. I am usually a medium in most diaper sizes.

claire123 said:
I get very bad bloating. Cause unknown atm undergoing tests. But I do find things no longer fit size wise during jt, and if I am bloated I csnt put my nappy on it won’t fasten at all
I wish there was a simple way to just get the tapes to fit on some of the briefs. Northshore Megamax was too difficult for my bloating. Attends didn't fit with their tapes. I'm waiting for the Seni diapers I ordered to come in. I have pullups for the day time, but I find briefs to be more reliable.

Pino said:
Yes, i have got a lot of problems with bloating and diapers can be tricky at times, at the moment i do only use the bigger size, but sometimes i have to cross the stickers in the front. Not perfect at all. I can not use the smaller size usually, even they should fit and sitting good at the hips.

At the moment i do low sugar / carbohydrates, glutenfree and low histamine, this seems to help. ( I am gluten free for 17 years though)
I need to be on a better diet. It's just finding food I can digest and live on when my stomach stops working. Liquids and soft foods are ok but not very nutritional.

Jorelaxed said:
I get bloating quite a bit due to my intestinal flare ups, I find myself constantly readjusting my tapes from day to day.
I'm a waist size 39 too, sometimes i can tape the upper tapes higher and the bottom ones will fit tighter. I am usually a medium in most diaper sizes.
That's how mine have been fitting. The low tapes very tight in the hip.

Yeah bloating sucks. It’s a common symptom of IBS. I haven’t found a way to manage it. Most resources say exercise (to manage stress), get enough sleep, cut out alcohol and caffeine and meditate. It’s a symptom of stress in most cases. The stress makes me have poor quality sleep. The stress seems to motivate me to consume alcohol and caffeine. Stress bears down on me so much that I don’t have motivation to exercise. I try but I burn out that much sooner. I have taken laxatives to flush things out while wearing in the past. I just don’t like doing that. It can be dangerous. Flushing out my gut biome possibly. Which is already out of whack. I can also flush out my electrolytes. But I did feel less bloated and full. If you flush out enough electrolytes. You can have a seizure. I’ve had bloating so bad that it’s been painful.

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs and Ceary
I12BLittle89 said:
Yeah bloating sucks. It’s a common symptom of IBS. I haven’t found a way to manage it. Most resources say exercise (to manage stress), get enough sleep, cut out alcohol and caffeine and meditate. It’s a symptom of stress in most cases. The stress makes me have poor quality sleep. The stress seems to motivate me to consume alcohol and caffeine. Stress bears down on me so much that I don’t have motivation to exercise. I try but I burn out that much sooner. I have taken laxatives to flush things out while wearing in the past. I just don’t like doing that. It can be dangerous. Flushing out my gut biome possibly. Which is already out of whack. I can also flush out my electrolytes. But I did feel less bloated and full. If you flush out enough electrolytes. You can have a seizure. I’ve had bloating so bad that it’s been painful.
I have been sick with IBS for 11 years and I haven't found anything to help the bloating I've tried all the suggestions but my body has worsened and developed stomach paralysis (unrelated to IBS as it's nerve related with my neurological disorder). I've heard herbal tea can help but not sure. I haven't been consistent with that. Electrolytes are definitely something I need to keep up with more.

Reactions: I12BLittle89
Ceary said:
I have been sick with IBS for 11 years and I haven't found anything to help the bloating I've tried all the suggestions but my body has worsened and developed stomach paralysis (unrelated to IBS as it's nerve related with my neurological disorder). I've heard herbal tea can help but not sure. I haven't been consistent with that. Electrolytes are definitely something I need to keep up with more.
It seems my stress relief is to socialize. I noticed about 10 years ago that after a refreshing evening with friends would result in me coming home and having a healthy BM. I never understood why. IBS wasn’t all that bad yet. At first I thought it was just odd. I now know that due to age and even more stress along with poor lifestyle choices. I find it so much harder to find that kind of relief. It sucks when you grow up in a home with a mom who can’t keep herself together emotionally and takes it out on the family.

Ceary said:
I have started to drink Mint leaf tea, works really good.

Jorelaxed said:
I have started to drink Mint leaf tea, works really good.
I may try mint tea. Wife doesn’t want me drinking it because it lowers testosterone but I’ll try it. It’s either living with IBS or having the remote possibility or barely noticeable drop in testosterone. I’ll take my chances.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I12BLittle89 said:
I may try mint tea. Wife doesn’t want me drinking it because it lowers testosterone but I’ll try it. It’s either living with IBS or having the remote possibility or barely noticeable drop in testosterone. I’ll take my chances.
I did not know it did that.😳, I have not felt any negative effects, I have been drinking it now for about 1year. I make it from fresh Mint leaves.
My stomach feels really good when drinking it.

Jorelaxed said:
I did not know it did that.😳, I have not felt any negative effects, I have been drinking it now for about 1year. I make it from fresh Mint leaves.
My stomach feels really good when drinking it.
It’s such a small impact but it adds up when considering all of the other environmental stuff. Soy and other pseudo estrogen compounds. Phthalates in plastics which mimic estrogen and cancel out testosterone. So we’re trying to manage what we can. Mint tea is one thing easily avoided. Soy is a little harder to do but still is a step in the right direction. Plastics… well they’re impossible really.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
I have a very strong allergic reaction to Soy when its used as a filler in foods.
I start getting a itch sensation all over different parts of my body.
It almost feels like a horrible urge to scratch when i consume products that say "May contain Soy"

Last edited:
I get bloated when eating or drinking certain foods, especially milk.
And nearly all food contains milk if it's not something you make yourself.
I do mostly manage with size M, but I do experience that diapers get too tight and restrictive
or too loose and sag.

I usually ride between L & XL in size. Currently L. Also have gut issues & problems with bloating due to IBS. I can generally course correct with diet changes but if I go off track I start to bloat up

Ceary said:
Does anyone face bloating within medical issues and the size of your diaper can range from one fys to the next? say M to L for me?

I'm 39-41" which most diapers are 44 is cut off for M. I have worn the same products a day ago and a month ago and they don't fit good today. I haven't rapidly gained weight but I am bloated due to medical issues. (Tapes are not fitting well and usually the larger size falls off me).
Yes I have similar problems, so I have two sizes of diapers medium and large. I wear what feels right for that day. I don’t always get it right. Nighttime always the large, makes me feel swaddled. 🤣

Last edited:
richieboy said:
Yes I have similar problems, so I have two sizes of diapers medium and large. I wear what feels right for that day. I don’t always get it right. 🤣
So tough lol

Reactions: richieboy
Back