Best diapers for long time sitting job

BabyAby123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi,
I was wondering what the best diapers are for lots of sitting. I know that they absorb differently when compressed like that, as opposed to standing or laying down. Any suggestions on some that don’t leak out at the back of the thigh and leave half moons?

I have urinary incontinence. It was okay for a bit, but I have recently found that I need more absorbent padding. Especially at work when I sit a lot, or am driving (commute to work a lot). Let me know what you have found works for you! Preferably something that is still somewhat discreet

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Jorelaxed
I work from home sitting on my butt all day and I wear an InControl Active Air with a booster in it and am typically very comfy

Reactions: Diprs2, Jorelaxed and BabyAby123
NorthShore Mega max are the best you can get. If you go to their webpage you can get free samples sent to you at no cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Incon97, DLScottsman and 5 others
Diaperman95 said:
NorthShore Mega max are the best you can get. If you go to their webpage you can get free samples sent to you at no cost.

I tried them. Not bad, but not fantastic either. The wide tabs are nice, but not long enough. When I used my very first one of that brand, it seemed to me that it felt like I was wearing a balloon full of liquid.

Reactions: Diprs2
I used to love MegaMax but, and I don't know why, I recently got some and I just did not care for them. Like I don't know if they changed or I just have a new preference.

princessarya said:
I used to love MegaMax but, and I don't know why, I recently got some and I just did not care for them. Like I don't know if they changed or I just have a new preference.
They are the same as always. Well not totally.. They did change 5 years ago or so but it was a long time ago about a year after they first came out. But it was mostly logo. The logo use to be real bold. I think they might had changed the fit a little but it has been so long I do not remember. I love the mega max the best for me. I like the way they do not ever clump or sag no matter how active I am or how full they are.

Reactions: newt, GoodnitesXL21, Edgewater and 1 other person
Hello BabyAby123, hope you having an excellent Friday evening. I have been medically urinary incontinent for over 12 years due to extruded disks injury.
My job requires sitting 50% percent of the time and standing.
There are a few diapers on the market that will work just fine.
I recently have been experimenting with Trest and NRU str8ups and have had great success testing them sitting down.
It is really important that the diaper have wicking capabilities.
Regarding compression, as long as they are not compressed way too much by using compression garments over them, they should not leak on you.
I have been using compression hose with them due to moderate Varicose veins appearing
and have not had any trouble with them compressing the diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Jorelaxed said:
Hello BabyAby123, hope you having an excellent Friday evening. I have been medically urinary incontinent for over 12 years due to extruded disks injury.
My job requires sitting 50% percent of the time and standing.
There are a few diapers on the market that will work just fine.
I recently have been experimenting with Trest and NRU str8ups and have had great success testing them sitting down.
It is really important that the diaper have wicking capabilities.

How do you think the str8ups compare to mega max. I won't even try trest because they are way to proud of their product at $45 for ten. They do not give discounts for buying in bulk either. But I have thought about trying the str8ups. I would love to try the treat I really like the light blue and the green. The green reminds me of the old overnite depends I used in the early to mid 90's. You know before the totally sucked.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
princessarya said:

this is what changed on mega max
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Edgewater
Mike1964 said:
I tried them. Not bad, but not fantastic either. The wide tabs are nice, but not long enough. When I used my very first one of that brand, it seemed to me that it felt like I was wearing a balloon full of liquid.
[/QUOTE
But I understand if you did not like them that is okay too. Lots to choose from today. 30 years ago We used what Walmart sold... Lots of depend and attends. We are blessed now with so many choices. Mega max is a wide diaper In the crotch and some love it and some don't. I love their customer service. I have spoke with Adam a couple times online. he is a great guy and I feel like they have quality products. I like the incontrol diapers too but their customer service is horrible and I got a case with defective diapers before and they really did not care and did not make it right. so I don't use them. I have used mega max about 5 years now maybe longer. I have had maybe 3 defective diapers. I had two that separated at the leak guard and the gel was coming out. I told northshore so they would know if they had a issue. I told them I do not need them replaced, that they have given me so many samples over the years I was not worried about it. Two days later a bag of diapers showed up at my house. To me I love that the care about the customer. Thasi t and I love supporting American owned business's.

What is your go to brand that you use and love the best?

Reactions: Edgewater
BabyAby123 said:
Hi,
I was wondering what the best diapers are for lots of sitting. I know that they absorb differently when compressed like that, as opposed to standing or laying down. Any suggestions on some that don’t leak out at the back of the thigh and leave half moons?

I have urinary incontinence. It was okay for a bit, but I have recently found that I need more absorbent padding. Especially at work when I sit a lot, or am driving (commute to work a lot). Let me know what you have found works for you! Preferably something that is still somewhat discreet
Northshore Supreme and Abena M4/L4 I find are amazing diapers for wicking while sitting, and are discreet for use around others.

Reactions: eastcoastdl, NorthShoreAdam, Edgewater and 1 other person
Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit. Plastic backed taped all in one adult nappy. Very absorbent, comfortable and discreet. I change/need to change roughly every 4 hours.

I also have a desk job and I use Northshore MegaMax with a booster. I have never had a leak and I feel very secure with that diaper.

Andrea67 said:
I also have a desk job and I use Northshore MegaMax with a booster. I have never had a leak and I feel very secure with that diaper.
I should also add that combination lasts me a full 8-10 hours so I don’t have to deal with changing at work.

I don't wear MegaMax. I use Abena (plastic backed) and often a quality booster (NS Eternadry contour booster). I used to wear Confidry 24/7 until they stopped making them. For working I own my own company and have my own office along my personal bathroom. Changing is not a problem. I have used some MegaMax but I don't like wearing a really soaked diaper for the whole day. With my Abena, I change about 4 to 5 hours. If I'm adding a booster (when I'm unable to change in a longer period of time), it gives me more time to change (7+ hours).

Diaperman95 said:
How do you think the str8ups compare to mega max. I won't even try trest because they are way to proud of their product at $45 for ten. They do not give discounts for buying in bulk either. But I have thought about trying the str8ups. I would love to try the treat I really like the light blue and the green. The green reminds me of the old overnite depends I used in the early to mid 90's. You know before the totally sucked.
I wear str8up’s regularly have 70 in stock at moment these will last 10hrs comfortably I’ve done 14 before I’m a call out engineer so sitting and bending ladders stairs more sitting an so on good product not discreet at the end of the day, though but to be honest if you’ve done that many hours in one you wouldn’t expect it to be either.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Hi, I’ve found through practice and experience any style of adult diaper works very well when wetting yourself while sitting. I’m diapered full time now, and use different diapers depending on the occasion, and my supply hand. Megamax are always great, Air Supremes when I want a thinner, and hopefully more discreet diaper in public, and I often use less expensive store brand diapers at home where more frequent diaper changes is not a problem.

I discovered a great tip for wetting my diaper while sitting, especially while driving, is to scoot my butt up bit and shift my weight off my butt and more onto my back and leg. This allows my diaper to decompress a bit and my pee is more readily absorbed without leaking out the leg holes.

Best wishes, and good luck, in mastering this sometimes burdonsome, but necessary, task that we all must occasionally face as diapered adults.

I know you are not in the EU, but for sitting the best diaper i found is NOT Megamax or InControl or Betterdry, but Moli
care Premium Elastic 10.

Last edited:
BabyAby123 said:
Hi,

Hello,
What diapers are you using actually?
Good diapers like the Northshore Megamax had already been mentioned. If you search a good and not expensive diaper you should give the Super Seni Quattro a try.
Allesindie

I don't know what kind of incontinence issues you have.
But if you want to remain discreet, I suggest good pull ups. Like Tena Pants in Europe. They should work even while seating if you use the right size. Aim for the lower part of the size scale of the product weight range.
When I have to stay seated, I also noticed that I am more likely to leak while wetting if the pad is already quite swollen. I mean it would have do the job I were not seating. Instead, seating I sometimes the half moons 😓
You probably already don't want to stay for too long in a wet product. But while seating it's even worse. I get self conscious and uncomfortable very fast when wet and having to remain seated. To be honest I can't count the times when I remained miserable, seating still and waiting for the first opportunity to run and go finally change. You can't even think or concentrate, only worry and wait.

But I guess you too, and that's what's motivated your question 😅

So I suggest you to wear your usual product, but maybe with a level of absorption above. And replace it at every opportunity when you are feeling wet. Or if you feel the pad getting swollen. Be prepared and you will avoid most of those uncomfortable situations 👍

Back