Being IC is exhausting.

Wondercrinkee said:
I think I understand suffering,
Really? Not sure you get it. This about IC people. Not ABDL people. Some of then actually enjoy watching someone having a messy diaper. Sounds like you are one of them. Maybe you should go to the "baby diaper" forum. This is a serious forum. IC is not a funny place. In fact, your post is too weird about what we actually live. I understand that others actually post here which is fine. But for you, I just don't get you.

Wondercrinkee said:
. It is what it is.😊

greatlake5 said:
Really? Not sure you get it. This about IC people. Not ABDL people. Some of then actually enjoy watching someone having a messy diaper. Sounds like you are one of them. Maybe you should go to the "baby diaper" forum. This is a serious forum. IC is not a funny place. In fact, your post is too weird about what we actually live. I understand that others actually post here which is fine. But for you, I just don't get you.
I guess not, yup! I guess not. If you want to PM me about who I am, you are absolutely more than welcome, I feel for you. I really do. We are all here to help those hurting one way or the other. Humanity is to try to be humane. Three fingers/pointing/hmmm. Bless your soul. But, if you want to let it all out, please feel free. Okay? I can help you. I have more than enough diapering experience and knowledge about disability to help with referrals.

Take care!

Reactions: Diprs2
greatlake5 said:

This about IC people. Not ABDL people. Some of then actually enjoy watching someone having a messy diaper. Sounds like you are one of them. Maybe you should go to the "baby diaper" forum.​

Q:
I thought this was an open forum. I noticed others here that clearly said they are not "IC" here. Is there a gate here? Is this a secret taboo club against DLs? Where did I imply I was interested in people crapping themselves? Please show me where. I work in the medical field, friend.

"...This is a serious forum. IC is not a funny place. In fact, your post is too weird about what we actually live...'

Q: Where did I write or imply a joke?

" I understand that others actually post here which is fine. But for you, I just don't get you.'

Q and to the C: I was referring to the human condition and all life on this earth's living conditions. (now laughing). All things through life suffer one thing or the other as well as enjoy the splendors of happiness and peace. There are polarities to everything. The pain. The pleasure. The hurt and sadness to the health and peace of mind.

Diaper play/wearing is but a tiny part of my being. Just like all the other things I do and chose to do. I hope maybe that helps clarify any confusion. Your title was "Being IC is exhausting". I'm sure it can be. But from what I understand, there are many things in life that keep coming every day that everyone/everything must contend with in life. Women have menstruation, it's a form of "IC" since they can't control it no matter what, although hormone therapy may work. But then it can lead to cancers later. Everyone needs to eat, sleep, pay bills, drink water, and breathe. All sorts of things we must do over and over and over again, or pay the consequences.

I don't know what is funny about being in daily constant physical pain. Or having to take medications daily. But yes. I do enjoy laughter over misery. You bet! Nobody promised life will be excellent always. But to clarify further, I wasn't taking away from your BM situation. I'm sure it is exhausting. But so are other physical problems, that's all I meant. No harm intended. Medically, there are ways around many problems.

5 places to vent online​

Ranting on your personal social media, or “vaguebooking,” might spark an argument with your uncle or high school prom date’s sister. A better way to get your feelings out might be to vent online in spaces dedicated to protecting your anonymity.

Here are five online destinations for anonymous venting.

1. Muttr​

The basics. Is something irking you, big or small? Every day has at least a few frustrations. You can instantly release these from your psyche and into the internet on Muttr.

You don’t even need to create an account, just start typing your gripes into the “Need to get something off your chest?” box. If you’re so inclined, you can also create an anonymous account to take full advantage of Muttr’s features.

Format. Muttr is a community web forum separated into categories. Users can comment, like, or dislike a Muttr post, and gain influence if they have a registered account.

Best for. Muttr’s standout feature is its “secret” post capabilities. This allows you to type out your most honest feelings and leave it unpublished and hidden from public view. Consider this the online version of writing a letter and burning it.

2. VentSpace​

The basics. VentSpace is a free app so that you can vent from the convenience of your phone. But unlike other social apps, it’s not about accumulating attention or internet notoriety. Your profile keeps your face, name, and personal information anonymous.

Format. You can post on the app under subtopics, like “depression” or “loneliness.” Users can also choose to follow other users.

Best for. The support group community distinguishes VentSpace as a truly judgment-free zone. User reviews often mention feeling heard and supported by other users when on the app, as opposed to other social media platforms.

3. Reddit​

The basics. In 2021, Reddit ranked as one of the most popular apps, with nearly 48 million active monthly users. In fact, you may already have an account.

Reddit is a true hodgepodge of special interests, and if you’re looking to vent, peruse the subreddits like:

Format. Reddit can be used on the web or as an app on your phone. You don’t need an account to read these subreddits, but you’ll need to create one if you want to comment, post, upvote, or downvote.

Best for. Due to its popularity as an anonymous social media site, Reddit may be the most convenient option if you’re not interested in creating another account elsewhere.

4. HearMe​

The basics. Perhaps you’re not as interested in unburdening your problems on a vast group of random readers and commenters. On HearMe, you’re anonymously connected with one listener. And this isn’t just any stranger. The listeners on HearMe are trained by leading experts in empathy skills.

Format. HearMe can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

Best for. One-on-one listening from a trained empathetic listener means this app more purposefully prioritizes emotional well-being than other forums and chat rooms.

5. The Sh*tBox​

The basics. Do you feel like you’re one cracker bite away from going off on your coworker for their loud chewing? Instead of causing a scene in the office or over Zoom, you can talk smack on The Sh*tBox.

Format. The Sh*tBox is a web-only platform. Its minimalist design puts all the focus on your complaint. And, this is not a community forum — it’s just you and a chat bot.

Best for. The Sh*tBox preserves your professionalism by allowing you to anonymously complain to a chat box. You could try typing, “He never stops talking,” “I’ll go mad if she CCs my boss one more time.” Or simply, “I hate it here.”

You’ll often get encouraging and sometimes unintentionally funny automated messages from a chat bot that can hopefully diffuse your pet peeves.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
Wondercrinkee said:
I thought this was an open forum.
Within the limitations stated at the top of every page of the Incontinence Forum:
  • The Incontinence forum is for people with genuine incontinence issues. Posting made-up stories is NOT allowed, and is grounds for a ban. If you are not incontinent yourself, you should take special care to be respectful/nice when posting here.

CheshireCat said:
Within the limitations stated at the top of every page of the Incontinence Forum:
Thank you.

CheshireCat said:
Clarify for me what you meant.

Okay on the info note at this site, but I hit here from the "What's new" column, and I already know the stuff about respect and such. I wasn't disrespectful, but I certainly think it was the other way around. Interesting this issue arose.

Maybe you can help me.
What did I post that was a made-up story? Please clarify. And how was I disrespectful? Plus, how do you know I'm NOT incontinent??? Interesting this is, how do you know anything about me unless I post it on my personal information, which I need not do as many don't. It's OPTIONAL. Although intermittent incontinence may be considered just a fluke, there is incontinence in many creatures on this earth. It shouldn't be some mean club. That bothers me. Do you know me? Please PM me if this is a huge issue??? You should know better than this silly behavior...?

greatlake5 said:
I've been IC since the beginning. And yes, it can be exhausting. I'm completely diaper dependent so diaper changes are done daily. You never get a break. It's not just wet diapers. Cleaning up after a BM accident takes more work. Lets face it, having a load in your diaper usually means that a shower comes next. At least it does for me. Being IC is a regular every thing. Day in and day out. You get used to it. There's no choice. But you get exhausted. I know I do.I suppose most of us get through it and move on. But some days I just refuse.

A couple of days back I sat back that morning and didn't clean up. I had woke that morning and knew I had messed while sleeping. But I didn't clean up. I had coffee and watched TV. Trying to feel like a normal person. Not having to be wearing a diaper. Not having to clean and wash after having a mess. But after a few hours I knew I had to hit the shower. That's what my life is like. Sometimes I'm exhausted and like most of the time I just get through it.

Do you feel like this? Sometimes it's depressing. Sometimes you just don't want to change your diaper. But being IC I'm forced to do what I have to do. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I am very glad to just have urinary IC, but having to worry about leaks is not fun and not a choice to make.

CheshireCat said:
I read all of wondercrinkee's posts in this thread and couldn't find anything disrespectful, made up or discriminating or harmful in any way.
Sure it's a different wording he used compared to others but I'm pretty sure this is a case of the other person overreacting, which happens in this forum a few times, simply because wondercrinkee's profile doesn't mention he's incontinent.
All i can say is , just relax everyone, there's no harm done.

Back on topic: i too agree it can be tiresome, i try to solve some by planning and packing ahead but with hot weather it's a burden.
The Cunningham clamp helps a bit but wearing it too often causes skin irritation, but i do it to reduce heat rash.
Having to dilate the urethra weekly is also time consuming, combining that with type 1 diabetes that requires constant monitoring and maintenance of equipment, also the diabetes fatigues me faster than before.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Raven801
Back