ARBBB2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
My cousin wet the bed until 8 years old, and is now an ABDL, just curious how many people here think that had an effect on them so thats why they are ab/dl's now?

Reactions: Zeke, DiaperLuver06, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I wore at night until my tweens and it definitely normalised wearing and being wet but I feel like my DL side was always there for me

Reactions: DiaperLuver06, BobbiSueEllen, OriginalWetone and 1 other person
I was a bedwetter well into my teens. Sadly I didn't get to wear diapers much. I don't know why.
That's why I'm a DL.

Reactions: DiaperLuver06, BobbiSueEllen, OriginalWetone and 1 other person
I was a bedwetter until about 9 years old, so there is some correlation I believe

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and ARBBB2
Not a bed wetter when younger I was a diaper lover and grew out of it for awhile when I started bed wetting in 2017 as my DL side started to grow I started wearing all the time and became a abdl soon after

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, OriginalWetone and ARBBB2
It's certainly possible.

I wet the bed from about 9 to 12 years old and I don't think I would have become an ABDL if I didn't but I can't be sure.

I wish I was bedwetter instead of having fetish to want to wear them. At least if I actually needed them I wouldn't feel guilty about it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Rearz902, OriginalWetone and 2 others
I've worn Goodnites till the age of eleven or twelve and loath and behold- been a DL sense then! 😆

Now as for me being an AB, that's a different story. I'm not that into it; but slowly getting into it little by little. Have a baby bottle and cute diaper cover. Maybe think of getting myself a paci someday but still thinking.

This is my topic for sure! I am positive that being a bedwetter growing up is what lead to my being a DL as an adult. Some of my earliest memories from my life involve wearing diapers to bed and waking up wet and going downstairs to the living room to watch tv. Even at the age of 4 or 5 I was struck by a feeling that was a mixture of comfort and shame as I sat there cross-legged on the living room floor watching cartoons when a Huggies commercial would come on. The voice-over would comment on the little boy in the ad standing there looking so sad wearing "one of those saggy diapers that leak". When I heard that, I remember looking down at my own droopy, soggy diaper that was soaked from the night before. I was starting to become aware that I was a little too old to be wearing diapers even though I definitely needed them at night.

I also had several experiences having my diaper put on in front of other people, usually other family members or family friends. My parents never treated my diapers as a punishment. Nor did they deliberately try to publicly shame me for needing diapers. But some times they were completely oblivious to the fact that a five year old could be devastated by his neighborhood buddies seeing him having his Pampers put on him right before bedtime.

The first truly embarrassing moment I can remember involving diapers happened at a very busy public rest stop. We had been traveling in the car on our way to the beach for a weeks vacation. I guess I was about 5 years old and by that time I really only wore diapers to bed or while traveling in the car on longer trips like that. My dad pulled into a rest stop on the parkway after we had been in the car for a few hours, stuck in traffic. I had been sleeping for hours in the backseat of the car. My dad decided to change my leaky diaper in the bathroom at this NJ Parkway rest stop while he went to the bathroom himself. I suppose the bathroom stalls were all occupied because me father changed my wet diaper while I was standing up over by the sinks in the mens room where everyone was coming and going. All I can remember is while my dad was tearing open the tapes of my saggy diaper, another boy about my age came into the bathroom with his own father. His eyes immediately darted towards my peed diaper. I was holding my own t-shirt up while my dad changed the diaper I was wearing. This other boy shouted "Dad! Look! That boy still wears DIAPERS!!!". It was really the first time that I realized that other kids didn't wear them too. It stung pretty hard and I started to cry out of embarrassment. The worst part was since my diaper had leaked on my shorts, my dad carried me out of the bathroom and back to the car and I had on nothing but a clean diaper and t-shirt.
I know my dad really didn't mean any harm in it, but that whole experience changed my life.

Over the next few years, there were several other occasions similar to this one that I can remember. By the time I was about 8, my parents were concerned enough about my wetting to consult with my pediatrician. One recommendation was to take away my diapers, try an alarm, and see how I'd respond. This was when I was about 10. I remember my mom bought these disposable pads for my bed to protect the mattress. The first few nights that I went to bed without a diaper, I actually missed the feeling of wearing them so I decided to pull the disposable mat around my legs and tape it up using Scotch tape. Well, the tapes didn't stick too well but I felt more comfortable sleeping that way. Sadly the alarms, medications, and other treatments just weren't effective and shortly after, I was back in diapers. That first night wearing diapers again, I was both disappointed but also very glad. I slept like a baby!

Once I hit puberty, I really started to feel connected to diapers. The first time I ever "played with myself" was early in the morning after waking up very wet. It was a school day but we were expecting snow. I was either 11 or 12. I can remember getting up out of bed to go to the window to see if it snowed. As soon as I stood up, the weight of the pee in my soggy diaper pulled it down. The slipperiness of the soaked padding slipping down my body actually tickled my morning wood in a way I had never felt before. Let's just say, I quickly returned to my bed and played around with myself in an way that I would repeat almost every single night ever since.

When I was a sophomore in high school, my bedwetting suddenly stopped. Although I was so happy to finally had control, I really did miss wearing diapers at night. But since it was really feeling like more of a fetish, I was very uncomfortable discussing anything related to diapers or bedwetting with my parents. I would sneak diapers from my younger brothers or even steal them from the grocery store.

When I was entering college, out of nowhere, my bedwetting started up again. It wasn't as frequent as it was when I was a kid but it happened enough to make me wear diapers at night again. Sexually speaking, I was way more comfortable with who I was and I really enjoyed incorporating diapers into my sex life. I joined plenty of DL sites online and met up with some really cool guys to play around in diapers.

Now I'm married to a wonderful guy who is not a DL but he understands my bedwetting and has never made me feel bad for wearing a diaper to bed. I really haven't been very honest with him about how diapers are not just a need but a turn on as well. I know he often wonders why some mornings when I wake up wet, I'm in no hurry to take off my soggy diaper.

Either way, I believe the memories I have of growing up wearing diapers to bed are responsible for my morphing into a DL as an adult. I no longer feel the shame I used to feel as a kid. I am only left with the comfort of putting on a diaper after a stressful day and enjoying the padded feeling!

Reactions: thedlguy, BigKid25, BobbiSueEllen and 4 others
yep i was a bedwetter till late teens like really late , till 16 years old . It definitely had an effect on me , i would say almost 100% . Wearing diapers though puberty didn't help but contribute to me being a DL now , at night when in diapers while lying on my bed my mind tend to wander and the padding down there makes me really horny as a teen back then . Diapers became sexual to me , wearing them throughout secondary school didn't help either , instead of being attracted to girls my age i instead became attracted to diapers , i was so confused back then and i didn't know what to do thinking i was weird and all . No one i know in school or anyone for that matter wore diapers at my age and like it .

I was potty trained late and i was in diapers 24/7 till about 5 , somehow somewhere deep down inside me misses the diapers and it probably manifest as bedwetting shortly after i was potty trained . I then started to wet till i was 16 then it stopped , after that i knew i wanted to wear diapers after all that i have been though , it feels natural to me and not to mention sexual , growing up in diapers as a teen makes it so for me .

Reactions: windelbby, BobbiSueEllen and ARBBB2
Didn’t expect so many people here to have been bedwetters. I figured any ABDLs who were bedwetters would draw some obvious parallels, and it would be an early fix in life, but way more people are saying they were bedwetters than I thought. I wasn’t personally, but this is kinda interesting to me for whatever reason.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ARBBB2 and Wetshisbed
I, too, wet the bed until I was 8 or 9. Diapers were the only effective management tool. Though I hated and was thoroughly embarrassed by them at the time, it wasn’t long after I suddenly went dry that I missed the feeling and would sneak them when I had the opportunity. I give my bedwetting past full credit for my attachment to diapers today — 20 some-odd years later.

I wasn’t a bedwetter (I was out of night nappies at around 3 3/4 and only wet the bed a handful of times after that) but I had school friends who were obviously bedwetters when I went round to play (bedrooms smelled like wee, crinkly plastic sheet on the bed, sometimes nappies found in the room).

I do remember being jealous of my sister when she was 3 and still wore nappies at night bouncing on my parents bed singing “I’m wearing a nappy! I’m wearing a nappy!” just before bedtime, but I was already a DL by then.

Reactions: Deleted member 53185, perlFerret and ARBBB2
As far as I remember, I didn't wet the bed. My DL side came out around the age of 4 - 5 when I stole my sister's diapers.

Now that I am medically incontinent, I wake up soaked every morning - to tell the truth, I wish I didn't wet at night.

I wet the bed accidently until grade school .. then would wet on purpose after that ,, didn't find diapers until I was 50ish

Reactions: OriginalWetone, BobbiSueEllen, ARBBB2 and 1 other person
I wasn't a bedwetter, however I did have other psychological issues with using the toilet (you can read about it in the about section in my bio) which meant I wore nappies until I was about seven and pull ups until I was ten. This definitely had an impact on me becoming a DL as it was normalised at from such a young age.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, ARBBB2 and chamberpot
I am certain my bedwetting had this effect on me as during my teens I know I could have beaten my bedwetting but chose not to and started wetting deliberately if I woke needing to pee until my sleep wetting became a nightly thing again. I never made any effort to become dry at night. When my incontinence and bedwetting started in my late 40's I just slipped n to old habits and now enjoy being in nappies 24/7

JasperW said:
Didn’t expect so many people here to have been bedwetters. I figured any ABDLs who were bedwetters would draw some obvious parallels, and it would be an early fix in life, but way more people are saying they were bedwetters than I thought. I wasn’t personally, but this is kinda interesting to me for whatever reason.
Bedwetting is way more common than most people realise.

I went through phases where the wetting was intentional at times and unintentional at others and began with the first 4-5 years of my life with my mom wanting a baby girl and my dad being gone most of the time. Changing my diapers was her reasoning for keeping me in nightgowns.

I was 2 when my baby brother was born and my potty training began but focused on messy diapers. Wet ones were okay and possibly encouraged as part of being her baby girl. Then the third time was the charm and my baby sister was born and I was out as the baby girl. That lasted a year or so and then one night I accidentally wet the bed and my mom made the worst mistake possible. She threatened to put me back in diapers if it happened again. I waited a couple of days and after being put to bed one night, wet myself and it felt so good. I think I had to do it a couple of more times before my mom began to diaper me and then decided that maybe I was doing it on purpose for her attention. She informed me that I was going to have to learn to diaper myself which was no problem for me. I'd already taught myself how to tie my shoes. Folding a cloth diaper and pinning it in place was much easier.

Around age 9 I decided that diapers were too babyish and I wanted to be one of the boys. My ability to stop wetting the bed almost overnight was never questioned. Then in my teens, walking the dog one night I needed to pee and on a lark I wet my pants. I'd totally forgotten how good that felt and it brought back memories of all those wonderful years in soggy diapers and now in puberty, there was an added sexual aspect. I started making diapers out of my mom's old bath towels. An old shower curtain from the neighbor's trash served as a mattress protector, and since I'd been responsible for washing my own clothes for a few years, I could keep it all hidden.

Then, as now, I didn't do it all the time, but as so many have said in another thread, there is nothing quit as relaxing as soggy diapers. Be it a day, a night, a weekend or a week, I love that warm wet feeling and will always be a DL as long as I live.

Last edited:
For me for sure. I was a bedwetter well into my teens and I guess it was more
the fact that I didn't get to wear diapers when I really needed them made me the DL
I am today.
I only wore a diaper to bed when sleeping somewhere else other than at home.

So yeah, my bedwetting definitely had an effect on my being a DL now, but more
in the opposite sense that I was diaper deprived as a kid, but wanted to wear
them so bad for my bedwetting and I guess I also liked wearing them.
I just was too chicken to talk about it and when that one time my mom got
fed up with wet bedding and sheets every morning she firmly asked
"Should I buy you Pampers again?!" and I got startled and yelled "NOOO!".
If I could just go back in time and talk to my 8 year old self back then
just a few minutes before that conversation took place... ;-)

Back