Been in diapers for about 6 months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calranthe

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am lucky in one way because I have always had a fetish/desire for diapers not a little one but you get the idea, the reason I say lucky is because nocturia (night time increase in need to urinate) and bowel cancer means I have no choice but to wear, accepting the desire side just stopped all the stress and self worth problems.

Less of a omg I have to wear diapers now and more of a yay I get to wear them now.

If I don't then needing to go toilet every hour during the night which can quickly wear down your energy levels, I even tried keeping a hospital style bottle next to the bed but it still always meant waking up every hour and sleepiness meant accidents.

Leaking is always a problem but I have washable pads for my bed, I wear Tena ultimate, 2 layers of terry pants and plastic pants on the outside (sleep on my side) 50% chance I will go through the night without the pads getting wet but I am use to it and part of my routine.

Can not put into words how nice it is to sleep for 5-6 hours a night without waking.

Sometimes I also wear during the day.

No fix for what is wrong.

I had a bad reaction to a blood pressure tablet, (kidneys are fine and working efficiently which is part of the problem) caused me to gain about 1-2kg of liquid water weight on my ankles and legs during the day, as soon as night time comes and once I lay down in bed it all goes straight to my bladder, added to that the night time rhythm is also damaged so no reduction of urine creation during the night.

Bowel cancer (in remission but 40% of bowels were removed and that comes with its own issues that have no fix)

Always looking at new diapers but most I find too expensive, tena seem to absorb a good amount before leaking into the terry cloth pants.

Amount of water I drink has no bearing at all on how much I need to go during the night, I can even stop drinking at 6pm and no difference.

So this is what I cope with and yes I am really happy that I am able to see it as a positive, living alone since my Wife died (she was fine with it anyway) means I do all the laundry and being classed as severely disabled means I don't leave the house much anyway.

• Love
Reactions: Elhon, checkingoutall, Jr2012 and 4 others
Thats awesome, congrats on the remission! My mom died of breast cancer. Shits no joke. I use crinklez and I have never had a leak, highly recommend.

Reactions: Jr2012 and BobbiSueEllen
Oddly, we have the same problem with blood pressure meds, except mine is a diuretic, prescribed as a preventive measure for kidney heath/diabetes. I actually have to take mine at night, as even the lowest dose makes me drowsy, so I end up needing a super thick, usually doubled, and boosted diaper to make it so I don't leak. And add that into the fact I don't produce the right hormone in the rightt amount to keep urine production down, Dooooooooooomed. Even then, I need to wear water wings to keep from drowning and sandbag my side of the bed to keep my partner dry. The next step might be to make me sleep in a kiddy pool, but we are worried about over flowing!

Anyways, humor aside, if you are having issues with a swelling still, might be time to talk to you Primary about switching the type of blood pressure medicine or getting some compression socks.

• Haha
Reactions: Jr2012 and BobbiSueEllen
Azie said:
Oddly, we have the same problem with blood pressure meds, except mine is a diuretic, prescribed as a preventive measure for kidney heath/diabetes. I actually have to take mine at night, as even the lowest dose makes me drowsy, so I end up needing a super thick, usually doubled, and boosted diaper to make it so I don't leak. And add that into the fact I don't produce the right hormone in the rightt amount to keep urine production down, Dooooooooooomed. Even then, I need to wear water wings to keep from drowning and sandbag my side of the bed to keep my partner dry. The next step might be to make me sleep in a kiddy pool, but we are worried about over flowing!

Anyways, humor aside, if you are having issues with a swelling still, might be time to talk to you Primary about switching the type of blood pressure medicine or getting some compression socks.
Wow, the past few days have been eye opening. Between your post with the blood pressure meds (I take lisinopril) and egor's with the antibiotics, which I also have complications from with long term use, little surprise about my issues with IC.

Reactions: DAJA and Jr2012
Azie said:

I think I am facing the same kind of issue as you, no diaper lasts the night, so even with changes of BP it didn't fix it, my night time flow is the same as my day time also.

Now I have changed what I do and this may sound crazy but it is the nearest I have come to not leaking during the night or not leaking as much.

Outer layer plastic pants, inner layer 2 terry material rewash-able pants, and inside that a full size folded bathroom towel, folded so it just fits inside the front of the terry briefs and between my thighs.

It absorbs 99% of what I face at night, more laundry for me but if it works it works. No more buying disposables, no more huge wet patches on the bed pad.

Reactions: Jr2012
FudgedInLuvs said:
Wow, the past few days have been eye opening. Between your post with the blood pressure meds (I take lisinopril) and egor's with the antibiotics, which I also have complications from with long term use, little surprise about my issues with IC.
Yeah, isn't lisinopril so much fun! Besides some funkier side effects for the first few hours after taking it, it was making me wet so much that I couldn't go more than two hours without changing during the day, even in some of the best diapers on the market. Now I make it work for me, and can get some good sleep after taking it.

calranthe said:
I think I am facing the same kind of issue as you, no diaper lasts the night, so even with changes of BP it didn't fix it, my night time flow is the same as my day time also.

Now I have changed what I do and this may sound crazy but it is the nearest I have come to not leaking during the night or not leaking as much.

Outer layer plastic pants, inner layer 2 terry material rewash-able pants, and inside that a full size folded bathroom towel, folded so it just fits inside the front of the terry briefs and between my thighs.

It absorbs 99% of what I face at night, more laundry for me but if it works it works. No more buying disposables, no more huge wet patches on the bed pad.
I've been putting off the change to cloth diapers at night for a while as it wasn't a good idea when I didn't have a washing machine. Now with the new house, I am waiting to move my partner in so we can set up the hobby room, and figure out where we can put the sewing machine. I haven't found the right fit and refuse to pay the high price for prefolds when I can make them for the quarter of the price.

Reactions: Jr2012, FudgedInLuvs and calranthe
I totally understanding being able to accept wearing diapers being so much easier because of being a diaper lover before hand. I too have to wear for medical reasons but was never ashamed by it. It actually took lots of stress away, I no longer had to hide them.

Glad things are in remission and hope it stays that way forever. For those that have never had to deal with any bowel issues makes it a little hard to understand. I am sorry they had to take so much out and now you have to deal with the bowel issues, but as you already know, a good diaper can really help and gives support and security.

Sorry for the loss of your wife and it is great to hear and know she accepted your diapers. Being alone has it's good and bad points and each of us will react differently to it. It's awesome how you are dealing with her loss and how you are now classified as disabled.

Looking forward to reading more of your post, be they are questions and or items you share about how you are handling things.

THANKS for sharing.

calranthe said:
I am lucky in one way because I have always had a fetish/desire for diapers not a little one but you get the idea, the reason I say lucky is because nocturia (night time increase in need to urinate) and bowel cancer means I have no choice but to wear, accepting the desire side just stopped all the stress and self worth problems.

Less of a omg I have to wear diapers now and more of a yay I get to wear them now.

If I don't then needing to go toilet every hour during the night which can quickly wear down your energy levels, I even tried keeping a hospital style bottle next to the bed but it still always meant waking up every hour and sleepiness meant accidents.

Leaking is always a problem but I have washable pads for my bed, I wear Tena ultimate, 2 layers of terry pants and plastic pants on the outside (sleep on my side) 50% chance I will go through the night without the pads getting wet but I am use to it and part of my routine.

Can not put into words how nice it is to sleep for 5-6 hours a night without waking.

I had a bad reaction to a blood pressure tablet, (kidneys are fine and working efficiently which is part of the problem) caused me to gain about 1-2kg of liquid water weight on my ankles and legs during the day, as soon as night time comes and once I lay down in bed it all goes straight to my bladder, added to that the night time rhythm is also damaged so no reduction of urine creation during the night.

Bowel cancer (in remission but 40% of bowels were removed and that comes with its own issues that have no fix)

Always looking at new diapers but most I find too expensive, tena seem to absorb a good amount before leaking into the terry cloth pants.

Amount of water I drink has no bearing at all on how much I need to go during the night, I can even stop drinking at 6pm and no difference.

So this is what I cope with and yes I am really happy that I am able to see it as a positive, living alone since my Wife died (she was fine with it anyway) means I do all the laundry and being classed as severely disabled means I don't leave the house much anyway.
Almost exact same symptoms, except I had a spinal cord injury. The feet swelling during the day, then I can stop drinking fluids hours before bed and even use a catheter to completely empty, but I'll still wet the bed without a diaper on. As for bowels my system is slower due to sitting in my wheelchair all day. I'll only go maybe twice a week but when I do its a lot. I have reduced sensation down there so it sometimes comes without warning. Even if I can tell im about to go I have no control to hold it. When I'm home by myself with my Abena diaper I'm at ease and can handle it. it's nice that this has become a full fetish for me or else I dont know how id deal with it lol.

Azie said:
Yeah, isn't lisinopril so much fun! Besides some funkier side effects for the first few hours after taking it, it was making me wet so much that I couldn't go more than two hours without changing during the day, even in some of the best diapers on the market. Now I make it work for me, and can get some good sleep after taking it.
Oh, just friggin' delightful! What freaked me out with it was when I'd wake up in the middle of the night with vertigo, felt like my mattress was spinning fast enough to bore a hole through the center of the Earth. When I first got on it, nighttime accidents for the longest time, and it's still like a powerful diuretic (been on it less than 2 years), had it switched with a different pill and I wet myself every night for a month. I've also had nights where I've got up to use the bathroom, and have slipped on something in my room, this is when I'm dead exhausted from an endurance workout, bladder doesn't care that I've gone down it'll just release when it wants too, diapers have saved me many times. I do the same thing and take it right around the time I go to bed

Last edited:
Why anyone would choose getting out of bed in the night, certainly if they typically have to go more than once, I’ve no idea...

calranthe said:

I had a tumor, it was removed but still left me incontinent. On the brighter side I discovered that I really enjoy peeing in my diaper. That makes it easier for me to make the best of my problem.

calranthe said:

First I want to say congrats on remission from cancer I’m in remission from sarcoma three months now. As for diapers I wear betterdry during the day and inspire incontrol nighttime diapers at night (2.25 per diaper) with no leaks.

FudgedInLuvs said:
Meds are the reason I wear at night. 3 different BP types, 2 of which have some interaction with the bladder and Gabapenten for sleep issues, it is a type of sleep aid. Needless to say I usually do not wake up and wet my diaper. Later closer to morning I sometimes awaken with the urge to go, I just use the diaper. I am also finding that wearing during the daay at times has an advantage of not having to find restrooms when out shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back