Bedwetting Diapers as a Kid

Jg21101 said:
Mostly pampers/ baby nappies until about 10ish and then from secondary school drynites
Did you really have to wear baby diapers until age 10? Was that embarrassing?

I wet the bed until around 16 years, when it becomes a few times a week thing, before eventually going away completely.
-Between 0-7, I was put in pampers baby dry, as I was a small kid. I was fully potty trained at 5 years old, but continued to wear them at night for bedwetting.

-Then, suddenly around 7, I started gaining weight and height at a crazy rate. Then, I remember my dad one day coming in my room, right before bedtime with an youth-sized "adult diaper" (I can't remember what brand, but I'm guessing they were depends or attends, something readily available) I offered to put it on myself, but for some reason he insisted on doing it for me, even though I remember putting my pampers on by myself with no problem since I was around 5 years old. I'm guessing he wanted to make sure they fit me?

-The youth diapers didn't last long, though and I started getting goodnites instead (this was in the late 90s/early 2000s when goodnites were plain white pull-ups.) I had no issues with them, they barely leaked and they kept my bed dry. I know I wore them until I was at least 10 years old, because I remember wearing them to bed at the hotel when we went to disney world and cocoa beach in 2001. (As an autistic kid that didn't like crowds, I definitely preferred the beach portion of the vacation)

-Once my parents got divorced a year later, my goodnite supply suddenly stopped getting replenished by both of them (as if the divorce wasn't already hard enough) and my dad instead took the route of patronizing me for wetting the bed, thinking that harming my self-esteem would somehow stop my bedwetting faster. Long story short, my mom at least started getting me pullups, but they were utterly useless and thanks to dad, I didn't have the confidence to ask her for better diapers...I just wanted to stop wetting the bed...and eventually I did, lots of washed sheets later. I missed out on a lot of sleepover opportunities because I was afraid of being teased for wetting the bed at such an old age. It really sucked that I initially had supportive parents, but my dad did that complete 180 when he divorced my mom.

SparkyDog said:
I've never understood this theory. Let's not let kids drink before bed...
Especially when they are already diapered 🤦‍♂️
Not letting them have something to drink before bed can lead to potential dehydration.

Also, urine has a much stronger smell when you're dehydrated.

Reactions: SparkyDog and Chimera
Sidewinder said:
Not letting them have something to drink before bed can lead to potential dehydration.

Also, urine has a much stronger smell when you're dehydrated.
That's one thing my dad pushed on me hard after the goodnites supply stopped, which I didn't include in my little monologue. He wouldn't let me drink anything 2 hours before bedtime. And surprise, I still wet the bed...and even with that being the case, he still continued the whole "limiting fluids before bedtime" solution, even though it didn't work 99% of the time...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting shit to change, as Vass Montenegro once said!

Reactions: Sidewinder
Some of the stories here just reminding me how cruel and self absorbed adults are. They never wanted kids they wanted sex and resent and abuse and neglect the kids. Terrible. Why I ended up ace and ABDL. So many problems and so much self inflicted poverty and misery and resentment in the world caused by sex addiction and normies being slaves to their hormones, and they always blame and take it out on the kids.

If when I have kids they will be my whole world.

If you can't put your kids first, keep your $&^$#@$ pants on. Not a child's fault you cant go 3 seconds without getting your willy wet. Not a child's fault you dropped out of school and never had a career and have a dead end life. Etc. 🤬

Last edited:
Reactions: Chimera
LittleAndAlone said:
Some of the stories here just reminding me how cruel and self absorbed adults are. They never wanted kids they wanted sex and resent and abuse and neglect the kids. Terrible. Why I ended up ace and ABDL. So many problems and so much self inflicted poverty and misery and resentment in the world caused by sex addiction and normies being slaves to their hormones, and they always blame and take it out on the kids.

If when I have kids they will be my whole world.

If you can't put your kids first, keep your $&^$#@$ pants on. Not a child's fault you cant go 3 seconds without getting your willy wet. Not a child's fault you dropped out of school and never had a career and have a dead end life. Etc. 🤬
I share your resentment, tenfold. It's almost like a lot of adults "fake it until they make it" with adulthood, but are actually entitled children deep inside. As the old saying goes, growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional. I feel like a lot of ABDL parents probably are a lot more mature than non-abdl, because we've learned to separate our inner child from how an adult is supposed to be.

In my case, I was a mistaken late-teenage pregnancy for my parents, so long story short, they felt obligated to get married

Last edited:
I was in pull ups until 6 and then goodnties through until I was dry hen I turned 13.

I think pull ups were various brands on sale at the time, this was in the early 2000s. I remember having favourites and bedtime pants I disliked

Stacy said:
If you were a genuine bedwetter as a child or teen and wore protection, what kind of protection did you wear? Baby diapers? Pull-Ups? GoodNites? Cloth? Adult diapers? Also how old were you and what time era?
Always been a bedwetter, always wore cloth diapers and rubber or vinyl panties. Tried disposables and have found them useful but I back them up with a cloth diaper in case they leak. Very bulky but very secure.

Reactions: Lyric and Luvshugs
I had Drynites to make sure i have a dry morning. Until i Was like 11 then i was dry for a while. When i started wetting the bed again i got adult diapers

iampadded said:
Like that would matter. At that age, kids have diaper radar, and the friends knew you were wearing, even if it’s totally silent.
Yeah I kinda agree that the noise wasn't the issue or give-away usually? The bulk/printing really was more obvious especially if they were wet in the morning. Besides no one in the history of ever was fooled into thinking a pull-up/diaper was underwear by the prints/designs. It's obviously a diaper/pull-up and not that hard to figure out really cause usually it's the waistband visible not the prints and stuff.

-----

I wore Pull-ups/Easy-Ups/Underjams/Goodnites and later Attends to bed around my friends or sometimes my siblings friends when we'd have sleepovers and stuff and it rarely was noticed? I always wore pajama bottoms and a overly large/long shirt to bed and while yeah pull-ups and diapers make some noise it was mostly the bulk and printing/outline of them that was noticeable. I wasn't discovered that many times, most of the people that I was friends with or my siblings were friends with knew about it cause we pretty much kept the same group of friends and their siblings and stuff over the years and it wasn't an issue?

One time I remember that it was an issue and I was upset/embarrassed was at a travel swim meet (competitive swimming) that was out of state where the kids on the team had to share a room with each other for a couple nights and there was an older swimmer assigned to be in charge of the room usually with a few younger swimmers. But the older kid that was assigned my room who I wasn't friends with and neither were any of my older siblings, he found out or something or noticed my pull-up and and made a fuss about it and I got pretty embarrassed/upset, I don't remember 100% of what happened or was said as it was almost 20 years ago, but it was evil-spirited and my feelings were hurt, luckily my parents were there cause all my siblings were swimmers and on the team, but I just remember being upset enough that I went to them and ended up in another room after they talked to the coaches about it privately. Never had any other issues and went to plenty of other travel meets and shared rooms with other swimmers over the years, we weren't allowed to stay with our parents, was a "team" thing and there was no exceptions ever.

I just always got ready for bed in the bathroom and would put my wet pull-ups in a trash bag in my swim bag in the morning and Mom took care of tossing it out discreetly sometime throughout the day so that I could keep it secret from other teammates that I didn't want knowing. I'm sure it was probably noticed by some and not brought up, IDK. I feel like it would've been kinda hard to tell but maybe not?

padded1989 said:
i had goodnites into early high school for nights and travel and developed a comfort for them. anyone else have a similar story with developing an attachment for them?
Definitely! When my first round of bedwetting stopped at 15, I really missed wearing them to bed. I would steal a few from my little brother or even open a package in the grocery store and stuff on or two down my pants. As much as I wanted to stop wetting at night growing up, I really became hooked on my diapers!

padded1989 said:
i had goodnites into early high school for nights and travel and developed a comfort for them. anyone else have a similar story with developing an attachment for them?
Yes this was similar for me only younger. I had goodnites for the bedwetting but then several years after after I had been dry and not needing them anymore is when I when I got interested in getting them again. I hated them as a kid for keeping me from campouts, sleepovers, and vacations and stuff but then by 8/9th grade I was secretly buying them again. Strange.

I think they were pampers transitions from the early 90s. I was no more than 4 maaaaybe. Still wet the bed till I was 6 but diapers were a nono by that point for some reason and my folks just got me on the plastic sheet. I wonder if I showed too much enthusiasm for diapering time and they wanted to curb it...meh. I wear to bed now and its the best.

Jbdl said:
I think they were pampers transitions from the early 90s. I was no more than 4 maaaaybe. Still wet the bed till I was 6 but diapers were a nono by that point for some reason and my folks just got me on the plastic sheet. I wonder if I showed too much enthusiasm for diapering time and they wanted to curb it...meh. I wear to bed now and its the best.
Sounds like what happened to me. My parents stopped buying me Huggies when i was 8, which was 1989. i just had to wet the bed. but my bedwetting didnt stop and they put me back in Adult diapers at night when i was 11. I wore them until i was 12.

Last edited:
IFloat said:
I was born in early 70’s and was out of day diapers around 3 yrs old, but I continued to wet my bed about every night until I was maybe 14 or so. Then iI slowly started having some dry nights and the. Some stretch’s of dry nights. But it would always return at the most unexpected moments. My mother put me in diapers and rubber pants and diapered me nightly till I was about 11. My bed had a real rubber sheet under the top sheet, it was off-white I had two of them, so when one was being laundered, the other was on my bed. When I was 11 I was put in charge of my own diapering And I was pretty bad at it so the rubber sheet got a pretty good workout.
Whatever happened to your rubber sheets? Did they get put up in the attic? given away?

Back