Beyond XP5000

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
So with hat seems to be a short-term shipping issue with betterdry I am looking for an alternative. I know that crinkles are basically betterdry with prints which I am fine with.
Looking at other brands I have ruled out total dry. Mega Max simply because of the new shipping costs which no matter how good they are I can't afford it. I am now looking at Beyond xp 5000 I know they cost a bit more. My question is has anyone else used them recently since they updated the design. Are they worth the price.

Tena super & tena ultra

Seni

I had to buy them too because of the BetterDry supply chain issues. 1. They are likely more absorbent. 2. They ride lower on the waist. 3. They are not as soft.

I will probably go back to BetterDry when they become available in a couple of weeks.

As stated above the Beyond XP are not as soft and somewhat more rigid with the padding than diapers like Betterdry, InControl Elite, etc. That being said, they do have high capacity for what you pay for, and with a Size 30 waist, I feel that the Medium is a near perfect fit.

Reactions: Cammer
I wear Better Dry size mediums as my everyday diapers for a few years now. I had to choose something different because of stock shortages in the US. I chose the Beyond XP5000. They are stiffer in front where the landing zone Velcro patch is located. They feel wider between my legs. The fit is very secure with the four hook and loop fasteners that can be re positioned as many time as you like. One thing I do like about the fasteners is that they do have an adhesive patch which allows you to wrap the diaper up securely for disposal. The capacity feels similar to the Better Dry if not slightly more. I will certainly be going back to Better Dry when stock returns simply because of the economics. I get 4 more diapers in a case of Better Dry for less money then the case of Beyond XP5k's.

All in all the XP is a great substitute for this month. Hopefully next month Better Dry will be back.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
MetalDan86 said:
As stated above the Beyond XP are not as soft and somewhat more rigid with the padding than diapers like Betterdry, InControl Elite, etc. That being said, they do have high capacity for what you pay for, and with a Size 30 waist, I feel that the Medium is a near perfect fit.
See the size issue is what my only concern I normally wear a large.

Though I have no experience with them Forsite could be worth looking at.

My two regular diapers are Better Dry and Beyond XP 5000. Last batch of the 5000’s I got a month or so ago had wrinkles in the plastic, but still preform well. I love their tape mechanism and wish all diapers had it. So easy to readjust with the Velcro type setup it has. The 5000’s tend to have worse supply chain issues than BetterDry, I’ve seen them be out of stock around two or three times or so in the past year and taking upwards of two or three months to get in stock again. I suspect it’s only going to get worse now because dry 24/7 is out of business, so more people switching to other diapers. Lately I’ve been keeping at least a case extra of diapers because of supply chains and don’t want to run out. I hope I don’t have to start buying even more to have that buffer, but it may be the case. With oil prices going up more we are probably going to see another bump in prices sadly as well.

Crinklz if you can deal with the prints are basically the same diaper. llmedico has the best rates.

Last edited:
As mentioned before, I got a case of XP5000s as a temporary BetterDry replacement. I slept really late today, and woke up extra wet. These diapers just don't want to stay on when super wet/heavy. They sag and pull down. Even after I pulled them back up into position, ten steps later they wanted to fall off. Thank goodness I had a pair of briefs over it.

The BetterDry never did that.

And they smell like pee much sooner than a BetterDry does.

Last edited:
It looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. When llmedico called saying my autoship for this month I was a little worried. Luckily I have two weeks of better dry on standby but I went ahead and ordered a case of the xp5000s. I tried a sample of them a couple weeks ago and I will say like a lot of people said, they aren’t as soft inside and a little wider in the crotch but they seem pretty good. My biggest problem is is I am always worried about hook and loop lot holding. We will see I reckon!

Back