Bedwetting alarms

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I just started to use a bedwetting alarm again, has anyone used one as an adult? I had to use one as a kid but it didn't help because I was unplugging it and got put back in diapers at night for it.

Never had one as an adult. My folks tried one with me as a kid but I just slept through it and by the time it woke me the bed was wet as usual an the whole house was awake. They soon gave up on that idea. It wasn't long after that they gave up tying to get me dry at night and just accepted I was a bedwetterand probably always would be.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Babybear2006
Wetshisbed said:
Never had one as an adult. My folks tried one with me as a kid but I just slept through it and by the time it woke me the bed was wet as usual an the whole house was awake. They soon gave up on that idea. It wasn't long after that they gave up tying to get me dry at night and just accepted I was a bedwetterand probably always would be.
Same here, I just figured that I would try again to get dry

Reactions: EcoIncon
I did try that inhumane instrument of torture a few years ago, suggested by my urologist and encouraged by my then gf (now ex), when the frecuency of my sleep wetting issues started to increase... those have been the most miserable weeks of my life as I didn´t get consistent quality sleep due to the darned thing buzzing from 2 to 5 times in a single night, and by the time I woke up to use the toilet there was nothing left for it, which was utterly frustrating and nerve-wracking...

The amount of laundry from those days combined with the lack of sleep overwhhelmed me so much that it was pratically impossible to even talk to me without obtaining a short-tempered rant in response, so my ex´s next suggestion was to "try absorbent garments" to which, being a lifelong DL, I agreed almost without hesitation.

Once I switched to night-time diapers, the quality of my sleep along with my overall mood improved so much that I didn´t even hesitate when I smashed that demonic device with a hammer and threw it away.

Anyway, I do hope it works for you! I wish you all the success in this new quest for dryness!

Reactions: Babybear2006 and EcoIncon
DinoFran said:
I did try that inhumane instrument of torture a few years ago,
Ha! Totally agree with your assessment. For me, this did nothing more than announce to everyone that I had we the bed... again. While I still try to maintain control during the day, sleep is so much more valuable than making it to the toilet 25% of the time at night.

@Babybear2006 ... I'm not saying you shouldn't try. I hope it works for you! But the only thing it did for me was to turn me into a zombie for a few months.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinoFrant, Lyric and Babybear2006
DinoFran said:
I did try that inhumane instrument of torture a few years ago, suggested by my urologist and encouraged by my then gf (now ex), when the frecuency of my sleep wetting issues started to increase... those have been the most miserable weeks of my life as I didn´t get consistent quality sleep due to the darned thing buzzing from 2 to 5 times in a single night, and by the time I woke up to use the toilet there was nothing left for it, which was utterly frustrating and nerve-wracking...

The amount of laundry from those days combined with the lack of sleep overwhhelmed me so much that it was pratically impossible to even talk to me without obtaining a short-tempered rant in response, so my ex´s next suggestion was to "try absorbent garments" to which, being a lifelong DL, I agreed almost without hesitation.

Once I switched to night-time diapers, the quality of my sleep along with my overall mood improved so much that I didn´t even hesitate when I smashed that demonic device with a hammer and threw it away.

Anyway, I do hope it works for you! I wish you all the success in this new quest for dryness!
I'm trying to stop wearing diapers again and have one the goes in a pullup, it went off twice last night and had to change. My ex said that she would get back with me if I could stop wetting the bed and wearing diapers.

• Thinking
Reactions: EcoIncon and DinoFrant
Babybear2006 said:
I'm trying to stop wearing diapers again and have one the goes in a pullup, it went off twice last night and had to change. My ex said that she would get back with me if I could stop wetting the bed and wearing diapers.

I´m happy that you could get one that doesn´t cause endless loads of laundry; I do wish you all the success and hope you can achieve dryness...

Now forgive me if I step out of the line, in which case I apologize in advance, but your ex´s request sounds somewhat cruel and manipulative. I understand you must really want to be back with her since you´re willing to go through night time potty training and to stop wearing diapers... so I really have a hard time believing you would be fully happy in the long run.

Again, I could be very, very wrong, but this kind of requests would never come from someone who loves you for who you are, let alone from someone who cares for your needs in reciprocity. But listen to your heart and do what you think is best for you. Best of luck!

Reactions: tbjay and Babybear2006
Babybear2006 said:
I might understand your motivation to get rid of your bedwetting in order to get back your ex - but this is quite strange for me! I think you do not wet the bed on purpose, but by a medical condition. In case there is no medical healing, using an improper protection like pull-ups, or trying a device to wake you up several times a night for a bathroom sprint can't be a solution to save a relationship!

One of the most important things in a relationship is that you can rely on each other, that you support each other in all good and bad circumstances. For my wife it was purely natural to support me in my beginning incontinence a year ago, making me feel fully accepted and loved - no matter if I have to wear protection or not. She stated right from the beginning that there is nothing I have to be ashamed of, and that we go through all of it together as team and that she is fine with everything which helps me managing my IC in a reasonable and comfortable way, and if I'm fine with wearing diapers without side effects instead of taking more meds or trying surgery options it's fully OK for her.

Anyway, do what you think is best for you, but if my wife would ever recommend from me to change something which is out of my control I'd question the status of our relationship...

Reactions: DinoFrant, CheshireCat and tbjay
Babybear2006 said:
I just started to use a bedwetting alarm again, has anyone used one as an adult? I had to use one as a kid but it didn't help because I was unplugging it and got put back in diapers at night for it.
I dont think they even had these alarms when I was growing up in the 1960s and early 70s. My parants instead did 4 am wakeups for me and my older brother and it didnt work. Funny thing was that our bladders were on different schedules and even when we were still dry at 4 am was still difficult to pee on demand. My brother was often wet by 4 am and Id do a few dribbles and then wake up soaked at 7 am anyway when we were called to get up and get ready for school. I think the best idea is to just go with the flow. Other issues like relationships might be affected but there are always diapers. Do bedwetting alarms even work with diapers? I think you would be mostly soaked before enough would leak out to set off the alarm.

mikesecret said:
I dont think they even had these alarms when I was growing up in the 1960s and early 70s. My parants instead did 4 am wakeups for me and my older brother and it didnt work. Funny thing was that our bladders were on different schedules and even when we were still dry at 4 am was still difficult to pee on demand. My brother was often wet by 4 am and Id do a few dribbles and then wake up soaked at 7 am anyway when we were called to get up and get ready for school. I think the best idea is to just go with the flow. Other issues like relationships might be affected but there are always diapers. Do bedwetting alarms even work with diapers? I think you would be mostly soaked before enough would leak out to set off the alarm.
yes they did8d0a6945dd62cab98c49c592dd723c98 (1).jpg67503baadb97718b22519058668aefbb--water-balloons-plastic-pants.jpg

I had such a thing for a little while as a kid. I guess it worked? It was very annoying, however.

It's for sure that devices detecting upcoming wetness in a diaper exist (also since a long time) and that they work fine, it's no real rocket science! But the original question is not a technical one, but of me the worst behind it is a relationship issue: babybear2006 is trying everything including the "bedwetting alarm" in order to get rid of his nighttime accidents because his ex said that she would get back with him if he could stop wetting the bed and wearing diapers.
That's a scandalous behavior which needs to be discussed and how they can work on that!

I haven't been using it for a week but have been waking up dry lately and started to just wear pullups to bed instead of a diaper. My pullups usually are dry or haven't been leaking. Its been nice not to have to put a diaper on every night.

Reactions: nectar0001
My parents never tried alarms for my issues. Just diapers, and pullups.

Reactions: Babybear2006
Back