Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 1 guest views remaining

Best footie pajamas?

CodyBaby said:
Also add a snap or velcro flap to cover the zipper near the neck and you have a perfect replica of modern and vintage toddler sleepers, I wonder why we can't get theses done at an affordable price, sorry I can't spend 200$ on a simple sleeper.
Not perfect - for vintage, you need a non-repeating design.

Best footie/footed pajamas obviously existed in different eras.

70-90s - Brands that followed the same model of medium to thick fleece, vinyl feet, striped cuffs and a neck tab. What's cool about those is they offered them from children and adults (the icon in my profile pic as example).

Late 90s - early 2010s - I would have to say Target's line of Komar was probably the best run of that era. Komar produced Circo, Cherokee, etc for children but they were obviously sold in huge sizes that fit adults. The designs were repetitive every year, but were extremely popular. Now you virtually can't find them on 3rd party sites now because people buy the hard to find larger sizes quickly. I was fortunate enough to have doubles of a lot of several designs from each year. I also have a pretty good system of how I'm able to find and purchase pairs from this brand even today (thankfully im in the tech industry). I'd probably say I'd have the most extensive collection out of anyone who collected those from Target.

Lands' End also had to the best footie pajamas entirely as their own brand. They stopped in the mid-2010s selling sleepers with feet, but they had a very long run too. I would say they would probably be the company that would be the first to bring back sleepers with feet.

Things come in doses/fads, that's why the "onesies" have been popular for some time (I don't prefer them). Footie pajamas will be make their way back eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilstevie56
ftc1234567890 said:
Best footie/footed pajamas obviously existed in different eras.

70-90s - Brands that followed the same model of medium to thick fleece, vinyl feet, striped cuffs and a neck tab. What's cool about those is they offered them from children and adults (the icon in my profile pic as example).

Late 90s - early 2010s - I would have to say Target's line of Komar was probably the best run of that era. Komar produced Circo, Cherokee, etc for children but they were obviously sold in huge sizes that fit adults. The designs were repetitive every year, but were extremely popular. Now you virtually can't find them on 3rd party sites now because people buy the hard to find larger sizes quickly. I was fortunate enough to have doubles of a lot of several designs from each year. I also have a pretty good system of how I'm able to find and purchase pairs from this brand even today (thankfully im in the tech industry). I'd probably say I'd have the most extensive collection out of anyone who collected those from Target.

Lands' End also had to the best footie pajamas entirely as their own brand. They stopped in the mid-2010s selling sleepers with feet, but they had a very long run too. I would say they would probably be the company that would be the first to bring back sleepers with feet.

Things come in doses/fads, that's why the "onesies" with "hoods" have been popular for some time (I don't prefer them). Footie pajamas will be make their way back eventually.

I agree with you on the Cherokee and Land's End pajamas - those are my favourite ones.

I'm not a fan of the trend of onesies I see now. They're too baggy, usually without feet and generally don't match what I like about footed pajamas. They're almost meant to look super silly on purpose in an ironic way.

Here's hoping the return of proper footed pjs happens soon!

Reactions: Straycatz
Tommy10 said:
This is good advice: I'm flexible (aerial acrobat in my free time) and even I need an attached string on the zipper lol :p Go for something that can be attached/detached easily that way you don't have the string flopping all over. And by "string" I mean shoelace (way more durable and easier to grasp)

It's gonna be difficult to find something that's "perfect" at that price point. If you can compromise (a little) you can find something in that range or less, just may not be totally awesome is all. IMO, I sprung for custom sleepers from Etsy craftswoman and they are worth every penny. Little Mermaid print for one, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for another, going on 4 years and no signs of wear. So, if you can fork over some more to the right maker, it's worth it. :)
That's interesting. It seems I'm the only one who has no trouble zipping and unzipping without any assistance :(. I'm not extra flexible or anything.

One of my favorites was something i picked up off Amazon...
The company is/was Forever Lazy and it was labeled as a "Forever Lazy Footed Adult Onesie" .. its got a hood and everything! ..perfect for curling up on the couch in cold weather..

Last edited:
“part” of my collection. its a hassle keeping everything organized.

Attachments

• 34118D0D-09F6-4C7D-B848-38BD3E4451DB.jpeg
    34118D0D-09F6-4C7D-B848-38BD3E4451DB.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: tdlrfootedpjs and Liljaypup
ftc1234567890 said:
“part” of my collection. its a hassle keeping everything organized.
I think I have about 80% of those :D

I want to sew my own pair that is zippers instead of snaps (maybe even a rear ''locking'' tab, a different material that isn't fleece that overheats you, and most importantly - vinyl soles like the old school footies.
Yellow and white comes to mind for a very cute color pattern.

I better get to the drawing board... hehehe

Last edited:
Reactions: FeliDaKitten
little keeper sleeper needs mittens + more patterns and it would be the best jammies ever

Reactions: FeliDaKitten
You could always try meundies.com

The best footy pj's are the ones that keep you warm, cozy, and safe :)

I just bought these065B391A-D867-4787-9E18-1FAC71EC63A7.png

Reactions: PP6, WillFord384 and Pika123
44187.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Fuzzywuzzyfootiepjs, Anemone, FeliDaKitten and 1 other person
Tykables are pretty great also. Vinyl feet and full zipper 👍🏻😀

Back