Best diapers for going 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you get, you'd better start thinking about your budget. How much money are you anticipating spending on diapers per month?

The most economical ordering is setting up reoccurring orders - XP Medical, Northshore, and I believe Rearz and ABUniverse all offer autoship orders, and that gives you usually around a 5% discount.

You'll need to work out how many diapers you wear a month of course both to budget and to plan autoships.

You may want to have more than one kind of diaper, such as thin and durable for daytime, average and inexpensive for at home, and higher capacity for overnight. Some people do try to keep it simpler though and just have one general-purpose-diaper.

If you need high capacity for overnight, the list of options if pretty short. For medium and low capacity though there's a lot of choices, and it's hard to make any recommendations. I personally have settled on ABU's Preschool (plastic) for my wear-to-work diaper, but I'm fairly flexible otherwise, and like to have a variety on-hand to keep it interesting. I prefer something good from ABU or Rearz for overnight unless I have drank very little before bed.

Dinotopian2002 said:
When it comes to wearing nappies/diapers 24/7 there is always a trade-off between absorbency and discretion. In other words, the more absorbent the diaper, the bulkier it is (or the bulkier it will get when it's wet)

I wear diapers 24/7 for bladder incontinence - my preferred daytime diaper is the Tena Slip Maxi. It can hold a lot but it's relatively discreet. The cloth-backed Maxis make no sound at all and the plastic-backed Maxis (which I prefer) don't crinkle that much.

As for other bits of practical advice, pack a bag with you with extra changes, wipes and cream, drink plenty of water, and if you're able to, practice changing while standing up and leaning against a wall. That trick comes in very handy when you need to change in a public toilet and lying on the floor is not possible due to lack of space and hygiene issues.

Hope this helps
Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I'll have a look at those, thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Argent said:
I would be looking at using different nappies at different times.

When I have had to be 24/7 I would be looking at ABU SDKs/Cushies/Lavender/Kiddos during the day/under clothes around people as the crotch isn’t super wide and they are not super load.

When at home by yourself for a long period of time/overnight ABU Space/Simple/Pawz for maximum absorbency and immersion.

When exercising or if you need an hour stop gap say between a leaky one and having a shower some cheap pull ups can be a good investment.

For using ALL of your nappy my experience has been always do the length ways fold to help activate channels front to back and maybe experiment with some long booster pads that don’t come pre folded.

I have tried ABU diapers before and I like them, i might look into boosters too. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Rob110 said:
I wear BetterDry diapers to manage my bladder and some times bowel issues, so far they have proven to be the best diaper I have used. they do swell up when wet but they absorbant and reliable.
I trust the diaper to do its job

How much do they swell up, would it be slightly noticeable under clothes? (Bear in mind female clothes are usually more fitting etc)

- - - Updated - - -

HappyNappin said:
Ive never had the normal betterdry, but there printed counterpart crinklz is surprisingly good for day use.
I bought a case of plastic abena m4s last year and they where completely obvious under my work uniform, even when dry the padding at the front would fluff up and bulge under my trousers.
They where also pretty poor quality for the price at around £1.14 a change*.

The crinklz are around the same price at £1 a change* but are a nicer cut with front and back waistbands, there a bit thinner than the abenas out the pack and dont fluff as bad, but do swell if soaked, but with normal fluid intake can last almost 24hrs, far better than the abenas.
The same should all be true for betterdry but are about £2 cheeper per pack.

The drylife slip super is also worth considering, there have been my normal daily nappy since the full pe backed id slip supers where discontinued.

*All prices based on buy the case from nru, ex vat and postage.

You just made the better dry diapers sound so good, I'll look into them more!

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
Whatever you get, you'd better start thinking about your budget. How much money are you anticipating spending on diapers per month?

The most economical ordering is setting up reoccurring orders - XP Medical, Northshore, and I believe Rearz and ABUniverse all offer autoship orders, and that gives you usually around a 5% discount.

You'll need to work out how many diapers you wear a month of course both to budget and to plan autoships.

You may want to have more than one kind of diaper, such as thin and durable for daytime, average and inexpensive for at home, and higher capacity for overnight. Some people do try to keep it simpler though and just have one general-purpose-diaper.

If you need high capacity for overnight, the list of options if pretty short. For medium and low capacity though there's a lot of choices, and it's hard to make any recommendations. I personally have settled on ABU's Preschool (plastic) for my wear-to-work diaper, but I'm fairly flexible otherwise, and like to have a variety on-hand to keep it interesting. I prefer something good from ABU or Rearz for overnight unless I have drank very little before bed.

I still need to figure out all my budgets etc. Thanks though!

Nobody has mentioned Molicare Slip Maxi. I have been wearing these nearly 24/7 since September 2017 and I have found them incredible reliable, they wick to the back of the nappy and they are very comfortable, so comfortable that I don't even know I'm wearing one. They hardly ever leak. The tapes are good and I love the blue medical cover. Although they are not the most discreet I hang around many people during the day and nobody has every mentioned anything about me wearing nappies. I recommend. I purchase them for £12 a pack (14 per pack). They are my favourite, I only wear Molicares.

I still feel ABU Simples are really awesome. Worked very well for bladder and bowel. Could absorb a lot and not worry about leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back